d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does your church have any traditions? The church I use to attend had one that I like very much. During the announcements the youth pastor would always say "God is good" and the congregation would respond "All the time" then pastor would say "And all the time" inciting the congregation to reciprocate "God is good"

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) I used to go to a church that would recite the Nicene creed. The church I am going to now sings a hymn to military members at the end. I like small traditions like that as long as the entire service's focus is not that.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
daveleau said:
:) I used to go to a church that would recite the Nicene creed. The church I am going to now sings a hymn to military members at the end. I like small traditions like that as long as the entire service's focus is not that.
same here. What Hymn?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't go to church but a Fundamentalist Baptist church that I used to attend had a tradition of having Communion every Sunday. Usually it was on Sunday morning but if we ran out of time, we'd have it Sunday evening. This worked well because some people had to work on Sunday morning but could come on Sunday evening so they would get the chance to have Communion occasionally.

Upvote 0

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's becoming a tradition in our church, although I wish it wasn't. After our Sunday night gathering, the praise team, which I am on, is asked to sing "Days of Elijah" as the congregation is leaving.

Talk about overkill. Please.....................help.....................me:)

Upvote 0

d0c markus

Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sword-In-Hand said:
I guess it's becoming a tradition in our church, although I wish it wasn't. After our Sunday night gathering, the praise team, which I am on, is asked to sing "Days of Elijah" as the congregation is leaving.

Talk about overkill. Please.....................help.....................me:)
i loathe that song. I have always heard that it was overplayed in pentecostal circles, this is a first i've heard for the baptists :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.