Any idea why we don't have such miracles today?

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wish I had a resurrected, glorified saint sitting next to me during Sunday school today. The kids sat looking transfixed at me while I was discussing the sacrament of baptism. I went really DEEP into it. They were either utterly fascinated, or contemplating suicide. Still not sure LOL

you did. we join the heavens at Liturgy. St Joseph is invisibily present at your Church and mine. technically, because it's the same Christ in your chalice and mine as well, you and I (and everyone here) stand invisibly present with each other too.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
you did. we join the heavens at Liturgy. St Joseph is invisibily present at your Church and mine. technically, because it's the same Christ in your chalice and mine as well, you and I (and everyone here) stand invisibly present with each other too.
Glory to God!

I wish I had a resurrected, glorified saint sitting next to me during Sunday school today. The kids sat looking transfixed at me while I was discussing the sacrament of baptism. I went really DEEP into it. They were either utterly fascinated, or contemplating suicide. Still not sure LOL

I could have used help like that yesterday too. I allowed the class to progress as it did, but I can't do it again.

My self-professed atheist student is, I think, alienating herself from the others. At the start of class they were all engaging. Then they all got quiet. Then she started asking questions. Then I couldn't re-engage the others. They closed themselves off from the conversation. It was about regular topics any Christian could discuss, not about "being atheist" (at least on my end, she slipped it in a few times). So. :( For her own sake, and for theirs, I shouldn't let that happen during class again. I checked with most of the others after class, and they were "ok" but not wanting to discuss. The bad thing is, I think I'm engaging really well with her. She stayed late last week to talk to me. I think I'm going to offer to hold her discussions until after class if she wants to stay and talk, and see how that goes. But I coulda used a wise St. Somebody yesterday ...

Upvote 0