Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am just so confused. I've read Revelation. Now I'm studying it. It's taken me a couple of months of daily study to get to chapter 6 and it's here that we encounter the Antichrist. I was surprised that the guy on the white horse that showed up when the first seal is broken is NOT Christ. The first time I read Revelation I just assumed that it was. Now that I'm reading again I can see that it's clear that he is the Antichrist.

Fine

So suddenly I get to thinking, there are 3 terrifying creatures in the book. There is the Antichrist, who I assume will be the political leader. Then there is the False Prophet that I thought would be the leader of the one world religion and finally the Beast. I never understood WHAT the Beast was except a terrifying creature.

Now I'm thinking, could they all be the same person (creature)? Like in small towns sometimes a shopkeeper might also be the mayor?

So apparently I just don't understand. Could somebody shed some light on this and please bear in mind that I haven't been a Christian for a long time so my understanding of the Bible is not as deep and profound as your's might be.

I've read the entirety of the Bible but now I'm going back for depth.

Thank you in advance
Rik, I am 68 and have been doing what you are starting to do for 45 years, since my early twenty's. What's your questions?

The Antichrist is the rider on the white horse, yes. He is given a crown. Meaning he has been anointed the King of Israel. That's what makes him "the Antichrist".

Take the prefix anti - place it before Christ. Christ - the promised great King of Israel to lead Israel and the world into the messianic age of peace and safety among other things.

Go to Mark 15:32, ...."Christ the king of Israel"..... Jesus is the rightful King of Israel, but was rejected by his own people. The Antichrist will be the another in John 5, that the Jews will embrace as their King of Israel. The Antichrist - the coming King of Israel, instead of and against (anti) the true and rightful King of Israel - Jesus. That's what you need to get in your head.

Jews are looking for that king right now.... they call him the mashiach. From Judaism 101.com, on the mashiach...

The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.

________________________________________________________________________________

To save you some time, Revelation, the first three chapters are to tell Christians how to behave until Jesus second coming. Chapters 4 and 5 John is prepared to see the end times surrounding Jesus return.

Chapter 6, Jesus begins, John is shown an overview of the 7 years, beginning with the rider on the white horse - the Antichrist. The rest of Revelation to chapter 20 is about the 7 years and the second half of the 7 years. The person is NOT the Antichrist any longer for the second half of the 7 years. He has become the beast during that second half.

So get that out of you mind, calling the person the Antichrist, when it says beast. He is in a different role, that of being the beast (first beast of Revelation 13). The second beast is the false prophet - a completely separate person.

Upvote 0

toberebornn

Jul 27, 2017
USA
✟14,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a few interpretations on the antichrist:
1. He's going to be the "Jewish Messiah"- the one who the Synagogue of Satan follows
2. He's going to be the Muslim Mahdi- also a very valid interpretation
3. He's going to be some secular force that preaces peace
4. He's going to be a person who will preach One Religion/New World Order
5. pope (either the Papacy was false all along/a false pope will arise)

Oh, and Faith- Vatican Hill sits outside of historical Rome, built on a hill that is not one of the seven hills of Rome. Rome and Nero are prefigurements of Babylon and the antichrist. This is what I love about Revelation- it was relevant to the churches when John wrote it, has been relevant throughtout history, and will be completely fulfilled in the future.
Pax :blueheart:

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
don't worry about it - many here are confused about it but either don't know it or just won't admit it - keep studying it and keep asking questions - I have been doing it for over 20 years - I am an historicist and believe about 90% of it is already history - I will answer some of your questions in the my next post

Agree

Reactions: victorinus
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the seven churches as ages/congregations as outlined in Revelation...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20

Seven stars - Like seven constellations, in which billions of stars may make up the whole - All held in the right hand of Christ Jesus
Seven candlesticks - The seven churches listed above
Seven seals - Each congregation will be sealed in the book of life

full

Four is the number of the earth and not a complete number....

Four Reichs - There will be four to lead Europe
Four horseman - Four regimes...

White horse - Democracy
Red Horse - Communism
Black Horse - Militant Islam
Pale Horse - The Anti-Christ

The bible says that the day of Christ will not come until the son of perdition, the Anti-Christ is revealed, and there be a great falling away... I believe that day is real close!

The seven seals in Revelation chapter 6 deal with the book of life, in which Christ only has the authority to open. After that...

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; - Revelation 7:9

Indicating that the day of Christ has come to pass. Now we are ready for the reign of the anti-Christ, the seven trumpets and the seven vials.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am just so confused. I've read Revelation. Now I'm studying it. It's taken me a couple of months of daily study to get to chapter 6 and it's here that we encounter the Antichrist. I was surprised that the guy on the white horse that showed up when the first seal is broken is NOT Christ. The first time I read Revelation I just assumed that it was. Now that I'm reading again I can see that it's clear that he is the Antichrist.

Fine

So suddenly I get to thinking, there are 3 terrifying creatures in the book. There is the Antichrist, who I assume will be the political leader. Then there is the False Prophet that I thought would be the leader of the one world religion and finally the Beast. I never understood WHAT the Beast was except a terrifying creature.

Now I'm thinking, could they all be the same person (creature)? Like in small towns sometimes a shopkeeper might also be the mayor?

So apparently I just don't understand. Could somebody shed some light on this and please bear in mind that I haven't been a Christian for a long time so my understanding of the Bible is not as deep and profound as your's might be.

Thank you in advance
Rick, here is the basic framework for launching into your quest. What you need to do is build an end times scenario - much like if your were going to make a movie of it, in your head.

1. Focus on the arch villain of the end times

2. Start studying the timeline of the end times.

And put the arch villain's activities and changing roles on that timeline.

the person will be in different roles.
the little horn - Daniel 7
the prince who shall come - Daniel 9
the Antichrist- the rider on the white horse - Revelation 6
the revealed man of sin - 2thessalonians2:4
the beast (first beast) - Revelation 13

The timeline - 7 years long, Daniel 9:27

in first half
1260 days - Revelation 11:3, 12:6

in second half

3 1/2 days - Revelation 11:11
42 months - Revelation 11:2, 13:5
time, times, half times - Revelation 12:14, Daniel 7:25, 12:7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Fine

Thank you in advance

Many commentators see the first beast referring to both the Antichrist and the kingdom which he rules... note that the word "Antichrist" does not appear in Revelation. The false prophet is the 1st beast's prophet... the religious leader of the "Mystery Babylon" religion, whatever it ends up being.

I encourage you to go ahead and study Revelation, for it promises a blessing on those who hear and keep it's prophecies, and John is commanded not to seal the book

Upvote 0

Lee Stuvmen

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
✟30,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. Focus on the arch villain of the end times

2. Start studying the timeline of the end times.
it is not about the end times -
it is about the first coming -
john the baptist wrote it to prepare the way -
it was later updated by the apostle to deal with the baptist followers in ephesus

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
it is not about the end times -
it is about the first coming -
john the baptist wrote it to prepare the way -
it was later updated by the apostle to deal with the baptist followers in ephesus
John the baptist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bad advice. Revelation is the bottom line. And every new Christians should jump right into Revelation.

No revelation is not the bottom line for Christianity, it is a very complicated book that few Christians agree on how to understand it and for a newChristian to be studying it on his own is not a good idea. Far better to get a solid understand of the gospel and the letters and to join a study group looking at revelation.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No revelation is not the bottom line for Christianity, it is a very complicated book that few Christians agree on how to understand it and for a newChristian to be studying it on his own is not a good idea. Far better to get a solid understand of the gospel and the letters and to join a study group looking at revelation.
It is the bottomline, Jesus's Second Coming, the end of this age, the beginning of the millenium, then eternity. Revelation ties everything together. A person cannot have an understanding of the bible and life apart from it.

Every new Christian, and old Christian, should dive right into it.

Does the bible say join a study group? Actually that can really mess a person up.

Jesus said the Holy Spirit leads into all truth. Walk with God.

Open the bible, go to Revelation, start reading. Start digging, researching, seeking to understand it.
Pray to God that He will open the understanding to you.

• Winner
Reactions: Lee Stuvmen
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus's words are the most important thing to concentrate on in the Bible.
Jesus's words are spirit and they are life. Jesus Himself revealed Revelation to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Fine

Thank you in advance
I have a Thread that Explains Babylon, the Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast and I will link it at the bottom. For starters, you can understand Revelation fairly easily if you remember 2 things, don't listen to every Tom, Dick and Harry, especially on here, they will confuse you because most of them are confused, look at the many different answers you get. Secondly, Revelation is one big CODE BOOK, and its encoded with the Old Testament, once that sinks in you have the key to understanding the book. For example, The Woman in Rev. 12 can only be solved by reading Genesis 37:9, go read it and then tell me who is the Woman, Israel or the Church? That should be easy. Out of 404 verses in Revelation 289 have Old Testament Verbiage in them.

Now as per the BEAST, it is not Satan, Rev. 20:10 tells us it can not be him. The BEAST and the False Prophet await the Devil/Satan in hell when he is cast into hell after being in the bottomless pit for 1000 years.

Rev. 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the BEAST and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The BEAST is not Satan, many will tell you different but they are pretty much clueless, as the scriptures above show. Daniel 7 tells us what a BEAST is, it is any nation that Conquers, Enslaves or Rules Israel. Thus in Rev. 13 we see in the Seven Headed Beast the Lion (Babylon) Leopard (Greece) and the Bear (Persia) mentioned because John/Jesus wants us to know this Seven Headed Beast is the same TYPE of BEAST. Only four were mentioned in Daniel, but of course TWO had come before Daniel's time on earth. So Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia and Greece are the 5 who had FALLEN in Rev. ch. 17, and ROME was the one that WAS/IS at the time John wrote Revelation, and of course the Anti-Christ/Little Horn is the one that WILL COME LATER. When he Conquers Jerusalem then and ONLY THEN does he become a BEAST. (42 Months). So lets look at the verses in Rev. 17 that mention this event.

Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings:FIVE are fallen (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia and Greece) and ONE IS (Rome), and the OTHER (Little Horn/Anti-Christ) is NOT YET COME; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

The BEAST that WAS and IS NOT, is the 8th King and is of the Seven. This is what confuses many. This is only a Demonic Being placed in charge of Destroying Israel he is OF THE SEVEN because he is over them all, he is a "Principality in High Places" so to speak which Paul spoke of. He is not a physical being nor a physical kingdom, there are only Seven of those, hence the Seven Headed Beast.

The Last BEAST is the only Beast with starts a Kingdom and FALLS....The other Kingdoms were started by a King and had a King that was at the helm when they lost power, this BEAST will have no successor, he will be cast straight into hell when he is defeated. See Daniel 7:11 and Rev. 19:20. He is a Gentile Leader/King hence he comes out of the SEA.

The False Prophet comes out of the LAND (Israel) so it is my belief he is a Rabbi of some sort, a False Prophet who works Miracles and points to a False Messiah, even as most of Israel has accepted Jesus as their Messiah like Malachi 4:5-6, and Zechariah 12:10, 13:1 says will happen.

The Dragon is Satan, the Serpent.

Babylon, The Harlot and the Seven Headed Beast Explained

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He did. He revealed what was going to happen in the Apostles generation
The gospels and epistles present fragments of the completed picture. Revelation is by Jesus - the ALMIGHTY. It completes the picture FOR ALL OF CREATION, which the other pieces must fit.

Them in heaven wept because no-one was worthy to open the seals - until Jesus appeared in the midst of the throne.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
it was the Lamb and john the baptist is the only one to refer to the Lamb
John the Baptist was on the isle of Patmos?

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0