• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Antipsychotics and Medicine Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Psychosis and Schizophrenia' started by Faith712, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:18 AM.

1. Faith712

Faith712 Newbie

+116
    Methodist
    Single
    Hi everyone! :) I hope everyone is doing well today! :) Stay strong and safe during this pandemic! :)

Do any of you guys have any antipsychotics and medicine recommendations?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+3,187
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Yes. My recommendation is seek counsel from a qualified medical provider, not Christian Forums.

3. Faith712

Faith712 Newbie

+116
    Methodist
    Single
    So there's no drugs people are doing well on? What's wrong with asking that?

4. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,683
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I quit smoking weed, tobacco and stopped drinking alcohol when I was 22. I turned to the NT instead. Later I became a moderate drinker, but other times none at all for months.

I turned to a primarily plant based diet in my 50’s. I prayed to God for healing. I do not trust psychiatrists. Some antidepressants increased the risk of dementia by 50%.

5. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+3,187
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    There is nothing wrong in asking. Psychotropic medications are quite individualized based upon one's symptoms and other related or unrelated health matters. What works for one person may not work for another person. That is all.

Often times with such drugs one doesn't know what works for them until they work with their prescriber to find the right medication and the right dosage of the medication.

6. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,683
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  7. daydreameranastasia

daydreameranastasia Just a library lady

+384
    Germany
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I am on lamictal for mood stabilizer and it works very well.
    Medicine is very individual.
    I will say stick to the older medications and try not to take anything too new unless literally nothing else works.

8. Job405

Job405 Jesus Christ Matters Supporter

+108
    Finland
    Christian
    Single
    Olanzapine 10mg and lexapro 10-15mg has worked for me. But with olanzapine I have gained some weight and I think it has affected my memory as well. I am now trying to quit lexapro by lowering the dose first. Then I will try to quit olanzapine to see what that's like and return to it if the hallucinations are too bad.