Nevada
✟7,716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just got one. Right now, I monitor a couple of repeaters in the local area.

Well, since this post is about 7 months old, I don't know if you'll get this reply since I am the only one so far....

I've hobbied in ham radio since 1974 and done most everything in the many facets of that hobby over the years including collected a whole garage of equipment and 'stuff'. In the last two years, I eliminated nearly everything except my little station on HF and a 2m mobile rig and a 2m HT. When I do get on the air, it is simply for ragchews. I do not do contests or hunt for DX stations, mostly just enjoy talking to other hams on CW. But, mostly I like using the digital modes on HF.

Don't spend much time on the local repeaters although I do listen a lot when I am in my office/hamshack. My station is fully capable of emergency power as I have a 5Kw generator on standby. Got tired of the clubs and did the ARES/RACES stuff for 20 years already.

Some day the bands will improve and we'll have more than an hour a day of marginal conditions.... My favorite band is 30m and favorite modes are CW and Olivia. :thumbsup:

Paul - N7XFT

Upvote 0