✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
fddc48854450aadab5ce96ed15155c8bb6cb9ea1d1c0af1d8d8ea8c3537cdd61.png
What do you think? I think a fair assessment leads to the inevitable conclusion that there is a strong anti-white sentiment in the Guardian.

Given the strong culture of leukophobia among the press in the USA, I think it's a fair sentiment to say anti-whiteness is a problem. Stuff like this is symptomatic.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
About what?

I feel like I'm missing something here.
What do you think of them simultaneously telling whites to make their population decline by having fewer children, then telling them they need to import non-whites to make up for the population decline?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
What do you think of them simultaneously telling whites to make their population decline by having fewer children, then telling them they need to import non-whites to make up for the population decline?

I think you're grasping at straws.

The first one is just from a study saying that one way to cut down on climate emissions is to have less children. It doesn't say 'white children'. I'm black,and if there were black kids in that picture, that wouldn't be the conclusion I'd draw. I'd think they just picked a random picture of babies for their story.

As for the second, it doesn't say they need to import more 'non-whites'. It just says 'immigrants'. Immigrants can be any race.

So yeah, I think you're grasping at straws.

Also they're not 'simultaneously' saying anything. These articles were made 18 months apart.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
You are reading in between the lines here. It says nothing about race, yet you assume that it is, based on the skin color of the babies. Your jumping to conclusions give the sheep a run for their money.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The fact that you are making it all about colour is noted.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think? I think a fair assessment leads to the inevitable conclusion that there is a strong anti-white sentiment in the Guardian.

Given the strong culture of leukophobia among the press in the USA, I think it's a fair sentiment to say anti-whiteness is a problem. Stuff like this is symptomatic.

None of those articles show any bias against whites. There is racism against blacks by the far right, and there is racism against whites by the far left. Neither of these represent the mainstream culture. There is, and always will be, wingnuts in this universe.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, I'm not seeing anyyhing in the first article directed towards whites...

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I think you have a persecution complex.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one seems to be telling Somali immigrants to help the earth by having fewer children. Our society, in general, seems to tend towards "that's so cute!" when it comes to large immigrant familes, especially if they're Muslim, and on the other hand "that's so irresponsible!" when Middle class White, Christian families do the same. I've just noticed that.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I fail to see the link between the two...

First, these posts (if you look at the time stamps) are almost 18 months apart.

Second, the articles themselves put things into context (a context that can't be understood just by reading headlines and looking at the pics from a social media feed)

Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children

Refugee influx helps halt decline in Germany's population

Two completely different editorial articles written by two authors with completely different areas of focus.

The "fight climate change" article was written by Damian Carrington
Damian Carrington is the Guardian's Environment editor

The "German population" article was written by Alberto Nardelli
Alberto Nardelli is the data editor at the Guardian.

I don't think it's surprising that an environmental writer and a statistician would have two different points of focus and perspective

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one seems to be telling Somali immigrants to help the earth by having fewer children. Our society, in general, seems to tend towards "that's so cute!" when it comes to large immigrant families, especially if they're Muslim, and on the other hand "that's so irresponsible!" when Middle class White, Christian families do the same. I've just noticed that.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any specific examples or statistics to substantiate your claim? I ask because I've never heard of such a thing. As a Christian mother of eight children myself, I've never been told in all the 20+ years of being a mother that it's irresponsible of me and my husband to have this many children. We've always been encouraged and admired for having a large family. Admittedly, I have heard people criticizing the Duggar family, but then again I do think having 20 children is a bit excessive. However, I'm not at all impressed with their ranting on and on about Christian values and morality, considering the intentional cover-up of the sexual scandals by their oldest son Josh, in an attempt to protect him from prosecution for being a perpetual sexual predator of young girls.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just out of curiosity, do you have any specific examples or statistics to substantiate your claim? I ask because I've never heard of such a thing. As a Christian mother of eight children myself, I've never been told in all the 20+ years of being a mother that it's irresponsible of me and my husband to have this many children. We've always been encouraged and admired for having a large family. Admittedly, I have heard people criticizing the Duggar family, but then again I do think having 20 children is a bit excessive. However, I'm not at all impressed with their ranting on and on about Christian values and morality, considering the intentional cover-up of the sexual scandals by their oldest son Josh, in an attempt to protect him from prosecution for being a perpetual sexual predator of young girls.

I do. I work with and for various Somali immigrant families. Four and five kids are common, and I've met a gentleman with seven kids. Society's response is generally accommodating and patient.

I have friends who are Mennonites, who have seven, eight, nine siblings. The unpleasant comments from strangers are something they deal with often. It's something to think about; from personal experience, I've noticed a different response to two separate groups of people who tend to have a lot of kids.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do. I work with and for various Somali immigrant families. Four and five kids are common, and I've met a gentleman with seven kids. Society's response is generally accommodating and patient.

Our society, or theirs?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our society, or theirs?

From what I've seen, ours.

Disclaimer; these families are precious and dear, and I'm not putting them down for being immigrants, or having lots of kids.

What I have seen is that large Muslim families immigrating from abroad get a good deal of help from the government in the form of food stamps and housing assistance. Their large families are treated as multi-cultural assets by public schools, and many of the adults work with me.

I have observed my Mennonite friends with similarly large families who do not rely on government assistance being accosted in public for being "irresponsible" and "ecologically selfish" for having more than two or three kids. I have heard jabs that suggest these women ought not to have so many kids.

The standard from what I have observed is not the same.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
From what I've seen, ours.

Disclaimer; these families are precious and dear, and I'm not putting them down for being immigrants, or having lots of kids.

Then what's the problem?

What I have seen is that large Muslim families immigrating from abroad get a good deal of help from the government in the form of food stamps and housing assistance. Their large families are treated as multi-cultural assets by public schools, and many of the adults work with me.

Sounds okay...

I have observed my Mennonite friends with similarly large families who do not rely on government assistance being accosted in public for being "irresponsible" and "ecologically selfish" for having more than two or three kids. I have heard jabs that suggest these women ought not to have so many kids.

Sounds like a whole lot of ignorance. Sorry to hear it.

The standard from what I have observed is not the same.

Is it the same people making both judgments?

Upvote 0