• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anxiety 24/7

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im having an anxuety attack. Intrusive thoughts are swirling about. I feel i cant function like this.

Its night i cant sleep bc im having a panic attack and abt to p@ce around like an idiot.

Sometimes my anxious thoughts make me feel i need ?a ment?al stay

Pls pray. I fel i may do something crazy

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try making The Sign of The Cross over yourself and saying :

"Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen "

Also, ask Theotokos (The Virgin Mary) and All The Holy Saints in Heaven to intercede for you.

Making The Sign Of The Cross (Orthodox Videos)

Here are some Orthodox Hymns for you to listen to :

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why do you feel anxious? When I start feeling anxious;I close my eyes; and I take in a long deep breath, as deeply as I think I can; and I hold it. Then I breath just a little deeper, without exhaling. I continue again; but the anxiety has always dissipated before I've truly run out of lung capacity.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im having an anxuety attack. Intrusive thoughts are swirling about. I feel i cant function like this.

Its night i cant sleep bc im having a panic attack and abt to p@ce around like an idiot.

Sometimes my anxious thoughts make me feel i need ?a ment?al stay

Pls pray. I fel i may do something crazy

Just pray this:

Lord Jesus,
I submit myself to God. I resist anxiety in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

when disturbing thoughts and feeling come over you, just pray again and again until all anxiety disappear.

Upvote 0

Jay W Mayes

Aug 29, 2020
Abilene
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, that is something I go through as well! I found a video on YouTube that helps me as suggested by my psychologist.

Here is a link to a video that gives some great tips:

Ally | Earn money by sharing short links :: Coping With Anxiety - YouTube

AND

From one of my favorite pastors that gave me help as well!:

Ally | Earn money by sharing short links :: 5 Ways To Fight Anxiety | Pastor Steven Furtick - YouTube

Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says, “I am not a robot” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows you how!

Upvote 0