Any filipinos here that can help me with how to call american from philippines?

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I am going to get married in the philippines to my fiance in a month. The problem is me and my mother would like to call my dad in the USA and let him know how things are going. Problem is he doesn't know how to use a computer so we have no choice but to call him.

Well I tried looking at prepaid phone cards here the few that do work in the philippines only work in the Manila area. Not outside of it. Does anyone know then how we would call the USA outside of Manila? Do they make phone cards like that?

My fiance I think mentioned something about she uses a "SIM" card or something. Would her phone be able to call america? If so I imagine its expensive. I just don't know how to call home now for cheap. And my fiance doesn't really get technology alot so she doens't know either.

Salamat in advance! :thumbsup:

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Cellphones in the Philippines don't work the same way as in the US. hmmm

I think the solution is to buy your dad a phone with a "globe" sim card and turn it into "roaming" mode.(Roaming means the user of the sim card is outside of the Phil) So that you can easily contact him from phil to america. It's cheaper specially when the sim card you're using is also "Globe" .You'll be able to text or call him anytime.

Tell your fiance to buy a GLOBE SIM CARD and read the instructions there about turning the mode into ROAMING and about making international calls. Sim cards are cheap. It costs less than a dollar. ^^

Upvote 0