cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:
I'm new to CF and a scrapbooker (rubber stamper too and I posted on that thread). Would love to get involved with this group.

I just finished a small board book, that has the word 'FRIEND' cutout on the first page for my 13 dd. She took photos of her and her BFs, so I secretly made wallet sized copies and created this Friend Board Book for her for Christmas. Hope she'll like it.

I'm trying to get two scapbook pages done for both of my (divorced) parents. The page is dedicated to my niece, their granddaughter, who passed away suddenly last March. She was 6-1/2.

Other than making my Christmas cards, I am a very good collector of the neatest scrapbooking and rubber stamping supplies and magazines, but struggle getting my keester into my stamp room to make anything! :D

Hope to hear from you soon!

So sorry to hear about your niece! that is terrible! My grandmother (86yrs old) passed in March also. I did a memorial page for the funeral. I will have to post it again for you to see.
I like the board book idea. I might do that for my boys when they are a bit older. I was also thinking of doing a book for their grandparents (my mom and MIL). My dad passed away 5 yrs ago, so my boys never met him...but i plan to scrap his life for them so they can "know" him that way!

So many ideas......so little time!!

Welcome to the thread! :hug:

Upvote 0

prov31mom

Dec 21, 2007
at home
✟9,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So sorry to hear about your niece! that is terrible! My grandmother (86yrs old) passed in March also. I did a memorial page for the funeral. I will have to post it again for you to see.
I like the board book idea. I might do that for my boys when they are a bit older. I was also thinking of doing a book for their grandparents (my mom and MIL). My dad passed away 5 yrs ago, so my boys never met him...but i plan to scrap his life for them so they can "know" him that way!

So many ideas......so little time!!

Welcome to the thread! :hug:

Thank you. I'm sorry for the passing of your grandmother (all my grandparent's are gone). It's been difficult, more for my niece's parents (my brother and his wife) and my mom than for me trying to deal with her passing. She has quite a life story for someone so young. She touched so many lives in her short time here on earth. My mom is building a web site dedicated to her and the sanctity of life (my brother was encouraged to abort her). When my brother says it's okay, I will share the link to this site.

Yes, so many ideas and photographs to scrappbook or do something with! Then there's the expense of doing all those neat things, because of course I don't have what's needed to make that cool page! Darn those trends!;)

Prov31mom

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I'm sorry for the passing of your grandmother (all my grandparent's are gone). It's been difficult, more for my niece's parents (my brother and his wife) and my mom than for me trying to deal with her passing. She has quite a life story for someone so young. She touched so many lives in her short time here on earth. My mom is building a web site dedicated to her and the sanctity of life (my brother was encouraged to abort her). When my brother says it's okay, I will share the link to this site.

Yes, so many ideas and photographs to scrappbook or do something with! Then there's the expense of doing all those neat things, because of course I don't have what's needed to make that cool page! Darn those trends!;)

Prov31mom

Thank you...I would look forward to your sharing the link. God only knows why that little girl was here on earth for such a short period of time!

And yes! Those trends! I myself just use what i have for now...my DH bought me a Cricut machine for my birthday in September. I love it! But unfortunately, i only have had the chance to use it about 3-4 times.

Upvote 0

prov31mom

Dec 21, 2007
at home
✟9,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you...I would look forward to your sharing the link. God only knows why that little girl was here on earth for such a short period of time!

And yes! Those trends! I myself just use what i have for now...my DH bought me a Cricut machine for my birthday in September. I love it! But unfortunately, i only have had the chance to use it about 3-4 times.

SAME HERE!!! I got one for Christmas last year but haven't been able to use it much. I would love to download the just released computer program to use the Cricut with the computer but it's too pricey for me right now. Doubt the price will ever go down, so I'll have to save for it.

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SAME HERE!!! I got one for Christmas last year but haven't been able to use it much. I would love to download the just released computer program to use the Cricut with the computer but it's too pricey for me right now. Doubt the price will ever go down, so I'll have to save for it.

I don't know about that....I think the price will decrease a bit over the next yr or 2. Trouble is, when it does go down, there will be another pricier one to take it's place! :doh:

Upvote 0

prov31mom

Dec 21, 2007
at home
✟9,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about that....I think the price will decrease a bit over the next yr or 2. Trouble is, when it does go down, there will be another pricier one to take it's place! :doh:

Yes, just like the new Expression (larger Cricut) did. I just downloaded the trial version which you can use with only the original cartridge that came with the machine. I think I can live with that - plus to see if the $90 price tag is worth it to purcahse. ;)

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is a good thing to do...try it first.

I used the cricut machine at a crop my church had last spring....i was hooked!

The cartridges are high priced also....$80-90 a pop.
I wait for them to go on sale. Sometimes the local AC Moore will have a 2 for 1 deal.

Reactions: prov31mom
Upvote 0

prov31mom

Dec 21, 2007
at home
✟9,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
that is a good thing to do...try it first.

I used the cricut machine at a crop my church had last spring....i was hooked!

The cartridges are high priced also....$80-90 a pop.
I wait for them to go on sale. Sometimes the local AC Moore will have a 2 for 1 deal.

Yes, they are so pricey!! Best price is found at Walmart at $60; our local Hobby Lobby had to lower theirs from $90 to $60 to price match Walmart and stay competitive. Ebay goes too high. But Walmart's selection is very limited and Hobby Lobby WON'T accept their own 40% off coupons on any Cricut merchandise.

I was reading the forums on Cricut's website and a few people have purchased the Design Studio software on Ebay for $60, compared to the $90 offered on Cricut's website.

We're basically snowed in today, so I should hook my Cricut up and try it.

Upvote 0

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they are so pricey!! Best price is found at Walmart at $60; our local Hobby Lobby had to lower theirs from $90 to $60 to price match Walmart and stay competitive. Ebay goes too high. But Walmart's selection is very limited and Hobby Lobby WON'T accept their own 40% off coupons on any Cricut merchandise.

I was reading the forums on Cricut's website and a few people have purchased the Design Studio software on Ebay for $60, compared to the $90 offered on Cricut's website.

We're basically snowed in today, so I should hook my Cricut up and try it.
sounds like a plan!
I unfortunately have too much to do...which means i should get off of this computer!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marezee

cheeriokeeper
Apr 5, 2007
✟34,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying...no one seems to have the time.

I do know this one person who stamps...
she is going to host a "girl's night out" several times during the new year...to learn a new technique!
It will only cost $7! and a demonstrator from "Stamp It Up!" will be there.

I'm looking forward to that!

Upvote 0