• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh Multi - I am so sad you are experiencing this.

Have you tried true Sourdough baked goods? The fermenting process changes the gluten that affects some people.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know that foods produce anxiety, outside of learning something unpleasant about what I just ate.

I do know that nausea can be a byproduct of anxiety. Sometimes it also just happens. And it can also trigger anxiety.

You might try reverting to these for a week or two: Chicken, eggs, rice, bread, jelly, applesauce, bananas, noodles, crackers. Then phase other foods back in when you can take them; orange juice and fresh vegetables first, dairy and desserts last.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have anxiety disorder and ever since I first began to notice it, I've had problems with eating. I'm not even sure if it's a specific kind of food or not.

I've had to cut a lot of foods out of my diet because if I eat them I feel very anxious and uncomfortable for at least a few hours afterward. I can't eat many baked goods or pancakes or much restaurant food at all. I rarely ate those things anyway since they're not healthy, but now I can never go out to eat with my family or eat the things I help my mom bake. I have to be careful not to eat too much at once since large meals are also a problem.

I used to like eating cereal with milk for breakfast, but I've had to stop eating breakfast for the last two weeks or so because I got tired of the worsened anxiety every morning. I've tried eating the cereal later in the day with the same effects (but dry cereal or milk alone later in the day didn't seem to bother me).

My anxiety isn't so bad if I eat carefully, but then I'm so hungry sometimes and a little sad that I can't eat so many things I like. I'm already allergic to nuts and sensitive to eggs so my diet is even more limited.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I suggest that you look at the possibility that you have things in reverse. Anxiety and stress mess with the normal appetite functions. If you deal with the cause, the symptoms will abate. We are exhorted to cast our care on the Lord because He cares for us. Leave your cares there!

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have anxiety disorder and ever since I first began to notice it, I've had problems with eating. I'm not even sure if it's a specific kind of food or not.

I've had to cut a lot of foods out of my diet because if I eat them I feel very anxious and uncomfortable for at least a few hours afterward. I can't eat many baked goods or pancakes or much restaurant food at all. I rarely ate those things anyway since they're not healthy, but now I can never go out to eat with my family or eat the things I help my mom bake. I have to be careful not to eat too much at once since large meals are also a problem.

I used to like eating cereal with milk for breakfast, but I've had to stop eating breakfast for the last two weeks or so because I got tired of the worsened anxiety every morning. I've tried eating the cereal later in the day with the same effects (but dry cereal or milk alone later in the day didn't seem to bother me).

My anxiety isn't so bad if I eat carefully, but then I'm so hungry sometimes and a little sad that I can't eat so many things I like. I'm already allergic to nuts and sensitive to eggs so my diet is even more limited.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
I have celiac disease/Leaky Gut/IBS (its the same thing). Mine started with horrible pain all over my body, like an eternal flu and lots of brain fog. A friend suggested going gluten free because it helped her. A few weeks later I felt better but I was still getting pain from time to time. Then eventually I found out it was the fluoride in the water. Celiac Disease is a damage to the lining of your intestine. Gluten is a protein and fluoride is a chemical, both leak to your bloodstream though the damaged lining and its like getting poisoned. I get horrible inflammation (Fibromyalgia). In fact, more than 90% of Fibromyalgia patients suffer from Celiac/Leaky Gut/IBS.

What helped me was doing an elimination diet. You can start with removing gluten. When I get an accident (eat gluten or drink tap water) I start shaking internally like crazy, like a bad anxiety attack. After I went gluten and fluoride free I started getting anxious and it was because my vitamin D and iron were too low. Once I fixed that I got better.

About eating out, It took me a long time for my family to be able to accept that those things were really hurting me. Now most restaurants have GF foods, but I had moments when I just eat home before going to the restaurant, but I go and spend time with the family. I can handle eating one or two meals made with fluorinated water, but if I cook my meals with tap water for a week I end up with bad pain. I can't eat gluten at all, if I do I know I am getting pain 7-8 days later for 3 days straight. It takes about 4 months to detox gluten off my body, if I have an accident after 4 months the pain is not that bad on the first accident. If in doubt I don't eat it. I can't risk it. I make sure the food says GF or I know the ingredients are GF. I am super careful with cross contamination. Gluten is everywhere; soy sauce and salad dressings. I make sure everything is certified GF.

I had to stop eating a lot of things I like, but once I noticed the difference I prefer feeling better than miserable.

Celiacs also get a weird pain on the right side of the body, near the bellybutton. In my case that symptom was one of the last ones to show up, the first two were pain and anxiety.

Hope you find your culprit!

• Informative
Upvote 0