✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought I already did.

For clarity's sake would you be so kind as to elaborate on what you mean by "appealing to dark forces"?

Thank you kindly.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has that got to do with the question in the OP?
I ask because if you are, then it doesn't matter what I say, and I don't know enough about KJVO to start with that. It's fine if you are, I just don't know what more I can say if you are. All we could really do in that case is agree to disagree.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I ask because if you are, then it doesn't matter what I say, and I don't know enough about KJVO to start with that. It's fine if you are, I just don't know what more I can say if you are.

The issue here is what was raised here in Job 3:8, and the differences in the versions of this verse.

As always it is best and advisable to use surrounding verses and the theme of that chapter to line up with any particular verse.

The bottom line is that there is reason to investigate the various versions. Unfortunately, some versions have complete verses missing, and crucial verses at that. One need only do a comparison on the different versions to see that some entire verses are missing and some are distorted with words that do not fit or fall in line with the theme of that chapter or with the verses surrounding it.

And back to this thread, and Job, it is a worthwhile study to be familiar with the entire book of Job and why God described Job as He did, and why God allowed Satan to attack Job as He did and why God appeared "absent" to Job when he needed him most, and the bottom line of if Job sinned or not.

The key to all of it is what God said about Job in the beginning of the book of Job.

In studying the book of Job, inconsistencies are apparent, for instance in the verse Job 3:8

Leviathan doesn't fit at all.

Of COURSE it doesn't belong there.

Thank you kindly.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I ask because if you are, then it doesn't matter what I say, and I don't know enough about KJVO to start with that. It's fine if you are, I just don't know what more I can say if you are. All we could really do in that case is agree to disagree.

In addition, in doing a study on the book of Job, it speaks for itself when some kind of "insertion" or a word or phrase doesn't make sense or "fit".

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
By the way Sanoy, regarding post #4, "Leviathan" and "mourning" are not similar or even in the same category, but are in essence, the antithesis of each other.

Would you care to share where you read that it is the same or similar?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way Sanoy, regarding post #4, "Leviathan" and "mourning" are not similar or even in the same category, but are in essence, the antithesis of each other.

Would you care to share where you read that it is the same or similar?

I literally said in the very post that you are referring to that I don't know where I read it or why it said that. That information, to which you are disagreeing, would go in your favor. If I could have recalled where and why I would have done so in post 4.

If Leviathan can't be translated as mourning, as you say, then there really is no case at all that "Mourning" should be used. Strongs defines this word in Job 3:8 as leviathan. Full stop.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In addition, in doing a study on the book of Job, it speaks for itself when some kind of "insertion" or a word or phrase doesn't make sense or "fit".
So is that a yes or a no. Are you King James only? I really need an answer on that. There is no point continuing if you have a world view that large riding behind the definition of Mourning.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I literally said in the very post that you are referring to that I don't know where I read it or why it said that.

It would be interesting to see where that would be written and why it would state that they are inter changeable or similar.

Because they are not similar or even in the same category.

Thank you kindly.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So is that a yes or a no. Are you King James only? I really need an answer on that. There is no point continuing if you have a world view that large riding being the definition of Mourning.

What has that got to do with the OP?

On another note, it is your choice to continue or not. Regardless, it is perhaps a good idea to research ALL things. Especially when there is varying words used in the Bible that are so glaringly polar opposites.

We are admonished in God's Word to examine all things and to use discernment.

Thank you kindly.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has that got to do with the OP?

On another note, it is your choice to continue or not. Regardless, it is perhaps a good idea to research ALL things. Especially when there is varying words used in the Bible that are so glaringly polar opposites.

We are admonished in God's Word to examine all things and to use discernment.

Thank you kindly.
I'm am going to take your continual unwillingness to answer that question as an affirmative of KJVO. As such we are not even having the same conversation. I don't have a world view behind Mourning or Leviathan. I have no trouble agreeing with you if you make a good case. The reverse is not true. I can't make a good case to you because you have an entire world view (KJVO) riding behind your defense of "mourning". I would have to both argue for the verse and argue against KJVO and I am not prepared to do that. I know nothing about KJVO.

This is my last post. The conversation is a dead end at KJVO.

(KJVO - King James version only)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm am going to take your continual unwillingness to answer that question as an affirmative of KJVO. As such we are not even having the same conversation. I don't have a world view behind Mourning or Leviathan. I have no trouble agreeing with you if you make a good case. The reverse is not true. I can't make a good case to you because you have an entire world view (KJVO) riding behind your defense of "mourning". I would have to both argue for the verse and argue against KJVO and I am not prepared to do that. I know nothing about KJVO.

This is my last post. The conversation is a dead end at KJVO.

(KJVO - King James version only)

As you wish.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Commentary on Job chapter 3 verse 8.

Excerpt:
Job 3:8. Let them curse it that curse the day — That is, their birth-day: when their afflictions move them to curse their own birth-day, let them remember mine also, and bestow some curses upon it; who are ready to raise up their mourning — Who are full of sorrow, and always ready to pour out their cries, and tears, and complaints. A late writer paraphrases this verse as follows: “So little am I concerned to have my birth-night celebrated by any public demonstrations of joy, by any solemn blessing or giving of thanks, that I would rather choose to hire a set of those men, whose business it is to curse the days that are esteemed inauspicious, and who are always ready on such occasions. Let them be produced, and let them apply all their skill in raising their mournful voices to the highest pitch:

Job 3 Benson Commentary

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums