Katmando

Nov 19, 2003
USA
✟7,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Revelation 13:17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name

It appears to me that if you are not prepared it there could be a big temptation to take the mark. I have heard some preparing by learning how to life a self reliant life. So one would not have to rely on others to survive. I have looked into (google "self reliant life") it and WOW! there is allot to it. It is amazing how much we do not know.

Has anyone thought about such preparation if not for your self but maybe for one of your great, great, great grandchildren?

Katmando <><
[/font][font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][/font]

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You should realize that the mark before the abomination that causes desolation is based on buying, selling and trading. Apparently the Jews avoid revieving the mark but after the abomination that causes desolation it is that or death. I wonder about the third horseman speaking of the wheat and barely rations and wonder if that is not just a subsitance ration. My guess is that if you can get by on daily bread or barely rations you can avoid the mark but those who take it will be having a much easier time of it and the rations may well come with hard forced labor.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Katmando said:
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Revelation 13:17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name

It appears to me that if you are not prepared it there could be a big temptation to take the mark. I have heard some preparing by learning how to life a self reliant life. So one would not have to rely on others to survive. I have looked into (google "self reliant life") it and WOW! there is allot to it. It is amazing how much we do not know.

Has anyone thought about such preparation if not for your self but maybe for one of your great, great, great grandchildren?
[/font]

Greetings Katmando,

This is how those Christians avoid "taking the MoB":

Revelation 7:2-3 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

2 Cor 1:21-22 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0

bobbichan

Nutella is bliss
Oct 9, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,792.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I've seen it that way too... as the mark of the beast being more of a spiritual mark than a physical one... but somehow playing into how people will buy and sell. It looks like God will know who his true followers are because they're sealed.

At any rate... I trust God with this situation. If it's to happen in my lifetime, I trust God will provide for me somehow, whether it's a physcial mark or not.

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

Everyone has the mark..............................The Mark of Satan is the opposite of the mark of God. The mark of God is commandment keeping.

Since NO ONE can do that without the sealing of the Spirit that would make Dad ernie right (on this point)

The only way NOT to have the mark is to wash your robe white in the Blood of the Lamb so you are spotless before the Judgement throne.

Fail to keep the New Covenant and Jesus will blot you out of the book of Life.

Rev 3:5: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Blotted out............................. Geee that sounds like it leaves a mark doesn't it.

Notice everyone with the mark goes to perdition.

Ever been on a Farm on Slaughter day when the animals raised for slaughter are judge if they are to be slaughtered...........every animal goes down the shoot and before the slaughter Judge................if they are for slaughter they are marked with the Mark of slaughter.

2Pt:2:12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A4C said:
Apparently there are few here who believe pre -tribulation rapture of the Church - Oh well that could only mean that they will be pleasantly surprised.

No, there are a bit more than a few.

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
I think the fact that buying and selling has become an issue at the time of the end could mean the possibility that the world has gone into a depression or total economic collapse.

And if that's the case then it wouldn't be of any help to stock up on food items or even have fresh vegies growing in your garden . In this day and age you will only end up getting mugged anyway.

I still think there's more to this buying and selling thing than most of us realize , like how can it effect a person living in the congo jungle who doesn't use money in the first place , just catches and kills his food when he wants too.

Can you imagine this Beast dude sending a spokesman down into the congo to tell this almost caveman that he's not allowed to catch his own food unless he worships the image of the Beast , he'll be lucky if he doesn't end up on the cavemans dinner plate...lol

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
very simply draw very close to god, know his voice, and be obedient. those who are will have divine protection but only if you are obedient. look at david in battle, he was directed where to stand and all around him people died, i believe if he had moved he would have too. obedience and hearing the voice of god are paramount. that is how you prepare.

Upvote 0

Gary777

Gary777
Jan 1, 2004
Southern Sweden
✟15,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just The Facts said:
Hi

Everyone has the mark..............................The Mark of Satan is the opposite of the mark of God. The mark of God is commandment keeping.

Since NO ONE can do that without the sealing of the Spirit that would make Dad ernie right (on this point)

The only way NOT to have the mark is to wash your robe white in the Blood of the Lamb so you are spotless before the Judgement throne.

Fail to keep the New Covenant and Jesus will blot you out of the book of Life.

Rev 3:5: He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Blotted out............................. Geee that sounds like it leaves a mark doesn't it.

Notice everyone with the mark goes to perdition.

Ever been on a Farm on Slaughter day when the animals raised for slaughter are judge if they are to be slaughtered...........every animal goes down the shoot and before the slaughter Judge................if they are for slaughter they are marked with the Mark of slaughter.

2Pt:2:12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Hey, good to see your still standing for the same view, jtf. I havnt been in this forum for a year, about.

Same to dad ernie.

Im a partial preterist, and dont anymore, put any prophecy into a coming seven year week. Came to this view after i stopped and rethought the whole left behind tehology, and actually read my own bible. What a load of nonsence that antichrist centered eschatology is, in my humble opinion. I found that its better to see what Gods plans are for the world and belive in them instead. Satans plans wont succeed anyway....

Think that we have come to the place now that christians actaully teach on "how to prepare for not taking the mark of the beast". It's discusting!

:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

`Raine

resilient
Sep 25, 2004
NC
✟571.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I believe in twofold preparation, both spiritual and physical. The first part of this is, of course, being saved, studying scripture, and trying to live my life in line with God's will. The Bible says that those who follow God will be sealed in that day, and that will offer some protection. Also, I will be pleasantly suprised if there is a pre-trib rapture, then Iwon't have to deal with the question at all. :)
[/font]

On the physical side, I wonder if the prophecies are not a warning, of sorts, to prepare ourselves on the material and physical level, as well as the spiritual. As far as that goes, I'm pretty involved in the survivalist/militia movement (no, I'm not some gun grazed not - not that much of one, anyway), and I try to learn and live by self-sufficiency and homesteading. My husband and I have food rations, medical supplies, etc stocked, and know a fair amount about how to live "outside of the system". I am also saving up to buy land and build an "of grid" (solar/alternative power) home on several acres in the mountains, which will be a bit more of a refuge than the cities will. I know that no amount of preparation can replace faith and the provision of God, but I also believe in taking heed to his warnings and preparing for the things which he tells us are to come.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Raine28655 said:
[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica][/font]
On the physical side, I wonder if the prophecies are not a warning, of sorts, to prepare ourselves on the material and physical level, as well as the spiritual. As far as that goes, I'm pretty involved in the survivalist/militia movement (no, I'm not some gun grazed not - not that much of one, anyway), and I try to learn and live by self-sufficiency and homesteading. My husband and I have food rations, medical supplies, etc stocked, and know a fair amount about how to live "outside of the system". I am also saving up to buy land and build an "of grid" (solar/alternative power) home on several acres in the mountains, which will be a bit more of a refuge than the cities will. I know that no amount of preparation can replace faith and the provision of God, but I also believe in taking heed to his warnings and preparing for the things which he tells us are to come.

Do you listen to Shepherds Chapel? They talk of owning precious metals silver etc..

'cos cash will become a problem....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ Of course, the questions that people seem to ignore is who gives the power for the Anti Christ to make war against the saints? Who gives the power to anti-Christ to try to control the world? Who gives the power for the Beast have everyone take the mark? The fact is that those powers come from the Devil who is already defeated. Just because a certain law is passed, or that someone tries to impose a dictorial system on the world, does not mean that it will happen. It means that the powers that be decided to do something a certain way.
~ I am NOT trying to say that the mark of the beast will never happen. I am saying that the mark is not a guaranteed 'success' on the part of the powers of darkness.
~ Continue to discuss amongst youselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

Middle age is when you have stopped growing at both ends and have begun to grow in the middle.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The success of the mark and the buy and selling in its absolute will only be for one hour. Then it collapses because of its costliness...I love it. I call that just desserts.

Revelation 17:12
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Revelation 18:17
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

Revelation 18:19
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Upvote 0

`Raine

resilient
Sep 25, 2004
NC
✟571.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Atkin said:
Do you listen to Shepherds Chapel? They talk of owning precious metals silver etc..

'cos cash will become a problem....
No, I've never listened to Shepard's chapel, but will look them up.

I've heard a lot of people advocate gold/silver, etc, but I am more reliant on learning skills, because I think barter goods and services will be just as valuable (extra food, sewing, leather/metal work, etc are areas I'm working on, as well as gunsmithing and medical skills). Silver/gold aren't really easy to "use" for anything other than just another trade good, so I don't know how much real demand there would be for them in a survival type situation, which is what I see the world becoming in those times.

Upvote 0

Christler

Abiding With The Sword
Aug 9, 2004
Detroit, Michigan
✟15,315.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'll cast my vote for Pre- tribulation. I am amazed at the understanding of the saints of God. When I talk about the tribulation, I speak from a point of view as one who shall not be here. We are not appionted unto wrath. Before the seven year tribulation the dead in christ shall rise first, then we that remain shall be caught up in the air to meet Christ. Then the opening of the seven seals. there will be a three and a half year peace treaty with the anti-christ. Afterwards he shall show his true colors, those who will left behind will have to pay for their salvation with their lives. (remember the souls under the alter that were killed for their testamonies, that asked the lord how long shall he not avenge, and The lord told them to rest a little until the rest of their brothern should be killed as they are). The rapture distinguishes the church from the tribulation saints. two separate sets of believers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.