Stephentown
✟17,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hey! Does anyone here work in the sound booth for their church or do any other technical stuff?
I have been technologically involved in our church for about 2 years. It is a small church, about 90 people each week.

I have consistently operated the sound board for the last year and a half. I am also the web developer for a friends church and our own. I just got a new camera rig so I am hoping to make some cool videos for VBS and a few other events.

My brother uses the projection/recording computer. My parents also know a little bit about it.
Its the coolest thing that the two of us can completely run the sound booth, its just us most of the time. :)

Anyways, does anyone have any fun stories or anything to share?

Last week I thought pastor was going to cough so I muted him but he didn't and kept talking... Needless to say I felt like an idiot haha, our professional sound engineer was also sitting right next to me so he gave me this funny look and a chuckle... whoops XD

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Serving Zion

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to help out more with the tech stuff at our church but they've got pros who volunteer to do it. That's something that interests me. I should ask if they'll let me help out. It's cool you do that for your church.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2017
Stephentown
✟17,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to help out more with the tech stuff at our church but they've got pros who volunteer to do it. That's something that interests me. I should ask if they'll let me help out. It's cool you do that for your church.

Yeah you should totally talk to them about it sometime. Do you understand how to use any of the equipment?

Our church has always invited the teens to work in the sound booth. We have one sound engineer who used to do it all the time, he invited my dad to do it then after that they encouraged me to do it. It took me around 2 months of training then a few more to get the hang of it.

Even if there are people running it I would highly recommend you ask to sit up there and watch.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah you should totally talk to them about it sometime. Do you understand how to use any of the equipment?

Our church has always invited the teens to work in the sound booth. We have one sound engineer who used to do it all the time, he invited my dad to do it then after that they encouraged me to do it. It took me around 2 months of training then a few more to get the hang of it.

Even if there are people running it I would highly recommend you ask to sit up there and watch.

I've never watched them use the equipment so I'm not really sure what it is. That's a good idea to ask them about it. They'd probably be happy to let me watch, learn the ropes.

Upvote 0

Hilarious

Jun 21, 2017
Canada
✟8,386.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm a church techie! For awhile I've done lyrics and camera work for the 2 Churches I've been in, but most recently I'm been in charge of video editing, sound editing and just general media management for my church. I love that I can be involved in the ministry in a field that is right up my alley! God surely has blessed me with alot of knowledge in this line of work.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a church techie! For awhile I've done lyrics and camera work for the 2 Churches I've been in, but most recently I'm been in charge of video editing, sound editing and just general media management for my church. I love that I can be involved in the ministry in a field that is right up my alley! God surely has blessed me with alot of knowledge in this line of work.

That's great. What do y'all use for the sound and music editing?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
May 16, 2017
Stephentown
✟17,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That's awesome! I have always wanted to do live video production at a church. I am trying to convince our trustees to install a live camera system :). What kind of videos do you edit?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Hilarious

Jun 21, 2017
Canada
✟8,386.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That's awesome! I have always wanted to do live video production at a church. I am trying to convince our trustees to install a live camera system :). What kind of videos do you edit?
We edit videos mostly for facebook, chopping up a sermon into 5 parts and releasing it on facebook. Also we're working on posting short and sweet highlights daily on Youtube (which can be found here if anyone is interested: Mike Welch )

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums