• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anxiety Help

therays

Jul 11, 2006
✟9,741.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ok so a quick run down. I was on antidepressants for years and decided to get off them(due to mess up at pharmacy). A little over a week ago I had knee replacement surgery, which has gone well so far except for my Anxiety/Depression/Guilt has hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m asking for your opinions to see if I should go back on them or what I should try to do? Also any prayers are welcomed and thank you for listening to me.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m asking for your opinions to see if I should go back on them or what I should try to do?

It is a medical issue. Go and talk to your doctor about your depression/anxiety.

• Agree
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Explain how you've been feeling and what kinds of thoughts you have to a psychiatrist and do what he recommends. If there's spiritual issues that are troubling, also talk to a pastor. It is possible that the standard recommendation of being both on appropriate medication and in therapy with a psychologist applies to you.

Upvote 0

Edyos

Pray Continually
Sep 16, 2018
Haifa
✟10,512.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I didn't understand why you feel depressed? is it because of the surgery? If not then you should go to God's promises they are the best medicine you can have.

I will pray for you, I personally do not believe in medicine of any kind. I rather not take, only if the pain is unbearable. U can never know what this put inside of those pills.

Pray and as I said, look forward to God's promises. They are many of them in the bible. They always comfort me in time of trouble.

as David said in Psalm 9:9:
"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble."

Upvote 0

Saralynn1

Dec 4, 2018
RIverside
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok so a quick run down. I was on antidepressants for years and decided to get off them(due to mess up at pharmacy). A little over a week ago I had knee replacement surgery, which has gone well so far except for my Anxiety/Depression/Guilt has hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m asking for your opinions to see if I should go back on them or what I should try to do? Also any prayers are welcomed and thank you for listening to me.

I have not ever taken any medications. I started getting anxiety a few months ago, after losing house, and tough financial struggles.I can tell you that I'm on the road to healing.
I had the first panic attack and extreme anxiety several weeks ago, and I tried VITAMINS.
I took a megadose of Vitamin B3( Niacin) and the attack stopped within 2-3 minutes. I was almost completely myself again. The depression lifted, the anxiety was gone. I was praising God. It was a miracle. I had been reading about how it helps Depression, and I had the bottle for some time, and it worked. It worked the next day too, and I felt amazing. But on the 3rd day, I was super tired and depressed.
I have felt good for 3 days now, I have concluded that I need to take it in smaller doses daily, add vitamin C, omega 3 - flaxseed oil AND Praying and listening to Charles Stanley, and finally TAKING CONTROL of my thoughts, and REFUSING to allow any anxiousness to come in, has put me on the right path to healing. Now on to Pastoral counseling, and continuing to ask Jesus to help me to TRUST HIM. It's a new way of thinking for me, will take a while.
If you need to know the dosages and type of Niacin etc feel free to message me. It worked and I'm glad I have it, to help the serotonin and other chemicals balance out, because extreme worry and anxiety wreaked havoc. Now to balance it again.
All glory to Jesus for giving me Wisdom.

Upvote 0

Saralynn1

Dec 4, 2018
RIverside
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a MEDICAL ISSUE.
Fear and Anxiety is a SPIRITUAL ISSUE. We need to TRUST in HIM, through any storm.
He promised to never leave us, nor forsake us, and he won't. But this does not mean we will not suffer. It just means His Grace is enough.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was told by a doctor once that extreme physical trauma (like knee surgery) will cause depression during recovery. Maybe now is the time to just rest and recuperate and allow yourself the down time. Focus on your knee exercises and on eating well. Don't skimp on quality protein.

from internet:
Eat These Foods to Speed Up Recovery After Surgery
  1. Protein – soy, dairy, beans, eggs, cottage cheese, poultry, fish, meat, and nuts are all excellent sources of protein. ...
  2. Vitamin C – vitamin C helps your body make collagen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0