Any thoughts and similar experiences?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I often experience a spiritual encounter that I've been trying to understand for some years now. It happens at random times when I go to sleep.

It's after I turn off the lights in my room and fall asleep that a bright light fills my room. I do not dare to open my eyes but my eyes can feel the light in my room. The light is so intense that it causes a kind of slight vibration as it passes through my body and it's not discomforting. This lasts for about 5 minutes.

Last night, I've found some strength to open my eyes and when I opened my eyes, it wasn't my physical eyes because I could see the light but not the things in my room. Then I started praying and I was hearing someone preaching. It lasted for about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting.

What did you hear about the preaching?

It was a male voice describing Jesus...

I couldn't remember all the exact words...but it's clearly someone preaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I often experience a spiritual encounter that I've been trying to understand for some years now. It happens at random times when I go to sleep.

It's after I turn off the lights in my room and fall asleep that a bright light fills my room. I do not dare to open my eyes but my eyes can feel the light in my room. The light is so intense that it causes a kind of slight vibration as it passes through my body and it's not discomforting. This lasts for about 5 minutes.

Last night, I've found some strength to open my eyes and when I opened my eyes, it wasn't my physical eyes because I could see the light but not the things in my room. Then I started praying and I was hearing someone preaching. It lasted for about 5 minutes.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! There are ministering angels that are assigned to strengthen and guard us when needed. Their intention is not to be noticed, so some times they come when we are most vulnerable and that moment is right before we fall asleep. I always play dumb as I perceive the energy pulsating through me. I reveal this mystery to you as I know it to be true, but one must also be on guard to the ones that would imitate this, for not good reasons. Hope this helps you.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blessings in Christ Jesus! There are ministering angels that are assigned to strengthen and guard us when needed. Their intention is not to be noticed, so some times they come when we are most vulnerable and that moment is right before we fall asleep. I always play dumb as I perceive the energy pulsating through me. I reveal this mystery to you as I know it to be true, but one must also be on guard to the ones that would imitate this, for not good reasons. Hope this helps you.

Amen. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed.

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Greetings, sister!

I would be encouraged. I can't say for certain, but my guess is this may be the Lord's way of encouraging you from time to time that He is there, and that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Not sure how many strong Christians you have around you, but living in India, this may be something you need to reassure you. I have a reoccurring experience myself. I feel the tangible Presence of God pour over me, like warm oil - not wet, mind you. Just a tangible feeling of warmth will descend upon me - and it is the same Presence I felt when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and spoke in other tongues when I was in my early twenties. But I speak in tongues fairly often, and this feeling is not always there. It is a separate and distinct experience, and often comes to me at times when I am thinking about something embarrassing or discouraging, so I know it is the Lord coming to reassure me that He loves me and will never forsake me.

Hope that helps you some, and God bless.
Hidden

Last edited:
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,751.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This may not be relevant but some time ago I happened to be skimming the television when there was a show about some Australian Catholic priests who had lived in India for years. They said when they first went there, they were young, and had just come out of seminary. They thought they knew it all.

They said they gradually discovered the local Hindus and Moslems were closer to God than they were, partly due to their poverty, but also presumably other factors as well.

One of them made the comment "India is an easy place to be spiritual in."

I've had various spiritual experiences at night, as you have, from both sides - a couple of examples are a glowing light, while at other times there's been a sort of eerie oppressive darkness despite the presence of street lights outside. But since you live in a country where it's "easy to be spiritual in", you might also have the benefit of being more open to God's presence that Westerners are.

Just a thought - more of a conjecture actually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I got experiences like that when I was in the Sextons --- which was a Fundamentalist LDS Sect.

Upvote 0

DancingPenguins

Aug 16, 2020
Bay Area
✟21,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have dreams that sometimes happen later but I don’t know which ones will or won’t happen until after they happen. Sometimes I have dreams where I carry on conversations voices that claim to be God.

One of the most recent dreams where I thought Jesus was talking to me was over a year ago. I couldn’t see Him but I knew in the dream He was in front of me and holding my fingertips with His hands. I think even that gesture was to show me that He wanted me to be healed because it was the time in which I had for a short while stopped shredding my fingernails until they bled. In the dream He was telling me how He had suffered for me and how suffering produces hope and to share in His sufferings. I then asked how do I know it is you God? Then I heard a voice answer back you know who I AM. Then a shadow figure that I thought was a demon in the dream grabbed me and I was so scared in the dream that I woke up.

so far I haven’t really gone through suffering but I’m anticipating something in the future of that nature will come eventually but I don’t know what.

• Useful
Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟67,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I and friends have at times experienced a "flash" of light just as we were dropping off to sleep, right at the moment of slipping into sleep, sometimes we would open our eyes, then close them for the last time, I have always heard this is the guardian angel/angels sent to watch over us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DancingPenguins

Aug 16, 2020
Bay Area
✟21,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had dreams of Jesus being big bird, I hope that is not a problem.

maybe the Big bird was of the Holy Spirit. One of my early memories was being at church around Christmas time as a child. I saw a giant white bird land on the building with its feet being where the top of the Christmas tree was inside the building. It was almost the same size as the building itself. It then sat there for a while until flying around to the back of the main church where the giant cross was. I was tugging on my moms shirt until it was out of site

Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Cool. I had a similar experience once but without the light. I was not asleep. I had just woken up from a daytime nap but still resting in my kid's room in an apartment overseas. I often napped with my kids then. I had a strong sense something was coming in a spiritual sense to look at me. It was a big something. It was very good but I was very scared. I think I got approval from it. I kept my eyes shut tight though.

I couldn't handle that overpowering presence and I knew it. It was intense like you said. I would say it lasted maybe 5 minutes too but it was felt like forever. I tried to be very still. I was just so scared. That was the only time anything like that happened. Weird. Thanks for sharing!!! I don't think I have ever told my hubby because it was so odd. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟452,363.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cool. I had a similar experience once but without the light. I was not asleep. I had just woken up from a daytime nap but still resting in my kid's room in an apartment overseas. I often napped with my kids then. I had a strong sense something was coming in a spiritual sense to look at me. It was a big something. It was very good but I was very scared. I think I got approval from it. I kept my eyes shut tight though.

I couldn't handle that overpowering presence and I knew it. It was intense like you said. I would say it lasted maybe 5 minutes too but it was felt like forever. I tried to be very still. I was just so scared. That was the only time anything like that happened. Weird. Thanks for sharing!!! I don't think I have ever told my hubby because it was so odd. Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0