CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This has taken me several weeks. I've finally decided to answer the call to become a missionary and evangelise through music ministration. The Holy Spirit gave me some songs but i don't have the money to produce these songs in a studio. Can anyone volunteer to help this missionary? I will be starting in Africa, my aim for now is to assemble four other missionaries(single individuals) and spreading as the Spirit leads. If anyone is moved to sponsor me financially please send me a private message and I'll give you my email, God bless

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you read the stories of famous missionaries you will find that being a missionary was not a change in attitude but merely a change of location.

In other words if you are not already serving God, telling others about Jesus in your live now. Nothing is going to change if you move to africa.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you are Catholic, as your profile says, then it seems most natural for you to work with one of the Catholic missions organizations that are active in Africa. They should be able to help you with funding, as well as organizational issues -- finding specific cities and villages in Africa where there is need, finding local parish churches to cooperate with, and so on. (Wikipedia has some lists of missions organizations here: Category:Roman Catholic missionaries in Africa - Wikipedia and here: List of Catholic missions in Africa - Wikipedia.) I don't know whom you should contact to find out more, but your parish priest might be a good starting place; he should at least be able to recommend a good person in your diocese to talk to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This has taken me several weeks. I've finally decided to answer the call to become a missionary and evangelise through music ministration. The Holy Spirit gave me some songs but i don't have the money to produce these songs in a studio. Can anyone volunteer to help this missionary? I will be starting in Africa

I wouldn't start in Africa. Working in Africa requires preparation and support and sometimes learning new languages.

As someone has already said, start where you are.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you are Catholic, as your profile says, then it seems most natural for you to work with one of the Catholic missions organizations that are active in Africa. They should be able to help you with funding, as well as organizational issues -- finding specific cities and villages in Africa where there is need, finding local parish churches to cooperate with, and so on. (Wikipedia has some lists of missions organizations here: Category:Roman Catholic missionaries in Africa - Wikipedia and here: List_of_Catholic_missions_in_Africa.) I don't know whom you should contact to find out more, but your parish priest might be a good starting place; he should at least be able to recommend a good person in your diocese to talk to.

Thanks. I'm a Catholic but I'm not called to be a Nun or Rev sister. I'll remain a Catholic but as a missionary I'll rather be non denominational.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't start in Africa. Working in Africa requires preparation and support and sometimes learning new languages.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you read the stories of famous missionaries you will find that being a missionary was not a change in attitude but merely a change of location.

In other words if you are not already serving God, telling others about Jesus in your live now. Nothing is going to change if you move to africa.

God bless

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I'm a Catholic but I'm not called to be a Nun or Rev sister. I'll remain a Catholic but as a missionary I'll rather be non denominational.
Catholic missionaries include lay people as well as nuns and priests; see this article, for example: The New, Lay Face of Missionaries .

But if you wish to work with a nondenominational or interdenominational organization instead, then that can also be a good option. I still recommend working with an organization of some kind. That's what missions organizations are for: providing logistical, financial, and other kinds of support for Christians as we carry out our ministries.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll remain a Catholic but as a missionary I'll rather be non denominational.

That isn't actually going to work, you know. If you're a missionary, you need to teach what you believe.

"Nondenominational" generally means "Protestant." In fact, it generally means "Baptist." Unless you mean "interdenominational," but there's not a lot of interdenominational mission work, apart from medical work.

To get financial support for overseas missions, you either need to join an organisation, or you need to go around churches raising your own support. Either way, it will be a problem if your own beliefs conflict with the mission. Then you need to partner with local churches at the other end, and similar problems apply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That isn't actually going to work, you know. If you're a missionary, you need to teach what you believe.

"Nondenominational" generally means "Protestant." In fact, it generally means "Baptist." Unless you mean "interdenominational," but there's not a lot of interdenominational mission work, apart from medical work.

To get financial support for overseas missions, you either need to join an organisation, or you need to go around churches raising your own support. Either way, it will be a problem if your own beliefs conflict with the mission. Then you need to partner with local churches at the other end, and similar problems apply.

Thanks, this is all quite new to me. Aren't there any private missions? Like people forming a group with like minded folks? Can you recommend a Catholic mission for lay people?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,048.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Catholic missionaries include lay people as well as nuns and priests; see this article, for example: The New, Lay Face of Missionaries .

But if you wish to work with a nondenominational or interdenominational organization instead, then that can also be a good option. I still recommend working with an organization of some kind. That's what missions organizations are for: providing logistical, financial, and other kinds of support for Christians as we carry out our ministries.

Thanks, I'll have a look

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, this is all quite new to me. Aren't there any private missions? Like people forming a group with like minded folks?

There are indeed, but where does the money come from? Being a missionary costs a lot more than you think. The usual thing is to go around churches and ask the people to donate... but that's easier if those churches, the missionary, the activity, and the churches on the other end are all theologically on the same page.

And it's not just money. It helps having a supporting organisation. And a medevac plan.

I don't know much about Catholic missions, I'm afraid.

But let me say something else: I would encourage you to begin missionary activity where you are. If you really want to go to Africa, I would visit first. It's probably not what you are expecting. For a start, depending where you go, you might need to learn either French or Swahili.

For info, here is where the Catholics are:

Distribution_of_Catholics.png

Upvote 0