Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Reading book of Daniel and became curious- is there any evidence of shadrach , mechach and abednego, fiery furnace, etc. ? Or is meant to be taken as a parable or
Something? Just looking around online im finding arguments for both sides
There’s just speculation of the implications of that being the beginning of the time of the gentiles and this being the end of the times of the gentiles. It seems certain that those events happened.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough… For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." 2 Corinthians 11:2-4, 13-15

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" Galatians 1:8-9

2 Thessalonians 2:11
Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, https://www.tms.edu/m/tmsj16d.pdf

Isaiah 66:4I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

9 Bible verses about God Deceiving

Upvote 0

Abi Salomao

Jul 7, 2020
Antioch
✟649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Reading book of Daniel and became curious- is there any evidence of shadrach , mechach and abednego, fiery furnace, etc. ? Or is meant to be taken as a parable or
Something? Just looking around online im finding arguments for both sides
Have you ever read anything of Xenophon's Cyropaedia?

Belshazzar dies the very night the Persians/Medes enter the city, see also Nabonidus Cylinder [British Museum tablet 38299], Book of Baruch [deuterocanon/apocryphal], Josephus Antiquities 10.11.2-4 §231-247 and see also the book Cyropaedia Book 7, Chapter 5, Section 7-38 [Diverting The Euphrates, Fall of Babylon and King Belshazzar], Section 59-65 [Setting Up The Eunuchs in the Palace From The Door-Keeper Up] which gives historical details of this event that was prophetically foretold - Xenophon, Cyropaedia, Book 7, chapter 5, section 7 [Daniel himself, and Hannaniah, Mishael and Azariah were made eunuchs; see Isaiah 39:7; Daniel 1:7,8,9,10,11,18].

Upvote 0