Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Los said:
A lot of people here seem to think they're players or something... Living the pimping lifestyle I guess. :scratch:

Amen! It's so sad. Men around here seem to think women are like Doritos....you know....can't have just ONE. I know that not ALL of them are like that. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've met are. And what's up with the lack of hygiene?

btw....Happy Belated Birthday! :)

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
Amen! It's so sad. Men around here seem to think women are like Doritos....you know....can't have just ONE. I know that not ALL of them are like that. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've met are. And what's up with the lack of hygiene?

btw....Happy Belated Birthday! :)
lol hey!!! I have lived in Indiana my whole life.. and the people I am around are all clean, good people. There are a lot of people who are not like you describe. I actually like Indiana. There are people like that in every state... as we were mentioning WV.. WV is about a thousand times worse than Indiana.

Upvote 0

SeanSteele

Jun 6, 2006
Palacios, TX
✟9,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
HoosierCanuck said:

What part of Indiana are you from? I live in the northwest. We take showers and don't treat women like Doritos. I have to say, I've been to over half the states and Indiana seems better than most. That's why I moved here.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
DaGwydo said:
What part of Indiana are you from? I live in the northwest. We take showers and don't treat women like Doritos. I have to say, I've been to over half the states and Indiana seems better than most. That's why I moved here.

I can agree with you there...the northwest is nice (maybe because it's so close to Michigan! lol) . My mum lived in Valparaiso for about 10 years. I loved going up there to visit her. Unfortunately, my (former) stepdad got job in Marion and they moved back here. I live in Marion....low life capitol of the state in my opinion. I don't know why this town is so horrible. It's like nobody really cares and nobody has been taught manners or anything. The hygiene comment was based on what I see daily in my 'hometown.' I hate to say it but it's a real freakshow. It's really sad.

I know there are a lot of nicer areas of the state. As I mentioned already, I like the northwest. I like Fort Wayne and some of the northeast too. There are other decent areas in between with bad ones sprinkled in. I guess maybe because I know so much about the 'inner workings' of Marion, it makes me ill to live here.

I would prefer Muncie or Kokomo as far as 'this part of the state' is concerned. I like shopping in those cities. People in those towns seem mostly nicer too. Marionites are snobs....and for no reason! :mad:

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
livin4christ9203 said:
lol hey!!! I have lived in Indiana my whole life.. and the people I am around are all clean, good people. There are a lot of people who are not like you describe. I actually like Indiana. There are people like that in every state... as we were mentioning WV.. WV is about a thousand times worse than Indiana.

I know some clean, good people too.....

Marion is the place where hygiene is an issue. I like some things about Indiana.....just not Marion. Everyone who is single in this town is single for a reason, if you know what I mean..... If I have to live here the rest of my life, I would be better off joining a convent. :eek:

Upvote 0

SeanSteele

Jun 6, 2006
Palacios, TX
✟9,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
HoosierCanuck said:
My mum lived in Valparaiso for about 10 years. I loved going up there to visit her.

That's too funny, I live in Valpo. The only problem I noticed here was that it takes a while to get to know people. I lived in Las Vegas before moving here, and people there seem to get to know each other much quicker. Probably because it was so transient there.

Well, you've got me wondering. I kind of want to check out Marion now, just out of curiosity. Just warn me if it's going to be like Children of the Corn or something. Don't want me and the wife to come up missing.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Bolt.gif
    Bolt.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

RufustheRed

Disabled Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
✟10,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was born and raised in Maine. However, after a twenty-one year career in the army, my wife (a Hoosier) and I moved to Goshen to go to college. I was only going to stay here for the years that it took to finish my education. Well, I finished in 1993 and I'm still here! We finished raising our family of four here in Goshen and it is a nice town to do that in. Well, it was. Recently we've been have problems with imported gangs. Two fatal shootings in two years. One was about 1/2 mile from our house!

To make a very long story short, The children are all raised now and all but one still live in the area - with their children - our beautiful grandchildren. The ONLY way I am ever move back to Maine now is to move four children, ten grandchild and my wife, simultaneously. Of course the other option is to become single again and go it alone ;). Believe me, THAT was mention, also.

So here I sit, retired, disabled and stuck in "Hoosierville" and thinking it could be a whole lot worse, a whole lot. For that I am thankful.

Mac

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Welcome to Hoosierville, Mac. I visit Goshen about 4 times a year through my job. I don't blame you for longing for Maine. lol Actually, I've never been to Maine but I can only imagine how beautiful it is since I love lighthouses and things of that nature. :)

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DaGwydo said:
I have to agree with this! I believe it is actually a pretty good state compared to most. I've visited quite a few as well. Most people want to get away from the state they live in.. I"m always happy get back home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
I can agree with you there...the northwest is nice (maybe because it's so close to Michigan! lol) . My mum lived in Valparaiso for about 10 years. I loved going up there to visit her. Unfortunately, my (former) stepdad got job in Marion and they moved back here. I live in Marion....low life capitol of the state in my opinion. I don't know why this town is so horrible. It's like nobody really cares and nobody has been taught manners or anything. The hygiene comment was based on what I see daily in my 'hometown.' I hate to say it but it's a real freakshow. It's really sad.

I know there are a lot of nicer areas of the state. As I mentioned already, I like the northwest. I like Fort Wayne and some of the northeast too. There are other decent areas in between with bad ones sprinkled in. I guess maybe because I know so much about the 'inner workings' of Marion, it makes me ill to live here.

I would prefer Muncie or Kokomo as far as 'this part of the state' is concerned. I like shopping in those cities. People in those towns seem mostly nicer too. Marionites are snobs....and for no reason! :mad:
I'm not in the northwest part.. I"m in the east central part and I think it's a pretty good area.

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
McGregor said:
I was born and raised in Maine. However, after a twenty-one year career in the army, my wife (a Hoosier) and I moved to Goshen to go to college. I was only going to stay here for the years that it took to finish my education. Well, I finished in 1993 and I'm still here! We finished raising our family of four here in Goshen and it is a nice town to do that in. Well, it was. Recently we've been have problems with imported gangs. Two fatal shootings in two years. One was about 1/2 mile from our house!

To make a very long story short, The children are all raised now and all but one still live in the area - with their children - our beautiful grandchildren. The ONLY way I am ever move back to Maine now is to move four children, ten grandchild and my wife, simultaneously. Of course the other option is to become single again and go it alone ;). Believe me, THAT was mention, also.

So here I sit, retired, disabled and stuck in "Hoosierville" and thinking it could be a whole lot worse, a whole lot. For that I am thankful.

Mac
Unfortunately those gang things are happening all over.. It's really sad..

Upvote 0

RufustheRed

Disabled Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
✟10,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
livin4christ9203 said:
Unfortunately those gang things are happening all over.. It's really sad..

Yeah. It sure is. I'm afraid that I just don't understand. Perhaps I'm just an old geezer who believe in living as peacefully as possible within my community. It appears, from the sounds of their names, that we have imported the gangs from the Latino community. I wish we could find out what grievences they have so that the issues could be addressed and they won't be killing their own brothers (that's what happened here) and cousins.

Are gangs ALWAYS an ethnic thing? The Irish in 19th century New York. The Italian in 1920s Chicago, etc.

Mac

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. It sure is. I'm afraid that I just don't understand. Perhaps I'm just an old geezer who believe in living as peacefully as possible within my community. It appears, from the sounds of their names, that we have imported the gangs from the Latino community. I wish we could find out what grievences they have so that the issues could be addressed and they won't be killing their own brothers (that's what happened here) and cousins.

Are gangs ALWAYS an ethnic thing? The Irish in 19th century New York. The Italian in 1920s Chicago, etc.

Mac
I dont know, I'd love to find a place where I could live peacefully, leave my doors unlocked. My grandmother always use to leave t heir doors open while they slept at night.. You can't even th ink of doing that now. It's sad how times have changed.

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dunno about the lack of hygene but certainly yellow teeth can be attributed to smoking. I think the education system here is lacking as well... I mean there are some really ... unintelligent people here.
people smoke all over.. not just Indiana.. I don't smoke.. and no one in my family does.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the education system here is lacking as well... I mean there are some really ... unintelligent people here.

Amen! Time magazine did a feature on high school dropouts awhile back and it featured a dropout from Shelbyville on the cover. Marion High School was a joke. I was a motivated student until I went there. Then it was....if you weren't from a rich family or an athlete, then the teachers wanted absolutely nothing to do with you. I hear from coworkers with kids in school that it's still the same today. My guidance counselour was a waste of human flesh. It's like this whole county is in a rut and there are only a handful of people who pretend to care...and they stick to their clique and hang out together at the country club. The do 'community favours' whenever they need to see their picture in the local paper. It's sickening.

Upvote 0