Any examples where a Bible character did a sin without any consequences?

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that in the Bible that some sins carry a consequences even when the person repenteded (David) but are there any sins where the person was just straight up forgiven without temporal consequences that you can think of?

I know of some examples where people did something that normally was sinful but were blameless and it considered not a sin because of the reasoning or need behind the act.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word makes it clear.. the price/ages of sin is death. See we tend to look at the NOW the MOMENT yet where God is and Satan.. there is no time. So.. sin in this world.. there is price

We confess it.. He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleans us from ALL ALL ALL unrighteousness :)

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Nothing immediately comes to mind. Regardless, even if one's sin weren't met immediately with some sort of temporal, earthly punishment, it wouldn't be an indicator that their action doesn't merit eternal punishment.

• Agree
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's not just a question of focusing on punishment. Sin damages us, period. Always. God may let consequences happen. He may protect us from them sometimes if that's better for us. But no matter what, sin damages us. If nothing else, it makes us tend more to agree with sin and makes us less like Christ. It can damage us in other ways too.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that in the Bible that some sins carry a consequences even when the person repenteded (David) but are there any sins where the person was just straight up forgiven without temporal consequences that you can think of?

There is also this woman who was forgiven without repenting:

Luk 7:37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
Luk 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Luk 7:45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luk 7:46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's several instances
where PEOPLE , (not GOD) ,

say someone sinned and God did not say so....

and whether it was sin or not, they were not punished.
Sins are not judged, until judgment day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ananias and Sapphira would like a word
I don't know their story. But scripture is chock full of people telling incorrect stories about God getting mad, being surprised, and such nonsense.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Seems obvious today there's a lot more sinners with the temporal consequences of not being able to think clearly,
not being able to hear God nor to understand His Word because of their sins,
and not just temporal, but eternal consequences for their sin today,
because of unbelief.

If they repent, if they turn to Yahweh, they may yet be saved, Yahweh Willing.

Not all repent. IN FACT few do.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Try the father of all those who believe....the friend of God....the man God counted as righteous.... Yes I am speaking of Abraham...the one was afraid(no coward enters the city Revelation says) and the one who lied about his true relationship with his wife. No punishment bro....instead God says Abe is righteous because HE BELIEVED!!!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Try the father of all those who believe....the friend of God....the man God counted as righteous.... Yes I am speaking of Abraham...the one was afraid(no coward enters the city Revelation says) and the one who lied about his true relationship with his wife. No punishment bro....instead God says Abe is righteous because HE BELIEVED!!!
Finally..... yes...... yet Yahweh did not ever say nor even suggest that Abraham sinned in those things..... people have said so, but not with Yahweh's approval.

Oh, and also, being afraid at times does not make someone, even you or me or any man, a coward.....

• Agree
Reactions: harko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Condemnation is not the same as God's judgment. You can't just mash all bad words together to mean the same thing. Sins are not judged until judgment day. That's why it is called judgment day. Hello? Do a topical study since you've not left your bed in weeks.
What Does the Bible Say About Judgment Day?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems obvious today there's a lot more sinners with the temporal consequences of not being able to think clearly,
not being able to hear God nor to understand His Word because of their sins,
and not just temporal, but eternal consequences for their sin today,
because of unbelief.

If they repent, if they turn to Yahweh, they may yet be saved, Yahweh Willing.

Not all repent. IN FACT few do.
If you don't work, you shouldn't eat. That's going to mess with you and to avoid aggravation, you're distracting yourself from your own sins by attacking others instead.

Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

Romans 14:10
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Lets clear up the coming Judgment Day with a topical study.

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.

Matthew 6:1-34
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

Romans 2:16
On that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Matthew 7:2
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Matthew 7:1
“Judge not, that you be not judged.

Revelation 22:12
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.

Romans 2:5
But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

John 5:22
The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,

John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Matthew 12:36-37
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

James 2:12-13
So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty. For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Romans 14:12
So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Acts 10:42
And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

2 Peter 3:7
But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Daniel 12:2
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

2 Timothy 4:1
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:

Upvote 0