• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

NikoleK432

Jul 9, 2024
Allen
✟525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went through a traumatic event 2 years ago I recovered so I thought fully but it takes time I prayed & God healed me but what I struggle with now is major health anxiety due to my trauma (near death experience) & wondering if I won’t live out Gods plan when I pray for clarity he tells me not to worry & im ok but for some reason I doubt it and then I feel bad & spiral it’s my PTSD causing health anxiety and me to lack faith because I’m scared what if I start living according to Gods plan & something happens to me I don’t know how to get out of this cycle

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟445,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It takes time young lady. Stay in the word and church, fellowship and work if able. Reestablish your connection with God, the saints and love for the brethren. Just going to church will help you to put in practice forgiveness, covering of sins love. All good exercise for the heart and you will get stronger. Don’t think you have to be a star but go.

Calvary Chapels are find churches the won’t steer you wrong as so many. Harvest.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

TzipiDee

Accidental Maverick
Jul 11, 2008
Cornwall
Visit site
✟17,387.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I went through a traumatic event 2 years ago I recovered so I thought fully but it takes time I prayed & God healed me but what I struggle with now is major health anxiety due to my trauma (near death experience) & wondering if I won’t live out Gods plan when I pray for clarity he tells me not to worry & im ok but for some reason I doubt it and then I feel bad & spiral it’s my PTSD causing health anxiety and me to lack faith because I’m scared what if I start living according to Gods plan & something happens to me I don’t know how to get out of this cycle
Not all worry is immediately within our control, and with PTSD, the body and brain reacts on an unconscious level to triggers you may not even be consciously aware of. Do you have access to therapy? There are things you can do to help your mind and body back into a calm state when you recognise that your nervous system has been triggered.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I went through a traumatic event 2 years ago
I'm So very sorry!
I recovered so I thought fully but it takes time I prayed & God healed me but what I struggle with now is major health anxiety due to my trauma (near death experience)
This sounds like it was major!
& wondering if I won’t live out Gods plan when I pray for clarity he tells me not to worry & im ok
2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful [true to His word and His righteous character], for He cannot deny Himself.

He not only hears your pain and suffering, but He cries with you and suffers with you. I assure you this! He not only understands your pain, but has overwhelming Love and Compassion for you! He understands that you are currently broken on this matter and is inside of your soul, molding you to His good will and work. Brother, you are in His arms through all of this.
but for some reason I doubt it and then I feel bad & spiral it’s my PTSD causing health anxiety and me to lack faith because I’m scared
This is brave honesty! He understands this pain you are going through and will carry you through it. I now Pray that He restores your soul and gives you peace that passes understanding, according to His will and timing.
what if I start living according to Gods plan & something happens to me I don’t know how to get out of this cycle
Brother in Jesus, you are bought in full by His blood, indwelled by the very Holy Spirit of Christ and whatever pain you go through, you are living according to His plan. His plan isn't your suffering, but it has always been to comfort you through your human suffering. I feel impressed to tell you, one more time... You are in His arms through all of this!

All Love in Jesus Christ to you, my suffering Brother in Him.

• Winner
Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0