• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

anxiety, panic attacks...depersonalization

Psalms91baby

Oct 15, 2017
fort worth, texas
✟15,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
June 16, 2015, I have seen hell twice on a drug trip and been questioning my existence. But, this experience brought me to the Lord, and my life has transformed and Im living for Jesus with everything I have. After this experience, I found that I was experiencing depersonalization. It feels like I don't exist. Anxiety and stress makes it worse. It is hard sometimes to drive, eat swallow, breathe....irrational fears. I'm questioning my existence. I need to talk to someone that has gone through the same thing. I feel all alone. I pray hours a day, fast, read God's word....I'm trying to do everything I can to get breakthrough. I feel hopeless and discouraged and that I will not make it through. I am going to Christ for the Nations in Dallas and know God has a call in my life.

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
June 16, 2015, I have seen hell twice on a drug trip and been questioning my existence. But, this experience brought me to the Lord, and my life has transformed and Im living for Jesus with everything I have. After this experience, I found that I was experiencing depersonalization. It feels like I don't exist. Anxiety and stress makes it worse. It is hard sometimes to drive, eat swallow, breathe....irrational fears. I'm questioning my existence. I need to talk to someone that has gone through the same thing. I feel all alone. I pray hours a day, fast, read God's word....I'm trying to do everything I can to get breakthrough. I feel hopeless and discouraged and that I will not make it through. I am going to Christ for the Nations in Dallas and know God has a call in my life.
Praying for you brother, Yeah, it's rough what you have gone through, and it is difficult to realize what your identity is after experiencing those troubled times. Those thoughts can torment your soul and make you feel like you want to stop existing. In that moment, it's difficult to snap out of it, because one thought leads to another thought.
This might sound different, but I've noticed the things that causes me anxiety are usually things I have no control over, I've felt similar syptoms such as tightening of chest, fast heart rate, headaches, irrational thoughts, hatred of myself...but I've noticed that the only way to overcome it, is to challenge it..."Do it afraid". I can't explain it but it worked for me. Sometimes, I think it's our body's or mind's way of staying safe, but sometimes maybe due to circumstamces, the senses become off balanced, like me I was verbally abused as a kid, and there are days when the voices still echo in my head and I feel like there's a wall stopping me from doing something I want to try. But surrender these fears to God, and just free fall, let your anxiety full blast itself, defy it because you know it does not define you. Let Your love for God outweigh the doubts, let the fire burn the fears, look the enemy in the eye and say, "I'll do this afraid!", succeed or fail, it doesnt matter because each step of faith moves you forward and one day you'll look back and say, "Wow! I came this far!" <3. And take one day at a time, God is not rushing you, He wants you to know His love for you is not dependent on your performance, He is more concerned that you know who you are in Him. You've been through a lot, let God heal you completely. Know that you are here for a reason, and even when you were a sinner, He loved you. Love is the language of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I am praying for you!! God has a purpose for you!! He has a plan for your life and can use you to do amazing things! Every experience we have can be used to help others in similar situations. You can get through this with God!!

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

I have experienced depersonalization, big time! So, I understand exactly what you are going through. I experienced severe religious OCD with horrible intrusive thoughts, constant panic, severe panic attacks, I couldn't eat or sleep....to the point where I experienced depersonalization. I had an experience where I felt out of my body and then severe emotion numbing. I have felt like my limbs are not mine, like I am wrapped in cotton, like my voice is in a tunnel, like I am not myself. In fact, although I am starting to heal....I am still struggling. Some days it is worse than others. Through it all God can reach you!!! Cry out to Him in whatever state you are in. " Lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I". Our God is MIGHTY to save.

I have come to the place where I have realized that God is greater than my depersonalization. Even if I don't feel like myself, even if I'm numb, even I'm dealing with intrusive thoughts, even if I don't feel real...MY GOD, Yeshua is GREATER. My God died for me, My GOD loves me, and HE knows ME by name even when I don't know myself.

He knows YOU. He LOVES you. I don't need to know myself...when I know the ONE and only true God. My GOD will deliver me out of the pit. If God is for us who can ever stop us?

Matthew 11:28-29
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

I too, experience anxiety. I understand exactly where you are coming from. If you ever need to talk, please message me. I would love to help you in anyway I can. Keep pressing towards Christ. God can heal, there isn't a pit too deep.

You can do this. There will never be more upon us than what we can bear. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

Love your sister in Christ Jesus!!

• Friendly
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That hopelessness and feeling of discouragement is the devil trying to disrupt your way back to God's path that He's laid out for you. God bless you, you're doing everything right, so don't be deterred. Keep meditating on His word, and know that this is just temporary. PM me if you want to talk more about what you're going through, I'd be happy to try and shed some light:praying:

Upvote 0

Psalms91baby

Oct 15, 2017
fort worth, texas
✟15,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That hopelessness and feeling of discouragement is the devil trying to disrupt your way back to God's path that He's laid out for you. God bless you, you're doing everything right, so don't be deterred. Keep meditating on His word, and know that this is just temporary. PM me if you want to talk more about what you're going through, I'd be happy to try and shed some light:praying:
Hey Thank you soooo much brother!!! I want to PM you but I don't know how haha!!! But yes His word brings comfort and sets me FREE!!

Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Thank you soooo much brother!!! I want to PM you but I don't know how haha!!! But yes His word brings comfort and sets me FREE!!
Honestly, I'm new myself, but I found after the first day or so I could click on someone's name, and the "start a conversation" button would pop up..I don't think you can fast track that, but I'm available whenever:praying:

Upvote 0