ANTIFA armed rioters descend on Oregon State Capitol

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Antifa 'armed' rioters descend on Oregon State Capitol in Salem

Salem Police arrested at least three people and urged others to stay away from Oregon's State Capitol building Sunday evening as violence linked to Antifa-aligned protesters broke out.

The "heavily armed" crowd had grown to as many as 200 people, Fox 12 Portland reported. The chaos unfolded as a planned right-wing protest and Antifa counter-protest were scheduled in Salem for the same day.

Police received reports of vehicles driving past the Capitol being struck with balloons filled with paint as well as green lasers being pointed at drivers.

Here we go again.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are 'peaceful protesters'. That's the narrative to follow. Uh huh.

I suspect if they overrun the place we will hear more about how peaceful they are from most of the media. Maybe we will even hear about the right-wing police oppressing the peaceful protesters. I wonder.
Perhaps another "summer of love" at the State Capital building (or whatever autonomous zone name they rename it).

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I suspect if they overrun the place we will hear more about how peaceful they are from most of the media. Maybe we will even hear about the right-wing police oppressing the peaceful protesters. I wonder.
Yeah, just like they are saying about the seditious insurrection on the U.S. capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. So far there have been no deaths reported from this.
One of the arrested ones pulled a gun, according to the article was not Antifa. I did not see the motive for the riot reported in the article. I am glad the police were vigilant and quickly got control and dispersed the crowd.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Perhaps another "summer of love" at the State Capital building (or whatever autonomous zone name they rename it).
But they have learned lessons since then. I suspect they will storm it and hold it, unlike the less extreme folks in Washington DC.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If they'd gather the rabbler-rousers and troubled and send them to a colony we'd have peace. It isn't the majority that keep things in an uproar. It's the few who won't behave.

~bella
Oregon is kind of that colony already, along with Washington and California.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Police Play Cat-and-Mouse With Dueling, Hostile Protesters Around Oregon Capitol
Police Play Cat-and-Mouse With Dueling, Hostile Protesters Around Oregon Capitol
Leftist counterprotesters attacked individual pickup trucks that arrived early.
signal-2021-03-28-201605-10.jpg

A right-wing protester draws and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] an M9 pistol after his vehicle was damaged and he was maced by counterprotsters. (Justin Yau)
By Justin Yau |
Published March 28 at 9:04 PM
Updated March 28 at 10:25 PM
For the first time since the Jan. 6 invasion of Congress, right-wing groups visited the Oregon Capitol in Salem. Their truck parade was met by anti-fascist counterprotesters who vowed to no longer allow Proud Boys and their allies to arrive at the Capitol building unmolested.

The result: a day of brinkmanship, with one man pointing a handgun at leftist crowds, and camouflaged law enforcement officers jumping out of unmarked vans to assist with targeted arrests.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-29_19-30-57.png
    upload_2021-3-29_19-30-57.png
    120 bytes · Views: 4
    120 bytes · Views: 5
    120 bytes · Views: 6
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

From the reports there doesn’t seem to have been any attempt to take over buildings. It was an Antifa counter protest to a right wing group. Typical for Antifa they did some property damage but there were no serious injuries. They should still be arrested, but this wasn’t an attempt to lynch their enemies or take over the capitol. One of the arrests was for one of the right wing people, though from the news reports I doubt he’ll be charged with anything. He pulled a gun, but it was probably justified. I don’t think anyone would claim that it was a peaceful protest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the reports there doesn’t seem to have been any attempt to take over buildings. It was an Antifa counter protest to a right wing group. Typical for Antifa they did some property damage but there were no serious injuries. They should still be arrested, but this wasn’t an attempt to lynch their enemies or take over the capitol. One of the arrests was for one of the right wing people, though from the news reports I doubt he’ll be charged with anything. He pulled a gun, but it was probably justified. I don’t think anyone would claim that it was a peaceful protest.
Antifa skewered a red pickup with a tree branch through the windshield, nearly impaling the passenger

Another one of those "mostly peaceful protests" :)
iu

Media Blackout: Antifa ATTACKS Peaceful Protesters in Oregon

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.