United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Former Berkeley CR prez sues Antifa activist for $100K

Felarca’s frivolous legal actions were meant to intimidate me and hinder my political activism, but also prevented me from going to class on occasion. I can now go on with my main purpose at UC Berkeley, which is to get an education and exercise my free speech rights without interference,” Troy Worden told Campus Reform after both a temporary and permanent restraining order were dismissed.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Felarca’s frivolous legal actions were meant to intimidate me and hinder my political activism, but also prevented me from going to class on occasion. I can now go on with my main purpose at UC Berkeley, which is to get an education and exercise my free speech rights without interference,” Troy Worden told Campus Reform after both a temporary and permanent restraining order were dismissed.

Indeed.

So be it.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

This woman is a middle school teacher and was filmed punching--that's right, physically assaulting--a neo-Nazi in CA. Now don't get me wrong, I have no love for neo-Nazis and would have words to say had I been walking by! But you do NOT resort to physical violence!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This woman is a middle school teacher and was filmed punching--that's right, physically assaulting--a neo-Nazi in CA. Now don't get me wrong, I have no love for neo-Nazis and would have words to say had I been walking by! But you do NOT resort to physical violence!
How does that have anything to do with the restraining orders or the lawsuit?

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How does that have anything to do with the restraining orders or the lawsuit?

She puts restraining orders on others after she actually physically assaults people. I find that strange.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good answer. Now what are the police going to do about it and what are they going to tell you to do?

Once i call the police on anyone, i follow through and advocate my case with the police commissioner, states attorney, city council person, senator, and the state crime victim's compensation board, etc.

My point however, was that the response in post #9 is a very wise and sane response.

That would be my response.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She puts restraining orders on others after she actually physically assaults people. I find that strange.
Why? Do you expect people with such bad moral judgment that they physically assault others to allow someone to do the same to them? If she assaulted people it was their responsibility to get a restraining order against her.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once i call the police on anyone, i follow through and advocate my case with the police commissioner, states attorney, city council person, senator, and the state crime victim's compensation board, etc.

My point however, was that the response in post #9 is a very wise and sane response.

That would be my response.
I asked you what the police would tell you to do.

EDIT What are all the people you listed going to tell you to do?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I asked you what the police would tell you to do.

EDIT What are all the people you listed going to tell you to do?

My only agenda with the police is to get a report/complaint number.

As far as the rest of who i mentioned, i would basically be telling them how they can help me proceed with filing and following through with charges. It would mostly be on me to follow through, and cut through the red tape, etc.

I already KNOW what to do.

i've been, and am still, an advocate for battered women, and victims of crime, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good answer. Now what are the police going to do about it and what are they going to tell you to do?

How on earth would I be able to tell you what would happen in a hypothetical situation

Additionally, not only did she attack him physically, see the link - she filed frivolous restraining orders against him. See the link

In my humble opinion, it would help if you read the link.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My only agenda with the police is to get a report/complaint number.

As far as the rest of who i mentioned, i would basically be telling them how they can help me proceed with filing and following through with charges. It would mostly be on me to follow through, and cut through the red tape, etc.

I already KNOW what to do.

i've been, and am still, an advocate for battered women, and victims of crime, etc.
Then why is it so hard for you to spit out the words, Restraining Order?
You know then, that it is just a matter of filing for one and a judge deciding if it is a valid request and issuing the temporary order. This happens very quickly, they don't mess around.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
here is what the link is talking about.

Felarca and her attorney attempted to make free speech expensive and it is time that they pay for their misuse of the court system."
Now, Worden and his attorney, Mark Meuser, have announced in a press release that they will be seeking more than $100,000 in damages from Felarca, noting that the restraining orders were an attempt to restrict Worden’s First Amendment rights.

“Felarca filed a frivolous restraining order that restricted Worden’s First and Second Amendment rights, and made it difficult for him to move around the campus to attend classes,” the press release contends, with Meuser suggesting that “Felarca and her attorney attempted to make free speech expensive and it is time that they pay for their misuse of the court system.”

The subject isn’t about physical assault. Hope that clarifies

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How on earth would I be able to tell you what would happen in a hypothetical situation

Additionally, not only did she attack him physically, see the link - she filed frivolous restraining orders against him. See the link

In my humble opinion, it would help if you read the link.
I did read the link or I wouldn't know what it says.

There is nothing hypothetical. You file a complaint report with the police. They talk to the other person, that is all they can do, and they tell you to get a Restraining Order.
A judge decides whether a restraining order should be issued, not the person asking for it. So some judge/s decided that her request was not Frivolous but they issued it/them.

Now some other judge has lifted it. Maybe because the situation has changed, maybe because she didn't fight against lifting it, maybe because the guy it was against promised he would not follow, video tape, etc. her.
There isn't enough details to know why it was issued or why it was lifted.

Upvote 0