Anti-Trump Whistleblower Concealed Contacts With House Democrats From Inspector General

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "'Whistleblower' Commits Perjury", files: Anti-Trump Whistleblower Concealed Contacts With House Democrats From Inspector General

Michael Atkinson testified before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) that the anti-Trump complainant ... did not inform the ICIG in his complaint that he ... had already contacted Democratic staff working for Rep. Adam Schiff.
“I certify that all of the statements made in this complaint (including any continuation pages) are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief,” whistleblowers are required to attest. “I understand that, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 1001, a false statement or concealment of a material fact is a criminal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both.”

UPDATE: An official confirms the whistleblower failed to disclose prior contacts with House Democrats regarding the allegations of his August 12 complaint. The box in Part 3, Question 1 of the form regarding contacts with Congress or congressional committees was unchecked and left blank. The dates of those contacts were also not disclosed as required. And the specific members and committees that were contacted were likewise not disclosed in the section requiring that information
One has to wonder if the whistleblower was advised by Adam Schiff, or his staff, to not disclose the ongoing contacts. :scratch:

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From the "'Whistleblower' Commits Perjury", files: Anti-Trump Whistleblower Concealed Contacts With House Democrats From Inspector General

Michael Atkinson testified before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) that the anti-Trump complainant ... did not inform the ICIG in his complaint that he ... had already contacted Democratic staff working for Rep. Adam Schiff.
“I certify that all of the statements made in this complaint (including any continuation pages) are true, complete, and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief,” whistleblowers are required to attest. “I understand that, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 1001, a false statement or concealment of a material fact is a criminal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment for up to five years, or both.”

UPDATE: An official confirms the whistleblower failed to disclose prior contacts with House Democrats regarding the allegations of his August 12 complaint. The box in Part 3, Question 1 of the form regarding contacts with Congress or congressional committees was unchecked and left blank. The dates of those contacts were also not disclosed as required. And the specific members and committees that were contacted were likewise not disclosed in the section requiring that information
One has to wonder if the whistleblower was advised by Adam Schiff, or his staff, to not disclose the ongoing contacts. :scratch:
If Mr. Biden will be a 2020 candidate for US President, in the current climate, are familial financial ties to well-funded foreign firms in the national interest to investigate "completely & transparently" (or not)?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Still makes no difference to the substance of the allegations.

If you can’t attack the message, you attack the messenger. Been the standard GOP tactic for decades now.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still makes no difference to the substance of the allegations.
allegations?

You mean, former Ukraine chief prosecutor Shokin's allegations, over at least the past 6 months, that he was trying to investigate Burisma & Hunter Biden, when VP Biden got him fired ?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
allegations?

No, the allegations that Trump was seeking a quid pro quo regarding military aid and investigating the Bidens.

You mean, former Ukraine chief prosecutor Shokin's allegations, over at least the past 6 months, that he was trying to investigate Burisma & Hunter Biden, when VP Biden got him fired ?

I love how the bulk of the international community thinks that guy was a corrupt slimeball, but you... you've got the inside track on how he was an honest, hardworking public servant.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
sigh

"concealment of a material fact is a criminal offense"

I write a report about my car being stolen. I ask my local police station about where to file it. They say I should send it to the police station near where it happened. I do so.

The fact that I went first to a different police station is not a material fact about the theft of my car that needs to be in my report.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, the allegations that Trump was seeking a quid pro quo regarding military aid and investigating the Bidens.
Them having questionable connections, to foreign firms, worth billions of USD, has zero possible relevance, to the national interest & national 2020 (presidential) elections??

You acknowledge, that the President would run his campaign out of his own USD-denominated US bank account?

I love how the bulk of the international community thinks that guy was a corrupt slimeball, but you... you've got the inside track on how he was an honest, hardworking public servant.
The whole population of earth has heard Shokin making those claims all year, "I was trying to investigate Hunter Biden when VP Biden got me fired"

You have the inside track on how that is provably false?

Show us your evidence, please?

Otherwise... how about an investigation, to find out the truth, one way or another?

A "complete & transparent" investigation (to closely paraphrase the President's request) ?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sigh

"concealment of a material fact is a criminal offense"

I write a report about my car being stolen. I ask my local police station about where to file it. They say I should send it to the police station near where it happened. I do so.

The fact that I went first to a different police station is not a material fact about the theft of my car that needs to be in my report.
Then why's there a checkbox specifically for that fact on the form?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Conveniently, part 3 would appear to be classified, since it is not included in the DNI unclassified version of the document. Part 4 seems similar. "Please indicate in this section if you have filed your complaint with any other entity." WB did not file a complaint with Congress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Them having questionable connections, to foreign firms, worth billions of USD, has zero possible relevance, to the national interest & national 2020 (presidential) elections??

You acknowledge, that the President would run his campaign out of his own USD-denominated US bank account?

When I said it makes no difference to the substance of the allegations, the "it" to which I was referring was the whistleblower's neglecting to check a box on a form.

The whole population of earth has heard Shokin making those claims all year, "I was trying to investigate Hunter Biden when VP Biden got me fired"

You have the inside track on how that is provably false?

Show us your evidence, please?

No, I don't. But others have been following this more closely than you and me, and while I concede this is something of an appeal to authority, they all seem to be in agreement that Shokin is full of it.

Otherwise... how about an investigation, to find out the truth, one way or another?

Here you go:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e8d3fa-e68d-11e9-a6e8-8759c5c7f608_story.html

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Conveniently, part 3 would appear to be classified, since it is not included in the DNI unclassified version of the document. Part 4 seems similar. "Please indicate in this section if you have filed your complaint with any other entity." WB did not file a complaint with Congress.

I was wondering why there was no Part 3 on that form. I wonder what the heck could be on it that would be classified.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Trump didn't run his 2016 from his own USD-denominated US bank account and he won't be doing that in 2020, either.

Trump paying for his campaign is a lie that Trump made during his 2016 campaign that his supporters repeat, despite the plain truth that he was funded just like other politicians - through campaign contributions.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Why would one "have" to wonder such a fantasy?

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump didn't run his 2016 from his own USD-denominated US bank account and he won't be doing that in 2020, either.

Trump paying for his campaign is a lie that Trump made during his 2016 campaign that his supporters repeat, despite the plain truth that he was funded just like other politicians - through campaign contributions.
contributions from overseas?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't. But others have been following this more closely than you and me, and while I concede this is something of an appeal to authority, they all seem to be in agreement that Shokin is full of it.

Here you go:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e8d3fa-e68d-11e9-a6e8-8759c5c7f608_story.html
you acknowledge each of the following facts?
  1. the US President says 2016 election meddling may have come from Ukraine, and further investigation into the questionable Burisma oil conglomerate is warranted
  2. the international community says no, nothing to see there, don't bother
  3. you prefer the international community over the US president

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
  1. the US President says 2016 election meddling may have come from Ukraine, and further investigation into the questionable Burisma oil conglomerate is warranted

Our intelligence agencies, after a thorough review, concluded it was Russia. I absolutely trust our intelligence agencies more than I trust Trump, as Trump lies incessantly on every topic under the sun. He even believed Putin on over our intelligence agencies, using the logic that "Putin denied it very strongly" as if that meant something.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Let me be clear what data I'm basing these comments on: a posting here and a story in the Washington Post.

The post here says there was a box "Please indicate in this section if you have filed your complaint with any other entity." According to the Washington Post, the whistleblower had not filed the complaint with any other entity. Rather, he told a staff member that he had a serious concern and they discussed the proper way to report it. This does not constitute filing the complaint.

It doesn't appear that the Whistleblower did anything wrong. The Washington Post, however, criticizes Schiff when talking to reporters of being misleading in answering a question about the committee's contacts with the whistleblower. While this wasn't filing a report, and apparently the committee didn't know specifically what the report said, this was contact with the committee.

Trump will, of course, spin this into something more serious than it is.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes. With every fiber of my being, yes.

Trump is cartoonishly incurious, inclined towards conspiratorial thinking, and a compulsive, pathological liar. At this point, I would trust Madam Zelda and her crystal ball before I trusted him.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0