• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

msmistk

Mar 23, 2021
Arizona
✟16,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi looking for people who have ever thought they were the antichrist to share/explain some of their scariest moments that convinced them they were the antichrist? Anyone have similar experiences to mine? Want to find someone who's gone through the same thing...it's really scary! I'll share some of mine:

- Reading Revelation 13 Beast passage 'let the one with WISDOM calculate the number of the beast' then when I read the 666 part immediately I was struck with the numbers 666 they jumped off the page and hit me on my head, felt woozy in my eyes. Shortly after that, felt like I was struck on my body with something lightening like flash in my eyes, thought Satan hit me (more weird things happened after this). Went to sleep reading 2 Thessalonians 2 about Man of Lawlessness and the strong delusion then woke up with a psychotic delusion/hallucination that all the Bibles in the house changed/re-written literally the words were visually on the page all different even the children's Bibles were all changed to be a works righteousness OBEY OBEY OBEY, paranoid that somehow I re-wrote them...

- Thinking I was used to tempt the whole world somehow, thought 'YOU did this God!' then one of my kids came to me with several stiff long pieces of paper stapled together pointed it at me and said 'this is a long finger pointing at you!'

- After finding the Worthless/Idol Shepherd passage from Zechariah 11:17: at one point I was confused between God and Satan and I looked through spyglass with my right eye and it was blurry '...his right eye utterly blinded!' when thought figured out what Beast passage meant, one of my kids put a 'sword' like object on my arm, 'May the sword strike his arm'.

- Manic spiraling thoughts that I'm antichrist, I'm condemned or that I'm Satan...etc. worried this could be divination...

Honestly I'm still scared it's real somehow...

(Current Diagnosis Bipolar with Psychotic Features OCD)

More tags: religious delusion, spiritual, supernatural, satanic, divination, worried I'm the antichrist, afraid I'm the antichrist, end times, end of the world

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I too have been harassed by demonic spirits and their suggestions that I was the AntiChrist about 3 or 4 years ago. But I have slowly been reasoning my way out of that pit. I believe OCD and other psychological maladies play a role in this, especially when it comes to spiritual "evidences" that I was the AC for real.

I thought that I was Satan reincarnated on earth awaiting the final conflict. I also assumed by buddy across from me at the time was the Archangel Michael. I felt like God was judging me at that time and it was very frightening, all of a sudden I felt like I was in the palm of the hand of an angry God. It was quite scary but this eventually wore off later on in the night.

I thought I was "the worthless shepherd" which I believe is a reference to the Antichrist. I thought I was him because of the lack of evangelism I was doing. I had not brought anyone else to faith, etc., therefore I must be him.

During my delusion I assumed I had the power to change dates and times and seasons. I assumed I could change this dispensation of Grace into one of Law. I even made a post about it on this website, a long time ago, stating that God's Grace had come to an end.

There is more too, but that is good for now. Hopefully this thread will get attention. I know I can't be the AC because I will NOT oppose God and if that's the case, then the evil angels and the devil himself will not get to rule the world for 7 years, which they long for more than anything. Be blessed, my friend.

(current diagnosis: Schizophrenia)

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to see how this thread could be helpful...

Swapping stories about how we were extremely deceived...

Supposedly indicating less deception now...

I would like to hear more about how Jesus transformed your life, and that you shared about His truthful and fruitful ways...

This is from one who was seriously deceived for a period and it took 7 years of much prayer and ministry to be 'normal' again.

My focus then is to glorify the Lord of the future not the deceptive experience of the past.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My focus then is to glorify the Lord of the future not the deceptive experience of the past.

It's therapeutic. We realize through each other's stories how silly our deceptions were. If you've never been accused of being the AC by your mind, and the whispering of demons, you probably can't relate.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's therapeutic. We realize through each other's stories how silly our deceptions were. If you've never been accused of being the AC by your mind, and the whispering of demons, you probably can't relate.

I can relate all right... but I choose to focus on better things.

Therapeutic is sharing in the Goodness of God.

Upvote 0

Mike Tang

Dec 14, 2020
Richmond Hill
✟12,141.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a guy on here called @Mike Tang who struggles with feeling like he might be antichrist or Jesus.
That's what ppl hav been telling OTHERS,
They think I'm Jesus or "Antichrist/Man of Lawlessness/etc" and that the gag order is the "restrainer"

Upvote 0

msmistk

Mar 23, 2021
Arizona
✟16,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replies so far, very helpful. My goal in posting is mostly I want to hear from people with similar experiences, it helps me to know I’m not alone, and to see what was within the realm of possibility to compare experiences since I had some pretty scary things happen. I often feel like I’m all alone in this. Also some similar stories I read from other people with similar themed delusions are mostly vague and surface level so it’s hard to understand what they went through or to relate or get comfort or help knowing I’m not alone in the severity of these things…

I also think it is good the idea suggested to share what helped break out of these things and some positives to think on, so if you want to please feel free to share that also.

Upvote 0

Veteran1990

Jul 6, 2021
texas
✟17,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can relate all right... but I choose to focus on better things.

Therapeutic is sharing in the Goodness of God.
If they would like to discuss their delusions of the past as a way to cope with certain expieriences, it is not your place to tell them that they should not openly discuss what is borthing them, or their problems nor for you to tell them what they should do to alleviate their problems.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they would like to discuss their delusions of the past as a way to cope with certain expieriences, it is not your place to tell them that they should not openly discuss what is borthing them, or their problems nor for you to tell them what they should do to alleviate their problems.

Nonsense - those who have been delivered from this stuff have every right to encourage and advise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veteran1990

Jul 6, 2021
texas
✟17,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nonsense - those who have been delivered from this stuff have every right to encourage and advise.
No, it is not nonsense when the person who responded to you said, that they were talking about it and it is therapy. They need time to emotional express themselves and their thoughts, not be told what to do.
It is exceptionally none of your business to tell others what to do. Jesus didn't approach everything the same way, so why are you?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therapy is a dismal failure in our country with one of the highest youth suicide rates in the world.

Encouraging, and telling others what to do are two different things.

You know nothing about me - how can you know I approach everything in the same way?

Most folks want to hear from those who have made the difficult journey out of this stuff - what is your problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veteran1990

Jul 6, 2021
texas
✟17,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Therapy is a dismal failure in our country with one of the highest youth suicide rates in the world.

Encouraging, and telling others what to do are two different things.

You know nothing about me - how can you know I approach everything in the same way?

Most folks want to hear from those who have made the difficult journey out of this stuff - what is your problem?
And having them repress their problem and not feeling like they can say anything about it is exactly how demons drive people insane.

Out of curiosity have you ever been stuck with a demon, and not feel like you can talk about it with anybody and then internalize the feelings of the issue and other peoples perception of you? How does someone exactly explain what it is the people in this post have stated?

You need to allow them to comfortably express their thoughts and feelings so they do not internalize them, in anyway that winds up causing them to feel like they have to repress them and be perfect. They may no exactly feel like doing what you suggest immediately. You need to seek to understand the issue before you correct them.

Of Course what you are saying is Correct, However they need to get to that Stage in the cycle first, not be forced into it.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've faced the temptation, but I have not been thoroughly convinced of it. I also am beginning to think it's inevitable for some, almost like a right of passage. At least that's the only way I can rationalize God allowing it to happen beside whatever medical reasons there may be. In the natural course of my walk of faith, I've had moments, a spiritual high of a sort or an extreme low, and the odd question pops in my mind "do you know who you are?" I've gotten pretty good at saying "go away, I'm the same person I was beforehand." And then there's the extras which help. I have a prayer routine when I need it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of Course what you are saying is Correct, However they need to get to that Stage in the cycle first, not be forced into it.

I encourage I dont force...

Yes I have been there, and 7 years of prayer and ministry restored my life.

Upvote 0

msmistk

Mar 23, 2021
Arizona
✟16,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the long silence, I was locked out of my account. I'm still struggling with this unfortunately. I appreciate reading both suggestions: about focusing on recovery (I try this sometimes but fears make it almost impossible) and the descriptions of the scary moments (which help me so I can compare my experiences). If anyone else has struggled with this I would appreciate some more short descriptions of anyones experience...

Upvote 0

msmistk

Mar 23, 2021
Arizona
✟16,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too have been harassed by demonic spirits and their suggestions that I was the AntiChrist about 3 or 4 years ago. But I have slowly been reasoning my way out of that pit. I believe OCD and other psychological maladies play a role in this, especially when it comes to spiritual "evidences" that I was the AC for real.

I thought that I was Satan reincarnated on earth awaiting the final conflict. I also assumed by buddy across from me at the time was the Archangel Michael. I felt like God was judging me at that time and it was very frightening, all of a sudden I felt like I was in the palm of the hand of an angry God. It was quite scary but this eventually wore off later on in the night.

I thought I was "the worthless shepherd" which I believe is a reference to the Antichrist. I thought I was him because of the lack of evangelism I was doing. I had not brought anyone else to faith, etc., therefore I must be him.

During my delusion I assumed I had the power to change dates and times and seasons. I assumed I could change this dispensation of Grace into one of Law. I even made a post about it on this website, a long time ago, stating that God's Grace had come to an end.

There is more too, but that is good for now. Hopefully this thread will get attention. I know I can't be the AC because I will NOT oppose God and if that's the case, then the evil angels and the devil himself will not get to rule the world for 7 years, which they long for more than anything. Be blessed, my friend.

(current diagnosis: Schizophrenia)

Thank you for sharing these. Wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what were some of your spiritual "evidences"? Did they usually happen immediately?

This helped me to hear this and that you put it in quotes because I've been having those too. I've been calling mine "supernatural confirmations" in quotes because they're supposedly not real even though they feel that way to me... In addition to the ones I mentioned in my first post: when I have a string of thoughts reasoning how I'm the AC or I think a proud thought or evil thought and think it's a sin that's unforgivable, it gets "confirmed" by something that seems supernatural like seeing 666 or seeing a word like dragon... one time my eyes even locked on art of a devil figure after... its usually immediately after. Another was a sound machine was turned on and it kept dying, after that I saw the word Pure on it, like it was mocking me for not being pure. Do these sound like usual things people with a delusion experience? Have other people experienced these kinds of "confirmations?"

Others that happened recently:
- I was praying about something like "I don't even know what greed is and if I have been greedy" and then I immediately read a passage in my kids book about the goose with the golden egg and greedy owners who loose everything, I noticed I forgot the lesson number and when I went to write it down it was 36, since i forgot it and remembered i needed to find it that made it stick out to me more.
- I was praying for God to stop these mean confirmation things that my kids do, because it really hurts, then as soon as I finish my prayer immediately my son puts a sword on his right eye and says look at my eye mom! (worthless shepherd passage)...

It's also so hard to get rid of because we're supposed to use the Word to fight it but it's passages in the Word that are feeding it...

I wish I could reason my way out of it, I keep hoping for something to break this but all my reasoning just confirms it and just goes deeper and deeper into trouble...I also have been hoping and praying for a positive supernatural thing from God to tell me this isn't true and it's not too late for me... I had a few in the past but they were immediately followed by things that were negative and seemed to cancel them, recently nothing positive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0