Visit site
✟401,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I want to know any other Norwegians on this forum.

Hei, velkommen og Kristi fred til deg!

I'm Norwegian, though I haven't lived in Norway for some 20 years. Whereabout in Norway do you live? :)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,996.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I had the good pleasure to meet Bishop Torkild Masvie of the a small, confessional Synod The Lutheran Church in Norway, and have a presence in Iceland and Lapland as well. He was at our Synod Convention in Edmonton this past weekend where we received his Church into full Altar and Pulpit fellowship. They are also in fellowship with the LCMS.

Their website can be found here: lkn.no

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I want to know any other Norwegians on this forum.

In my case, almost; I am a half-Swedish American (the other half is German-American, albeit with a tiny bit of descent from some 17th century Yankee and Dixie settlers of English and Irish-Dutch ethnicity) and have spent much time in Norway, in Bergen, Stavanger, Christanstad, and Trondheim, where I first arrived in your country after literally traveling through Hell* on the train from Oostersund in Sweden.

*This is a name of a town on the Oostersund-Trondheim railway, which features a historic railway station, with a freight depot with a sign that reads “Gods Expedition”, which I believe is Norwegian (Bokmal rather than Nynorsk I would assume) for “Goods Shipping.” It struck me as amusing in light of the doctrine of the Harrowing of Hell.

So not quite Norwegian, but my favorite soup in the world is Norwegian seafood soup, you know, the creamy soup with scallops. It had chunks of salmon in it at a Norwegian ethnic speciality restaurant in Oslo where I had it followed by reindeer steak with wild mushrooms. My Swedish relatives were mistrustful of Norwegian food, but I can’t get enough of it. I wish I had a lefse right now. To the extent I am considering taking a flour tortilla and cooking it with lemon butter and sugar, which would be a pale imitation of the delicious Norwegian snack. Also I love the tubes of salmon caviar. Although once I had a bad experience when I reached for the caviar and unwittingly picked up toothpaste…

Once, travelling from Stavanger to Christianstad, the regular regional train was out of service, so we had to travel through the mountains on an unairconditioned suburban train, in the summer, so with windows open, and as you may know, that line has a massive number of tunnels, so that’s the only time in my life I came close to being trainsick (not nauseated, just a little queasy and uncomfortable), but two things mitigated this and preserved my high opinion of NSB: the conductor was this gorgeous blonde woman, extremely friendly and considerate, who served us complimentary snacks, and at one point where we had to pull onto a siding to allow a train to pass in the opposite direction (probably because we were delayed, and if Norwegian railways work like American railroads, trains which are late lose priority in scheduling, which is why our Amtrak passenger trains sometimes get so spectacularly late, as delays can “stack up.”), she and the engineer (or driver, as the British call them, or Motorman, as US railroaders traditionally call anyone driving an electric train or a tram / streetcar) opened the doors on the safe side of the train, letting us stretch our legs in the fragrant evergreen forest, which is the best smelling place I have encountered on this Earth.

I also was raised in the LCMS and attended a Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod parochial school. I am not at present Lutheran, but I might just as well be considering that I agree with @MarkRohfrietsch and @ViaCrucis on pretty much everything.

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel9v9
Upvote 0

Laestadian05

May 24, 2022
Vadsø
✟12,438.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hei, velkommen og Kristi fred til deg!

I'm Norwegian, though I haven't lived in Norway for some 20 years. Whereabout in Norway do you live? :)

very late to reply but i’m from Vadsø finnmark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums