alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Alex.

I never heard about seventh day Baptists, all Baptist I know so far worship only on Sundays.

But I also visit before Sunday Seventh Day Adventists church on the Sabbath Days, because I believe that worship and service of GOD can be conducted not only on Sundays but on the Sabbath Days as well.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, Jm, the early Seventh-day Adventists, who at the time were still Millerites, picked up the doctrine from a Seventh-day Baptist, Rachel Oakes Preston. The Seventh-day Baptists had already been around 200 years at the time.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where are some numbers of the 7-day Adventist churches around my area.

One located in MT. Holy, NJ, another in Deptford NJ, called Laurelwood church, next church in Woodbury NJ, and the last one located somewhere in Clementon NJ.

Personally I do not like the way they worship and particularly their doctrines, but because no one around my area worships on Sabbath, I have to attend once in a while their service.

But on Sunday I go to the Baptist church which give me some up lift to my soul.

So Alexonofedward, where are you? Are you going to comment on our responses?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not where I live.
I know about seventh day adventists though because one time we were having a sausage sizzle on sunday and this guy didnt want a bacon sandwhich. And he kept going on about how it was unclean...but if he didnt want one, he didnt have to say.
Another time some veges were stolen from our community garden and it turned out it was the seventh day adventists, so we told them those veges are for people that work in this garden, and we hold working bees on saturday you welcome to come help out, but they said no, their church doesnt believe in lifting a finger on saturdays cos its the sabbath.

Unbelievable.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Goodbook

I giggle a little bit when I read your post how Adventist steal some of your vegies. Yes, some of them are vegetarians, according to the teaching of E. White and some other “prophets.”

But some of them also eat meat. Every last Sabbath they have lunch in church cafeteria and some of their foods containing meat.

Also I know some of them who pretending to be a vegetarian, but at home they eat meat like “no tomorrow.”

But on the other hand then it comes to observe Sabbath, indeed, they do observing it, and they try to do no work on this Day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There has not been a Seventh-Day Baptist here in a few years.

Yes, there is such a thing and yes, they used to come here frequently.

Seventh-Day Baptists do share the same belief as Seventh-Day Adventists when it comes to Saturday worship and condemn (at least from my debates with them here) Baptists for our stance on Sunday worship.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do they believe about eternal security?

Their believe about eternal security a little bit twisted. Just recently one of their pastors who serve three different Adventist churches came to one of those churches located in Woodbury and he gave a sermon on two of their doctrinal but not Biblical subjects, about spirit and death.

About spirit he said that we humans do not have one but it something else, about which he did not give any clear explanation. He even compared Adventists to the atheist saying that both groups do not believe in spirits.

After this he preached on another doctrinal subject concerning death. Adventists, I cannot say for all, but those whom I know, the 7-Day Adventists, strongly believe that after physical death people go sleep and not really dead.

They based this nonsense on the Scriptures of the Bible where it figuratively said that the dead sleep, many of such verses located in Psalms, in Ecclesiastes, some in the prophet, and some in few places of the New Testament.

When I tried to convince some of them by presenting other places of the Bible where it said that the souls of the dead always return immediately to GOD Who gave them, Adventist refused to take those verses to account and dismiss any logical explanation that proves them wrong.

They took the figure of speech “sleep” about death literally, and would not listen to a different point of view.

Actually this two Adventist’s theories are written in the footnote on the last pages of their KJV Bibles in the church. I do not know who come up with this bended no sense theories, and so do they, but they strongly believe that after death they will sleep (as Bible mentioned) until Jesus Christ will come and wake them up, and so I wished them GOOD LONG SLEEP, if they ever will wake up from it.

They also have other delusional doctrines and theories some of which sound really psycho and they completely indoctrinated in them putting aside any common sense.

At first I considered them as one of the Christian denominations, but when I started knowing them better, I consider them now as a sectarian group, as a sect of indoctrinated in their own fantasies people.

I no longer go to their churches and considered it a waste of time, but ones a week I go to one of the churches in Woodbury to visit a person with whom I have friendship, but I avoid talking to him about their doctrines because he usually get agitated and would not accept any other point of view but only their own.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
alex2165,
re: "...I tried to convince some of them by presenting other places of the Bible where it said that the souls of the dead always return immediately to GOD Who gave them,"

I'm not aware of any scripture (in the KJV at least) that says that. What do you have in mind?
I think the reference is to Ecclesiastes 12:7

Upvote 0