Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't know where you are, or if there are any completely Spanish-speaking parishes, but I imagine there are parishes in the SW that offer at least occasional services in Spanish. I know the Cathedral (St Seraphim) here in Dallas at least used to have Spanish services, but I don't know it they do now. There is a parish (St George) in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas that is in a Spanish speaking area, and the Priest himself is Hispanic.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am given to understand that there is (or was) a Spanish speaking mission of the ROCOR in Miami. I am sure there are some that have Spanish DL in other parts of Florida or Texas, or places with large Hispanic communities, but they are likely part of a parish that has English (or other) services mainly or a small mission.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly the best way to find out is probably to call the diocese:
OCA Dioceses of the South: Office: 214-522-4149

Also, this website and email might be helpful:
http://www.orthodoxhouston.org/
frjohnwhiteford@gmail.com

I am not Orthodox, but that looks like a decent resource for Houston.

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Curious more than anything, I am of hispanic origin and my mother not being an english speaker would be nice to have her visit a church if I were to convert.

I know just who you should ask: Fr. Antonio Perdomo. He is the host of the Spanish-language program on Ancient Faith Radio. Every day on the homepage of Ancient Faith Radio (ancientfaith.com), he publishes his daily devotional titled "Glorificando a Dios Diariamente." It is there on the homepage, under the heading "Daily Bread." Go there and listen to an episode. If you like it/Fr. Antonio, go to the right side of the page where you played the episode and click on "Send Feedback." This will give you the opportunity to send an e-mail DIRECTLY TO Fr. Antonio. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well! That’s an easy one! Count the little black knots on the prayer rope. Are there 33? There are usually 33, one for each year Christ lived on earth. Start with the first knot and say “Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.” Then move your fingernail to Knot #2 and repeat the same prayer. Do this a total of 33 times, once for each knot. That’s it!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayer Rope!

How does one pray this. Youtube keeps telling me how to make them instead.

Again thank you all.

just make sure you talk to your priest before starting a prayer rule with this

• Agree
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Curious more than anything, I am of hispanic origin and my mother not being an english speaker would be nice to have her visit a church if I were to convert.

Guess what, I learned about another Spanish-speaking Orthodox priest. His name is Fr. Michael Marcantoni and he pastors the Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit in Rochester, NY. He is from Puerto Rico, his wife is from Peru.

Upvote 0