Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My understanding of polemic/s is much the same as yours A4C

from my dictionary
polemic |pəˈlɛmɪk|

noun

a strong verbal or written attack on someone or something: his polemic against the cultural relativism of the Sixties | [ mass noun ] : a writer of feminist polemic.

• (usu. polemics) the practice of engaging in controversial debate or dispute: the history of science has become embroiled in religious polemics.

and from a thesaurus

polemic

noun

1 this is not just a polemic against injustice: diatribe, invective, denunciation, denouncement, rant, tirade, broadside, attack, harangue, verbal onslaught; condemnation, brickbats, criticism, admonishment, admonition, abuse, stream of abuse, stricture, tongue-lashing, castigation, reprimand, rebuke, reproof, reproval, upbraiding; informal knocking, blast; Brit. informal slating; rare philippic.

2 (polemics) skilled in polemics: argumentation, argument, debate, contention, dispute, disputation, discussion, controversy, altercation, faction, wrangling; formal contestation.

That was always my understanding of polemics/polemical. And not the best approach, in my book.

Though I agree that it is necessary to acknowledge any differences in order to talk about them. Fellowship can be shared, but if doctrine is being discussed, we have to be honest.

Upvote 0

MDuce

Dec 1, 2017
Osaka
✟9,525.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for folks who converted from Romanism to the Orthodox (true) faith.

I have questions.
I'm not converted (at least not yet) but I can explain you why I am interested in Orthodox and what are the bad or weak points in Latin Catholicism from my view. Of course I do not pretend have the truth but I'm looking for it.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not converted (at least not yet) but I can explain you why I am interested in Orthodox and what are the bad or weak points in Latin Catholicism from my view. Of course I do not pretend have the truth but I'm looking for it.

welcome to TAW! feel free to start up a thread here too about weak points in RC, especially if you want Orthodox answers to those points

Reactions: MDuce
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome both to Christian Forums and TAW!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, welcome to CF and to TAW! Please do feel free to start a thread.

I think the OP is carrying out his conversations via PM, and you won't be able to do that until you have 20 posts and 5 likes. Jump right in if you like though, it doesn't take long. :)

Again, welcome! We are glad to have you with us. :)

Upvote 0

MDuce

Dec 1, 2017
Osaka
✟9,525.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for you invitations. Well I would like be careful about weak points of Roman Catholilcism because I don't want be offensive and just attack it.

There are several complicated things in Roman Church but today all of those can be resummed in one: a strong tendency to the humanism which makes to lose (partialy at least) the theocentric and eschatologic view of true Christianism.

Of course as Christ is God and Man, human beings are really important. But of what kind of humankind we are talking about?

Some times the Catholic humanism is really similar to the secular view of man...

When I go to a modern Catholic mass, all seem as a warm and sweety party. But the few times I could see a Orthodox mass I saw a solemn and sacred ceremony. Or course you can smell love in a Catholic mass. But a human love, not a sacred and transcendental Love.

I don't know if it is clear, but I can't express it better now.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for folks who converted from Romanism to the Orthodox (true) faith.

I have questions.
I'm a catechumen now, coming from a RC baptism and loose cultural background.

Upvote 0