gospel

Missionary to the Masses
Nov 25, 2001
The Bible is Great!
Visit site
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
Don't let yourself be in a situation where you are tempted. Pray constantly!

Mar 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly [is] ready, but the flesh [is] weak.

1Cr 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Upvote 0

Droobie

Rebmem Raluger
Nov 22, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟20,072.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Sex is natural, sex is fun, sex is best when it's one on one... with you're marrige partner of course! Sex and sexuality is something that God created! Yes, God approves of sex! Right from the very beginning in the garden of Eden, sex has always been around, again of course in the bounds of marriage.

However, with the fall of man, and the introduction of sin, the sacredness of sex has been perverted where in this day and age, ****ography, lust, fetishes, and perversions are common in our society.

It's best not to be blind to temptation. Be aware of it. Be wary of it's power... for it is a 'powerful drug'. And don't let yourself be put in situations where you might be tempted. Don't walk around in the red light district of your city... 'just to have a look'. Don't wander around the 'exotic magazine' section of your local news-agency... 'just to see what's there'.

As a christian you should know that greater is He that is within me. The spirit of Jesus resides in you, sees through your eyes, and also knows your thoughts. But know that God , as Gospel quoted from Corinthians - God would not put you in situations where you would not be able to resist, or bear temptation.

However the choice is always yours, whether you succumb to it, or are strong and are able to walk away.

------------------
ichtys.jpg

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
amen Droobie...
i have a small stash of scriptures written at home regarding purity (i'' write them down for tommorrow, cause i don't recall them exactly right now!)
p.s. great image D
on a side note, what has been working in my life= In 1995 i was guided to commmit to a life of purity, mind and body. the process included prayer, thanksgiving and a ring! The ring itself has been a symbol for me of the purity i had arranged with the Lord, very similar i would imagine to a wedding ring for a man who travels a lot. a tangible physical reminder for the commitments made. i'd talk more about this concept if anyone's interested...
what you compromise you lose! (i.e. purity)

Upvote 0

SOS

Nov 24, 2001
Visit site
✟504.00
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherubim:
So hmm..Does that mean we can't go to strip shows, even if it's for a harmless hen's night? Yes? No?</font>

Yes, Christians should NEVER frequent sinful places like that - they are NOT harmless. Why put money into the pockets of people who take advantage of the lust of the flesh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"i have a small stash of scriptures written at home regarding purity (i'' write them down for tommorrow, cause i don't recall them exactly right now!)"
well now it's tommorrow and here are the scrips i mentioned having...
(Funny how they are all form 1st Corinth 6 & 7)
&gt;&gt;&gt;Know ye not that your bodies are the members of christ? Shall i then take the members of christ and make then the members of an harlot? GOd forbid...
&gt;&gt;&gt;FLEE FORNICATION (caps lock is me, not my bible
smile.gif
) Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committith fornication sinneth against his own body...
&gt;&gt;&gt;What? know yea not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own...
&gt;&gt;&gt;Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every amn have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband...
&gt;&gt;&gt;But if they cannot contain, let them marry: Forit is better to marry than to burn!
(i'd offer commentary, but really, here, God's word does the trick
biggrin.gif
)

Upvote 0

Angel

I am an Angel
Dec 15, 2001
Citizen of Heaven
Visit site
✟15,233.00
Faith
Protestant
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherubim:
Well say you know the person really well...The Hen...So I guess you are going for them (their hen's night)...You know because you are a friend...It's something that they have chosen to do...So it's hard to say no...Get what I mean?
</font>

I see. Mmm... If the Hen was a friend, surely she would understand if you said no.

Thanks marmalade for the verses, and everyone else. This is good!

Upvote 0
I was real bad with this stuff for a long time - a long time - and it still gets me from time to time - I like to remember the verses from Proverbs Chapter 3 about putting coal in your lap - you know you are going to get burned.

And the fact that if i even think about her that way I am committing adultery (that's in Matthew 5:28).

Upvote 0