Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Mask Slackers of 1918

Check this out...

Same arguments then have been revived today...

Nobody has ever learned.

They wore masks but there was no social distancing and they probably forgot hand washing also. It is interesting that the Spanish flu started in Kansas, doesn't that make it the American flu. Or is that racist like calling covid19 the Chinese flu.

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They wore masks but there was no social distancing and they probably forgot hand washing also. It is interesting that the Spanish flu started in Kansas, doesn't that make it the American flu. Or is that racist like calling covid19 the Chinese flu.

They have no real clue how the Influenza outbreak started...just because it seemed to have given birth in Kansas doesn't mean much...it could have started anywhere else and been brought there. People were traveling a bunch already...
Look how fast this pandemic spread. Just a matter of weeks and it's around the whole globe and on every island. Granted it's much more transmissible than influenza...

Hand washing was already a thing for people by that time.
But another unique thing from that time period was sleeping with a window open to get fresh air at night...not too far off the track but interesting nonetheless.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have no real clue how the Influenza outbreak started...just because it seemed to have given birth in Kansas doesn't mean much...it could have started anywhere else and been brought there. People were traveling a bunch already...
Look how fast this pandemic spread. Just a matter of weeks and it's around the whole globe and on every island. Granted it's much more transmissible than influenza...

Hand washing was already a thing for people by that time.
But another unique thing from that time period was sleeping with a window open to get fresh air at night...not too far off the track but interesting nonetheless.

The big difference then seems to have been a lack of social distancing. All the pictures showed people crammed together. Far more people died in that Pandemic than are likely to die in this one but it was not really spoken about by the eldest relatives I had. Or maybe I was just not listening at the right moments

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The big difference then seems to have been a lack of social distancing. All the pictures showed people crammed together. Far more people died in that Pandemic than are likely to die in this one but it was not really spoken about by the eldest relatives I had. Or maybe I was just not listening at the right moments

This pandemic just hit 6 months ago if you count all of March. (I don't)
So we are just barely getting started with it.

Pandemics usually run at least 2 years...

So...get comfy.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Chicago
✟12,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just like the government taking away the right to personal autonomy as per the constitution is nothing new? Only now the government is doing a lot worse preventing people from being in close contact with each other which is something humans naturally do. It's about control.

Upvote 0