Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am just so confused. I've read Revelation. Now I'm studying it. It's taken me a couple of months of daily study to get to chapter 6 and it's here that we encounter the Antichrist. I was surprised that the guy on the white horse that showed up when the first seal is broken is NOT Christ. The first time I read Revelation I just assumed that it was. Now that I'm reading again I can see that it's clear that he is the Antichrist.

Fine

So suddenly I get to thinking, there are 3 terrifying creatures in the book. There is the Antichrist, who I assume will be the political leader. Then there is the False Prophet that I thought would be the leader of the one world religion and finally the Beast. I never understood WHAT the Beast was except a terrifying creature.

Now I'm thinking, could they all be the same person (creature)? Like in small towns sometimes a shopkeeper might also be the mayor?

So apparently I just don't understand. Could somebody shed some light on this and please bear in mind that I haven't been a Christian for a long time so my understanding of the Bible is not as deep and profound as your's might be.

I've read the entirety of the Bible but now I'm going back for depth.

Thank you in advance

One possible explanation for the rider on the first white horse is a Christian political Cyrus who will fulfill Isaiah chapters 42 - 46. Isaiah 45:1,4,5 indicate that this leader cannot refer to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

Isaiah 45:1 (KJV)

Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isa 45:4

For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:"

It is impossible to say that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus did not know the Father.... so this must be somebody else....... A man from Uganda over five years ago wrote a good article on this that I thought was highly logical.

Eporu Ronald Alfred

Kakira Deliverance Church,
P.O. Box 3191, Kakira, Jinja, Uganda

Dear brethren,
I salute you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

RE: SHARING NEW DISCOVERIES OF THE TRUTH IN BIBLE PROPHECY CONCERNING THE IMMINENT HEALING AND UNITY OF THE CHURCH

I am mesmerized by the truth in bible prophecy that the Spirit of God has been revealing over the recent years. Secret things belong to God and those that are revealed belong to us and our children... (Deut 29: 29).

1. King Cyrus the great ruled his country 555 years Before Christ i.e. from 576 BC to 530 BC and authorised the rebuilding of the second temple in Jerusalem. Cyrus of the Old Testament is hence associated with the number 555 and is the shadow figure of incoming Cyrus II of the New Testament. You may learn more about his history from the internet and scriptures. This new truth enables us to identify the leadership of the world that will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem as prophesied in book of Isaiah before the rise of antichrist. Cyrus II is coming to revive the evangelical/Pentecostal church in Jerusalem and restore the headquarters of the church in same city where the church was born. He is set to strip Babylon of the vessels of the temple and the name of the Lord God and transfer that crown back to Jerusalem thus leaving Babylon naked. Cyrus will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem in fulfilment of the prophecy of Jesus as written in the book of John 2:18-23 and the prophecy of Isaiah as written in chapters 40, 41, 45 and 47 of the book of Isaiah. Jesus regarded the temple as the symbol of his own body while saying that he had the power to lay it down on the first day (1st millennium) and rebuild or raise it up on the 3rd day (3rd millennium). Remember that one day in the eyes of God is the same as one thousand years (millennium) as stated in book of 2 Peter 3:8. Rebuilding of the temple is thus associated with unification of the church.

Cyrus II will rebuild the temple in honour of our lord Jesus Christ. The temple will be the unifying (rallying) point of the world wide evangelical church as the original headquarters of the church. Psalms133 denotes that there is such a powerful anointing that comes along with unity among brethren. Unification of the whole body of Jesus Christ will make the church so powerful that she will overrun the world within a short time before the return of our lord Jesus Christ. A divided church is a powerless church whereas a united church is a powerful church. The church can only be able to fulfil her ultimate mission of revealing Jesus to the world once we get united as one body of Jesus Christ following his last prayer for his disciples as written in John 17:20-23.

Cyrus II will erase that false image of Jesus that the counterfeit and Idolatrous state church of Babylon has been projecting around the world and revive the original church that projects the true brilliant image of Jesus Christ. Haggai 2:9 says that the glory of the latter church (temple) will be greater than the glory of the former church (temple).The rise of Cyrus will also usher in the ultimate fulfilment of the prophecy of Joel 2:28 where God intends to pour out His Spirit on all flesh in these last days. The era of Cyrus brings the gentile period of grace to its close and leads to the restoration of the Jewish period of grace and salvation.

2. King Manasseh was the shadow figure (forerunner) of the antichrist in the Old Testament who ruled over Jerusalem exactly 666 years Before Christ i.e. from 697 BC to 642 BC. (2 chronicle 33: 1-2 and 2 kings 21: 1-17). Antichrist is associated with the number 666 as written in the book of Revelation 13:18. Manasseh was the most evil king to have ever ruled over the city of Jerusalem and kingdom of Judah.

Manasseh is reported to have killed so many innocent people in Jerusalem that the streets of Jerusalem were flowing with blood; he worshiped pagan idols and stars; he built pagan alters for idols and stars in the very courtyards of the temple; he sacrificed his sons to idols; he consulted diviners and mediums; he even set up an abominable pagan image at the temple that causes desolation just as the incoming antichrist will do. It was on that basis that God decided to have that first temple destroyed completely since Manasseh had desecrated it.

3. Prophet Jonah was the shadow figure (forerunner) of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament who undertook his prophetic ministry around 777 B.C. Prophet Jonah is hence associated with the number 777. He arose from the shadow and demise of Prophet Elisha. His preaching radiated such great power and authority that turned the city of Nineveh as the rising super power of that time up side down within 3 days only (read the book of Jonah). Jonah was the prophetic force behind the restoration of the lost territories of Israel in the reign of King Jeroboam II of Israel between 782 BC and 741 BC as written in II Kings 14:25. Jonah related with God more or less as his own father and God loved him more or less as His own son. He volunteered to die save occupants of the ship and was raised to life after three days just like Jesus Christ. Jesus compared himself with Jonah as his forerunner in the Old Testament as far as his earthly ministry, death and resurrection was concerned in Mathew 12; 38-41, Luke 11; 29-32. Jesus will also oversee the restoration of the lost territories of Israel just like prophet Jonah when he comes to rule as the king of kings and Lord of Lords. We can therefore correctly associate Jesus Christ with the number 777 just like Jonah as our commander-in-chief, Lord of the Sabbath and fountain of life.

The more we know where we came from the more we know where we are going. You are cordially invited to visit my face book home page for more information and messages. Feel free to share this truth with other brethren just as I received it free of charge from God.

Your brother in Christ

Eporu Ronald
Scientist & Minister of Bible Prophecy

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am just so confused. I've read Revelation. Now I'm studying it. It's taken me a couple of months of daily study to get to chapter 6 and it's here that we encounter the Antichrist. I was surprised that the guy on the white horse that showed up when the first seal is broken is NOT Christ. The first time I read Revelation I just assumed that it was. Now that I'm reading again I can see that it's clear that he is the Antichrist.

The Four Horsemen are the same guy, the first four seals represent the rise of the Antichrist. The fifth seal reveal the martyrs beneath the alter asking how long will God wait to avenge their blood. The sixth seal is cataclysmic wrath and they all hide in the dens and caves of the rocks to hid from the 'Lamb'. In the opening scenes the Antichrist is seen as the World Conqueror, followed by World War, World Famine and finally World Plague. It's all the same guy but at the same time he is raising an army and creating a terrible mess.

It sounds like a campaign, Napoleon was suspected in his day of being the Antichrist. His reign didn't start out with battles and conquest, it actually started out with parades and ceremonies. Eventually all of Europe was drawn into terrible conflict but it started with Napoleon rallying the crowds to what they imagined would be a glorious conquest. It goes from a kind of triumphant procession, the Antichrist sporting the bow which is some kind of a ballistic weapon. It reminds me of the parades by the Soviets and North Koreans driving their missiles as part of a parade. War doesn't come until the second seal, a great sword is given him, which seems to imply not ballistic missiles but the sword is an infantry weapon. In the wake of a third of the people of earth now dead, famine and rationing are indicated by the scale that measures out wheat and barley for a days wages. That sounds like slave labor. Always in the wake of war there is cataclysmic devastation, the fourth horseman devastation is at an unparalleled level.

So suddenly I get to thinking, there are 3 terrifying creatures in the book. There is the Antichrist, who I assume will be the political leader. Then there is the False Prophet that I thought would be the leader of the one world religion and finally the Beast. I never understood WHAT the Beast was except a terrifying creature.

The beast from the sea is a kingdom with then horns, the Antichrist are one of it's kings, the little horn.

Now I'm thinking, could they all be the same person (creature)? Like in small towns sometimes a shopkeeper might also be the mayor?

Something like that, did you know he is never called the Antichrist in the Revelation? The original scene of the beast is the monster rising out of the sea. Later the sea is described as people, tongues, people and nations. This is the monster that man made in rebellion against God. This beast exists today but it is restrained from doing all it wants to do. In the tribulation God simply unleashes it the way God brings out sin as an act of judgment.

So apparently I just don't understand. Could somebody shed some light on this and please bear in mind that I haven't been a Christian for a long time so my understanding of the Bible is not as deep and profound as your's might be.

Thank you in advance

I have always enjoyed seeing what new Christians come up with when studying the Scriptures for the first time. Bear in mind just as you first had to realize your a sinner to accept the message of the gospel God exposes sin in the world before bringing his wrath. Everything in the first six seals can be explained in human and natural terms, all God has to do is stop restraining it.

The devastation unleashed with the opening of the sixth seal has this curious description:

The stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. (Rev. 6:13,14)​

That sounds a lot like ICBMs, of course there are other explanations but the heavens receding like a scroll, stars falling from heaven. One has to wonder, with the devastation with so many ground forces could the nations be resorting to nuclear strikes, the rest of the description perhaps describing nuclear winter. It could account for why they are in the dens and caves of the rocks, fall out bunkers perhaps?

What is puzzling here is how they know this is the wrath of the Lamb, especially if the cataclysm of the sixth seal are man made weapons. Unless of course, the martyrs slain in the Antichrists bloody inaugural rampage prophesied the cataclysm that would follow. Whether the church is raptured before this happens or not, there is a witness, the literal meaning of martyr, that proclaims the Word of God in the midst of persecution.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
John the Baptist was on the isle of Patmos?

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
John died early in the ministry of Jesus, that's absurd.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Christian political Cyrus assists the Jewish people to rebuild the Jerusalem Third Temple which seems to happen before..... Zechariah 14 can occur.

The anti-Christ guy seems to come to power and stops the Jewish people from doing sacrifices after they have already done sacrifices for 42 months. Those next 42 months seem to be the Great Tribulation..... but the last twelve months seem to also be the Day of the Lord.

That is my understanding so far.

Many Christians agree that a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit is coming soon:

Do you believe a massive Holy Spirit tsunami is coming?

Is an outpouring of the Holy Spirit coming soon?
Edit

1. We already got it on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.
    9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. *
    Yes, a MUCH greater outpouring is coming soon!
    34 vote(s)
    54.8%

3. ! think that things will continue pretty much as they are now!
    12 vote(s)
    19.4%

4. No, I think that the dark side of the force is taking over until 2nd coming!
    11 vote(s)
    17.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Fine

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0

Lee Stuvmen

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
✟30,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John the Baptist was on the isle of Patmos?

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John the Baptist was beheaded by a king that DID NOT WANT to behead him.

John the Apostle

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Christian political Cyrus assists the Jewish people to rebuild the Jerusalem Third Temple which seems to happen before..... Zechariah 14 can occur.

The anti-Christ guy seems to come to power and stops the Jewish people from doing sacrifices after they have already done sacrifices for 42 months. Those next 42 months seem to be the Great Tribulation..... but the last twelve months seem to also be the Day of the Lord.
Hi Dennis, the four horsemen of Apocalypse - the first is a Christian? To assist the Jews to rebuild the temple? Cyrus was prophesied to do so. We don't have any prophecy in the bible of a Christian person to do such a thing.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
no, he is the first john -
the second and the third were
You lost me. I have no idea what you are trying to communicate.

The John on the isle of Patmos in Revelation was John the apostle. John the Baptist was beheaded in the early parts of Jesus ministry. John the Baptist is not associated with Revelation.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Dennis, the four horsemen of Apocalypse - the first is a Christian? To assist the Jews to rebuild the temple? Cyrus was prophesied to do so. We don't have any prophecy in the bible of a Christian person to do such a thing.

The time is coming fast when Christians will begin to look at the words of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus more clearly........

One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?

Is it impossible for Zechariah 14 to happen before........ the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple..... and sacrifices being offered for 3.5 years??????

Do we Christians fear the coming of the anti-Christ.... more than we desire the fulfillment of Zechariah 14 and all of the other astonishing prophecies in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The John on the isle of Patmos in Revelation was John the apostle. John the Baptist was beheaded in the early parts of Jesus ministry. John the Baptist is not associated with the transmission of Revelation.

John the Baptist did reveal Jesus to be the Lamb of God

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Beast = Islam, not some revived Roman Empire, EU, nor any group of western nations, nor is Russia the Beast.
Rev. 20:4 reveals their signature, chopping off heads.
Their mark is the Islamic symbol worn by the jihad terrorist's on their sleeve or foreheads.
The Beast has seven heads (nations) and ten horns (leaders), three of which have been plucked -- most likely, Sadaam Hussein, Mubarek and Qadhafi. One little horn ( probably from Sryia) will emerge. Could be ISIS leader ...???
The antichrist will unite these nations to attack Israel. They've always been anti-Semitic and antichrists throughout history.
The 7 seals of the scroll were already opened when Christ arrived in heaven. This is like a play, written orders that do not begin until the stage is set and the trumpets start to blow which may begin during the next Feast of Trumpets ( see the sign in the heavens that will occur on 9-23-17 in Rev. 12:1)
The book is so confusing because people try to read it chronologically - it can't work that way. Many parts are different vantage points. It is like a sphere of events, things accumulate and overlap.

There are many views with prominent scholars on each side insisting on their Pre-Trip, Post-Trib, Mid-Trib, Amillennial and Prederist views and they will go to their grave with it. I was drawn to eschatology since I became a Christian in 1991. I can tell you that we are very close to the Lord's return, could be next month or could be three years, but to think life is just going to go on in a sinful world for eons without end would be depressing because _ currently _ the world is on the edge, this country is on the edge. There is so much hate and corruption all the way to the top and debt beyond repair, so God must intervene soon, we are on the precipice of history. Good and evil will soon be separated. This is our glorious hope, the Second Coming of our Lord. Eternal Salvation, our ressurection draws near. Amen

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Grant R. Jeffrey Ph. D. does a great job of filling us in on some important parts of church history that most of us have forgotten......

"The Sacrificial System Will Continue

One of the most perplexing ideas to students of Scripture is the idea that God intends that the annual feasts, along with animal sacrifice, will continue into the Millennium. Many Christians who have studied the prophetic portions of Zechariah 14, Isaiah 66, and Ezekiel 40 - 48, which clearly describe these Millennial worship ordinations, are confused by the idea. They ask, "Didn't the sacrifice of Christ eliminate animal sacrifices forever?"

............"Only the complete sacrifice of Jesus could ever totally atone for our sins. However, God clearly demanded the sacrifices from Adam to Christ. Those sacrifices were acts of obedience to the direct command of God, as well as acknowledgements of one's own personal sinfulness and need for God's forgiveness. Animal sacrifices covered the sins of the people temporarily until the prophesied Messiah would come and offer Himself once and for all as the necessary atonement for sin. If animal sacrifice can never atone for sin, why would God allow Israel to resume such sacrifice in the Third Temple, prior to Armageddon, and then demand that Israel continue such sacrifice in the Millennium? There are two reasons why I believe this is true."

First, the early Jewish - Christian Church continued to offer sacrifices in the first century.".......

.......Second, New Testament writers used the legal sacrificial system to illustrate very important points concerning Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.......

..... These examples of the way early Jewish believers used God's law to teach great love when He sacrificed His only Son on the cross will be repeated during the Millennium." (Grant R. Jeffrey, Messiah, War in the Middle East and the Road to Armageddon, page 317, 318 and 319)

Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why does john introduce himself three times in the first chapter?
the first is the baptist -
the second is the apostle -
the third is chrysostom -
just the last two were known to be in ephesus

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that the Anti-Christ guy kicks sincere Jewish priests out of the restored Jerusalem Temple after they do sacrifices for 42 months... then the sacrifices cease for 42 months. Then Zechariah 14 can happen..... quite literally.

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies."

I am thinking that the voice of the LORD cannot be heard in H-s temple.... until there is a Jerusalem Third Temple???

This has metaphorical value as well....... .but the metaphorical understanding does not rule out a literal fulfillment as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?
In Luke 13:35, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord....

Jesus was not talking about Ezekiel, but himself. And he certainly wasn't talking about the church being desolate. Jesus was prophesying the destruction of the temple in 70AD... for Jerusalem rejecting him as their King.

In context...

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Go to Luke 19 as Jesus was about to enter Jerusalem that last passover week...

37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - will be a saying by them in Jerusalem to Jesus at his second coming. It is not talking about Ezekiel.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
why does john introduce himself three times in the first chapter?
the first is the baptist -
the second is the apostle -
the third is chrysostom -
just the last two were known to be in ephesus
the first is the baptist - verse?
the second is the apostle - verse?
the third is chrysostom - verse?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In Luke 13:35, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord....

Jesus was not talking about Ezekiel, but himself. And he certainly wasn't talking about the church being desolate. Jesus was prophesying the destruction of the temple in 70AD... for Jerusalem rejecting him as their King.

In context...

34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!

35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Go to Luke 19 as Jesus was about to enter Jerusalem that last passover week...

37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord - will be a saying by them in Jerusalem to Jesus at his second coming. It is not talking about Ezekiel.

I do agree that that was the primary and immediate meaning of the words of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus but........
1980 years later.... .and we can use these words to see some aspects of the Scribe and the Pharisee within ourselves....... because we are only human and we all fall into those ways of thinking.

You and I do not fully comprehend how Jewish Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus really was..... We do not understand how Jewish the disciples were.... How Jewish the 120 gathered at PENTECOST really were........... and how Jewish the Messianic Jewish movement of the first century was until the Bar Kochba Revolt divided Messianic Jews from Rabbinic Jews in a huge way.......

Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the first is the baptist - verse?
the second is the apostle - verse?
the third is chrysostom - verse?
the first john 'who bare record'
the second 'to the seven churches'
the third 'who is your brother' (this john refers to himself as I john)

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do agree that that was the primary and immediate meaning of the words of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus but........
1980 years later.... .and we can use these words to see some aspects of the Scribe and the Pharisee within ourselves....... because we are only human and we all fall into those ways of thinking.

You and I do not fully comprehend how Jewish Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus really was..... We do not understand how Jewish the disciples were.... How Jewish the 120 gathered at PENTECOST really were........... and how Jewish the Messianic Jewish movement of the first century was until the Bar Kochba Revolt divided Messianic Jews from Rabbinic Jews in a huge way.......
I am trying to read between the lines to understand your logic regarding the rider on the white horse. Are you saying the rider on the white horse will be a Christian, but a messianic in particular?

Upvote 0