✟10,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there!

I recently discovered Baptist Pastor Peter Ruckman and watching him draw during his sermons helps me to understand theology like no other method. I know he recently passed away and wanted to know if anyone knew of any other pastors who draw pictures while they preach as well?

Also I love how Ruckman was a humble straight-shooter who put on no airs and wasn't afraid to say something that was critical of the culture around us within and without the church. Anyone know of any other preachers like that as well?

Thanks,
Proverbs 3:5

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Proverbs3five, another pastor who is famous for using a chalkboard during his lectures (and sometimes sermons too) is Dr. R. C. Sproul (though he is Reformed Presbyterian, not Baptist, just FYI).

If you are interested, he can be found in a few places online, here: www.renewingyourmind.org, here: www.ligonier.org, and if you are an Amazon Prime member, go to Prime Videos and search the word "Sproul" (and you will find a number of his HD video series there for free for Prime members).

There are a number of Baptists who are Ligonier "teaching fellows", like Al Mohler, whose lectures are also available at Ligonier.org and RenewingYourMind.org (though it is Dr. Sproul who is famous for using a chalkboard to teach .. BTW, lectures are available in audio or video formats, or in both, depending on the sermon/lecture, though everything at Amazon is a video, of course).

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hi there!

I recently discovered Baptist Pastor Peter Ruckman and watching him draw during his sermons helps me to understand theology like no other method. I know he recently passed away and wanted to know if anyone knew of any other pastors who draw pictures while they preach as well?

Also I love how Ruckman was a humble straight-shooter who put on no airs and wasn't afraid to say something that was critical of the culture around us within and without the church. Anyone know of any other preachers like that as well?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: TuxAme
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome @Proverbs3five :)

I have a question for you (or anyone else who'd like to chime in). I've heard of Pastor Peter Ruckman before, but I didn't know anything about him. So I just looked him up online and found some fairly disparaging things being said about what he taught and believed. I never like to jump to conclusions however, especially out here in the world of online Christendom, so I'm interested in knowing more about him if you (or anyone else) has the "skinny" on who he is, what he taught that is controversial/why there are a blogs with titles like, "Peter Ruckman EXPOSED"/etc.

Thanks!

--David

Upvote 0

Ecclesiastian

Mar 7, 2019
Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've also read some discouraging things about him after seeing this thread. According to Wikipedia, he denied the historicity of the Septuagint and said it was a hoax, and condemned non-KJV Onlyists as part of some "Alexandrian Cult"? I don't trust Wikipedia so if they are misrepresenting him, someone please let me know.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there!

Thanks,
Robert Breaker on YouTube.

If you’re looking for hardcore, Steven Anderson isn’t bad. He’s a little too critical in my opinion, but he has some great hard preaching.

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there!

Thanks,
Oh by the way, Robert Breaker studied under Peter Ruckman. Ruckman was his Pastor, too.

Upvote 0

Proverbs3five

Mar 13, 2019
United States
✟10,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fulton Sheen used a blackboard on TV to good effect. And he was a sharp cultural critic way back in the 1950's before the culture had gone down in flames. He was Catholic, not Baptist.

Thank you for your response :)

Upvote 0

Proverbs3five

Mar 13, 2019
United States
✟10,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Robert Breaker on YouTube.

If you’re looking for hardcore, Steven Anderson isn’t bad. He’s a little too critical in my opinion, but he has some great hard preaching.

I looked up Steven Anderson and he is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Proverbs3five

Mar 13, 2019
United States
✟10,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome @Proverbs3five :)

I have a question for you (or anyone else who'd like to chime in). I've heard of Pastor Peter Ruckman before, but I didn't know anything about him. So I just looked him up online and found some fairly disparaging things being said about what he taught and believed. I never like to jump to conclusions however, especially out here in the world of online Christendom, so I'm interested in knowing more about him if you (or anyone else) has the "skinny" on who he is, what he taught that is controversial/why there are a blogs with titles like, "Peter Ruckman EXPOSED"/etc.

Thanks!

--David
I've just discovered him recently so I'm no expert but I also have happened upon some sites that that say disparaging things about him, too, but nothing so far that attacks his theology. I would say look at his sermons and see if there is anything there that is apostasy - you can't find it. It's good, solid teaching, in line with what the Bible says.

I've also learned that he believes the KJV is the only correct translation of the Bible. Idk how I feel about that. I'm learning more from NLT than any KJV has been able to teach me because I don't understand the KJV that well. So I kind of ignore his opinion on that and simply focus on the content he's teaching in his sermons.

Ruckman's the second pastor I've learned about who has a flock of people who are against him. The first pastor's whole agenda is to challenge Christians to be heroic like the first Christians who literally died for their faith (Eric Ludy). I'm starting to believe that any pastor who is worth anything will have a group of people who try to tear down their name. What I do is I test the pastor's teaching with the bible and if it matches, I listen. If it doesn't, well I run far, far away from them. But their opinions on matters that don't contradict biblical fact are of no consequence to me.

Upvote 0

Shropshire Anglican

Nov 18, 2018
Shrewsbury
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I looked up Steven Anderson and he is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you!

Don't touch Anderson. He is antisemitic and teaches a lot of heresy.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi there!

Thanks,

Ruckman is a KJV-Onlyist and that topic has caused a great deal of dissension and conflict in the past, so much that we had to ban the topic for a long time. I don't care for his name-calling.

Other Bapstist ministers:
Billy Graham (not his son)
John Piper
Chuck Swindoll
David Jeremiah
John F. McArthur
C. H. Spurgeon
John Gill

John Gill's commentaries are on BlueLetterBible.org. You can look up a scripture and then click on commentaries and see what he wrote.

Upvote 0

Proverbs3five

Mar 13, 2019
United States
✟10,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I became born-again less than a year ago but due to being raised by 2 liberal parents and being a product of public school and university I have 29 years of postmodern propaganda sifting around my head and causing cognitive dissonance with each new biblical truth I learn. That being said, I want to dismantle this propaganda as soon as possible so I can begin to accept biblical truth with ease. Thus I need a preacher that not only sheds a light on the lies that post modern propaganda really is, but utterly, unabashedly destroys it without any fear of what our larger, largely liberal, largely atheistic and hedonistic culture thinks. Anyone know of any preachers like that besides Ruckman and Anderson? If not, I will stick with those two for now <3

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums