• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anxiety, Intrusive thoughts

GratefulNLoved

Oct 2, 2019
Kingman
✟15,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am having a really hard time with some dark intrusive thoughts lately, my anxiety and panic was really low for nearly 2 months and no meds. I've gone through therapy since February- but had to stop the past month because of funds. Friday it started up again, and Monday I was fighting panic attacks. Sunday there was intrusive thoughts of a sexual nature, and the past couple days intrusive thoughts with violent imagery. It feels far more explicit and frightening than before, and I am not sure what to do. I'm praying and clinging to God, but my fear keeps climbing. My apologies on not introducing myself- and also to add- I have Hypothyroidism that is untreated as well. My bloodwork has shown slightly elevated TSH (in the7ish zone), but everything else is normal. I am stressed in taking care of my in laws, and an impending move that may happen in 6 months or so where my husband and I will end up living with them.

Last edited:

GratefulNLoved

Oct 2, 2019
Kingman
✟15,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I stopped using their services because my therapist wouldn't see me while I was using theirs. I've left a message with the therapist, I hope he will see me after all this time. Thank you for your prayers. Lord Have Mercy.

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟483,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm praying you find a way to get the medical help you need. I've dealt with anxiety and panic myself and can tell you it always goes away in time. Know that the Lord will carry you through this.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I stopped using their services because my therapist wouldn't see me while I was using theirs. I've left a message with the therapist, I hope he will see me after all this time. Thank you for your prayers. Lord Have Mercy.

They should have people that will see you with state aid health insurance. Just a thought :)

Upvote 0

GratefulNLoved

Oct 2, 2019
Kingman
✟15,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They should have people that will see you with state aid health insurance. Just a thought :)
Believe it or not, I live in a really bad area as far as skilled professionals. Small town, I had to be really picky in the first place. It's a long story, and I am hopeful to soon be moving closer to my family members, and hopefully better medical care available, but that is in God's hands. Prayers would be really good right now, thank you.

• Prayers
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am having a really hard time with some dark intrusive thoughts lately, my anxiety and panic was really low for nearly 2 months and no meds. I've gone through therapy since February- but had to stop the past month because of funds. Friday it started up again, and Monday I was fighting panic attacks. Sunday there was intrusive thoughts of a sexual nature, and the past couple days intrusive thoughts with violent imagery. It feels far more explicit and frightening than before, and I am not sure what to do. I'm praying and clinging to God, but my fear keeps climbing. My apologies on not introducing myself- and also to add- I have Hypothyroidism that is untreated as well. My bloodwork has shown slightly elevated TSH (in the7ish zone), but everything else is normal. I am stressed in taking care of my in laws, and an impending move that may happen in 6 months or so where my husband and I will end up living with them.
:praying::heart: You are going through so much...I pray that God will make a way to lighten your burdens.

Upvote 0

LiveLaughLove

Feb 11, 2019
WI
✟10,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know this is an old post but I wanted to still give you a little bit of advice. I don't know where you are at in all this but when it comes to the thyroid, you should get that checked out soon. The thyroid is a big factor in causing anxiety and depression. I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism less than a year ago and being on meds has helped a lot with my anxiety and depression. In fact, I am not even on meds for those specifically anymore. I am just taking thyroid meds now. So if you haven't I would recommend you getting seen at least just for your thyroid. Good luck.

Upvote 0