Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is the beginning of the tract, and with each successive post you will see the points I will be addressing. Please, I need your input on what I am saying. I need to be "to the point" (as I only have one page front&back to work with) but I need my message to also be "loud and clear".

One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic
Catholics Are Christians

Welcome to World Youth Day 2002. If you have not already been approached by someone trying to dissuade you from living the Catholic faith, chances are you will be before you leave Toronto. These people are "anti-Catholics" and they spread lies and vicious rumors about the Catholic Church in order to keep people from the Truth. They need our prayers, but in the meantime, their lies must be countered and their fallacies exposed. This tract exposes some of the more "common" of the anti-Catholic misinterpretations of Scripture that they try to use to trick Catholics off of the path of salvation. Remember, Jesus warned us about such people in the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 7, verse 15 when He said: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." Test everything that they say against Scripture and the teachings of the Church, established by Christ at Pentecost. If what they say contradicts, believe the Scriptures and the Church instead!

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Anti-Catholics will quote the following verse to you:

Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

And from this verse they will tell you that it is wrong for Catholics to call their priests "father". However, let us look at the writings of Paul, and see what he had to say on this very subject...

1 Corinthians 4:15
For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Philemon 1:10
I appeal to you for my child, Ones'imus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment.

** See also: Hebrews 12:9 and 1 Timothy 2:11 **

It is obvious that Paul had no problem referring to himself as a spiritual father to the Christians (which priests are to their Catholic congregations). Isn't this in contradiction to what the anti-Catholics tell you? It sure is a contradiction! Remember, the Bible teaches a consistent message, and if what the anti-Catholics tell you, and what the Bible says disagree, you do best to adhere to Scripture because it is breathed by God!

Do you ever wonder what anti-Catholics call their parents?

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Anti-Catholics frown upon the use of crucifixes because, according to them "Jesus isn't on the Cross anymore." Catholics of course, are fully aware that Jesus Christ is in heaven, with God the Father, however... Jesus' salvific mission was to become a man and die on the cross for our sins. Without Jesus' crucifixion, we would be unable to enter into Heaven.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified

1 Corinthians 1:23-24
But we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

It appears that preaching Christ crucified on the crucifix today is still a stumbling block.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
To take a look at the first page of the tract, go to the following link (you may need to hit the refresh button once you are there to get it to work):

http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/Slide1.jpg

*NOTE: You might have to copy this URL and paste it into a new browser window. Don't blame me, blame Yahoo *sigh* *

I apologize for the last bit of the 2nd point being fuzzy, but I had to drop down to 8 font to get it to fit and it appears that 8 font does not convert into jpeg format very well. Though, if you open it up into a graphics program you might be able to zoom into that area.

Let me know what you guys think!

Section 3 on the Eucharist is now completed:

http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/Slide2.jpg

Section 4 will be a section explaining how Catholics are 1)Born Again and 2)Saved (been saved, being saved, will be saved).

Feedback is appreciated folks. If I need to add anything, and trim anything else, let me know. Remember, these folks are going to target the future of our Church... our children and youth. I need to be as clear and as concise as possible!

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PS: Once I'm done making this tract, anyone who wants a copy (hard copy or PowerPoint file) may have it. I just ask that it is used for the instruction of Christians (Catholic and non-Catholic) into the true position of the Catholic Church on these several matters (as well as I can explain it... Lord have mercy on me).

Upvote 0

AlphaPhi

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
✟681.00
If you're creating a document for printing, Word is a much better option than PowerPoint. Word would let you have text from one page continue onto the next, and would likely print better. PowerPoint is for slideshows, not for printing tracts and the like. Being Microsoft software, its already pretty scuzzy, but you're kinda misusing an already weak program here.

Other than that, it looks good, but you're limiting your options by using PowerPoint.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by HisLamb
nyj, the link doesn't work at all for me. Says the page cannot be displayed. Hitting "refresh" does nothing.

Yah, you'll have to copy the link and paste it into a new browser. Don't blame me, blame Yahoo! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by nyj

Yah, you'll have to copy the link and paste it into a new browser. Don't blame me, blame Yahoo! :)

Ok, bear with me now. I'm not too swift with computers. What I did was copy the link and went to my home page. I then typed in the link. It took me to Yahoo, but they said that the page didn't exist.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by HisLamb

Ok, bear with me now. I'm not too swift with computers. What I did was copy the link and went to my home page. I then typed in the link. It took me to Yahoo, but they said that the page didn't exist.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Ok, try the following... go to the following page:

http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/apologetics.html

At the very top of that page you'll see me talk about WYD 2002. The " Page 1 | Page 2 " are links to pictures of the first two pages of the tract. Click on those... it should work.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To NYJ:

Two corrections to page 2 of your tract, if you wish:

In the part about the Eucharist, you say the Protestant Evangelists discuss Catholics and "idle worship."

Idle is to be at rest; IDOL is the graven image of worship.

And the word "judgment" only has one "E".

Other than those, I was very impressed with your tract!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by nyj

Ok, try the following... go to the following page:

http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/apologetics.html

At the very top of that page you'll see me talk about WYD 2002. The " Page 1 | Page 2 " are links to pictures of the first two pages of the tract. Click on those... it should work.

Thank you! ;) I couldn't read it all...very small type, but what I could see, I liked alot. God bless you for what you are doing. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
JeffreyLloyd said:
Still have these tracts nyj?

Yep. Which reminds me, someone said they'd convert them to .PDF files for me, I need to avail myself of that. They're PowerPoint presentations at the moment. Want me to email them to you later?

Upvote 0

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟53,491.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
nyj said:
Yep. Which reminds me, someone said they'd convert them to .PDF files for me, I need to avail myself of that. They're PowerPoint presentations at the moment. Want me to email them to you later?

Please! Sorry I forgot all about this thread!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.