✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
lol I made my username up because 'my body is in Indiana but my heart/soul belong to Canada.' I didn't live there but have visited many times to Ontario and once to British Columbia. I fell totally in love with BC. Another thing....I am a huge hockey fan and that just doesn't work in Indiana. lol

Yeah, I was in Lafayette earlier today as part of my job. I totally understand what you're saying! hehe It's not much better than Marion from what I've seen. I'd probably rather go to Purdue than Indiana Wesleyan though. lol

There's only a couple of places in Indiana that I like...Indiana Dunes/Valparaiso area and I love Clifty Falls State Park in Madison (on the KY border). The rest of the state seems overrun by redneck wannabes. :eek: git-er-dun!!! hehe

Alright, your name makes sense now, I've wondered for a long time about it. I like hockey too and your right, it doesn't really work in Indiana.

Yeah, I think what scares me the most about people here is their driving, never go as soon as the light changes it's almost guaranteed that 5 to 6 cars will be going through that light. I agree, Purdue is better than Indiana Wesleyan, well I guess I might be a little biased though:p . There are about 10 people from my church back home that go there, it seems they either go there or Grace College in the big town of Winona Lake, only two came to Purdue, me and a friend of mine.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hear that on the driving! lol The roads in Lafayette are HORRIBLE!!! SR 26/52 are atrocious for craters! I got behind all the slow pokes today and I was already in a bad mood so it didn't help matters. oops!

Who's your favourite hockey team? Mine is Vancouver. Are you familiar with Mike Emrick who is on the OLN and sometimes ESPN doing hockey play by play? He is originally from Indiana too. He used to work for the radio station I work for way back in the day before he moved on to bigger and better things. I met him last summer when he was in town visiting his brother. I was in awe! lol I just kept thinking "you know (insert Canuck player name here)." hehe

Upvote 0

Manda_24

Saved by Grace
Jan 2, 2004
Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
I hear that on the driving! lol The roads in Lafayette are HORRIBLE!!! SR 26/52 are atrocious for craters! I got behind all the slow pokes today and I was already in a bad mood so it didn't help matters. oops!

Who's your favourite hockey team? Mine is Vancouver. Are you familiar with Mike Emrick who is on the OLN and sometimes ESPN doing hockey play by play? He is originally from Indiana too. He used to work for the radio station I work for way back in the day before he moved on to bigger and better things. I met him last summer when he was in town visiting his brother. I was in awe! lol I just kept thinking "you know (insert Canuck player name here)." hehe

Oh yeah, the intersection of 26 and 52 is one of the worst intersections that I have ever seen, it's amazing counting the cars going through the light when you should be going. And your right, the roads a pretty bad in a lot of areas. I always get stuck behind the slow drivers too, or at least the ones going too slow for me, they are probably doing the speed limit but it's always when I'm running late. Another thing around here is it's hard to see a lot of the stop lights as you are headed toward West Lafayette on 26, they really need to trim some trees.

To be honest I like hockey but I don't really follow any teams too much anymore, I really like playing though when I get the chance with some friends. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to do it since high school. I followed the Toronto Maple Leafs for a while, my mom is from Toronto so that was pretty much my reason growing up for liking them. So since I don't follow it anymore I don't know who Mike Emrick is.

Haha, I think I need to start watching hockey again.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
cool. I was in Muncie last weekend visiting a friend. I got on I-69 at the exit where that Blanton kid was shooting...I missed him by about 30 minutes though. I lived in Gaston when I was in middle school so I probably know of some of that guy's relatives. d'oh!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
cool. I was in Muncie last weekend visiting a friend. I got on I-69 at the exit where that Blanton kid was shooting...I missed him by about 30 minutes though. I lived in Gaston when I was in middle school so I probably know of some of that guy's relatives. d'oh!
my hubby grew up in the gaston area and did know that kids family. He says he's so glad he got out of there when he did, he isn't fond of that town.

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Los said:
I drove by Muncie twice. I'm scared of it.
Why are you scared of Muncie? It's not bad.. I live there. I lived actually in Selma (a very small suburb of muncie, if you don't already know) area most of my life, it's where i went to school.... until I got married, then we moved onto the north side of town, which is pretty decent.. All good size towns like this have their good and bad parts. And that kid who was a sniper, was from Gaston, not Muncie.. and ask my husband who grew up there.. it wasn't long ago that another kid killed someone. And my husband was telling me this story about how some guy murdered his wife behind the old elementary school.. this cop found him.. then let him go home and clean up!! Yet this cop (not a cop anymore) is still on the city board today!!!!!! How crazy is that? That is what happens in Gaston.. not Muncie! lol

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
livin4christ9203 said:
my hubby grew up in the gaston area and did know that kids family. He says he's so glad he got out of there when he did, he isn't fond of that town.

Me neither. However, I think I'd take Gaston over Marion. I actually have friends from the Gaston area (they don't live there anymore either)

Marion people are just users. Back when I was in school I actually had more chances at having a boyfriend at Wes Del (graduating class of 67!) than I did at Marion (graduating class of 520!). How sad is that??? :eek:

Marion men are gross. :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
livin4christ9203 said:
Why are you scared of Muncie? It's not bad.. I live there. I lived actually in Selma (a very small suburb of muncie, if you don't already know) area most of my life, it's where i went to school.... until I got married, then we moved onto the north side of town, which is pretty decent.. All good size towns like this have their good and bad parts. And that kid who was a sniper, was from Gaston, not Muncie.. and ask my husband who grew up there.. it wasn't long ago that another kid killed someone. And my husband was telling me this story about how some guy murdered his wife behind the old elementary school.. this cop found him.. then let him go home and clean up!! Yet this cop (not a cop anymore) is still on the city board today!!!!!! How crazy is that? That is what happens in Gaston.. not Muncie! lol

Yeah..they recently had a big story in our paper about 'Gaston's violent past'.

I'll take Muncie over Marion too. At least there is some decent shopping in Muncie. I went to Ball State too and I like being on campus....even to this day. I wish I could afford to go back to Grad school (and I wish I could figure out what to get a degree in! lol)

Upvote 0

livin4christ9203

~~CF Welcome Angel~~
May 18, 2006
Indiana
✟16,909.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
Actually...the only places I can think of that I might hate more than Marion would be Gary, Hammond, and the Middle East (Iraq, Iran, etc....). lol
lol yeah. I've been to some other states that make all of those cities look wonderful! My husbands family is from West Virginia, everyplace there is like that.. they have like 50 strip clubs in a little bitty town, where his grandfather lives. It's disgusting.

Upvote 0

Los

Sep 22, 2004
Indiana
✟8,486.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
HoosierCanuck said:
Me neither. However, I think I'd take Gaston over Marion. I actually have friends from the Gaston area (they don't live there anymore either)

Marion people are just users. Back when I was in school I actually had more chances at having a boyfriend at Wes Del (graduating class of 67!) than I did at Marion (graduating class of 520!). How sad is that??? :eek:

Marion men are gross. :sick:

A lot of people here seem to think they're players or something... Living the pimping lifestyle I guess. :scratch:

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
livin4christ9203 said:
lol yeah. I've been to some other states that make all of those cities look wonderful! My husbands family is from West Virginia, everyplace there is like that.. they have like 50 strip clubs in a little bitty town, where his grandfather lives. It's disgusting.

Wow! That's really sad. My ex college roomate was born in West VA. I had a "landlord" who was from there. She seemed a little odd. lol Some parts of Kentucky scare me too. lol

Upvote 0