Anti-abortion GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker paid for abortion?

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
'Do you care about family values?': Walker's son denounces father's campaign

The son of Republican Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker on Tuesday continued his social media attack against his father in a series of new videos, labeling Walker’s behavior on the campaign trail as “atrocious.”

“Family values, people? He has four kids, four different women, wasn’t in the house raising one of them,” Christian Walker said in a tweeted video. “He was out having sex with other women. Do you care about family values?”

Christian Walker also accused his father of lying when he denied a Daily Beast report published Monday that Herschel Walker had once paid for a girlfriend’s abortion. The Senate candidate, who has adopted an unyielding stance against abortion rights while on the campaign trail, on Monday threatened to sue the Daily Beast after it published the report.

“I never asked anyone to get an abortion. I never paid for an abortion, and it’s a lie. And I’m going to continue to fight,” Walker said, suggesting the reporting was a dishonest attack by his political opponents in a tight, vital race for both parties. The candidate, a former University of Georgia football star backed by former President Donald Trump, has said he supports an exception-free ban on abortion, telling reporters in May that “there’s no exception in my mind” for the procedure.

In the article, published on Monday evening, the Daily Beast posted as corroboration of the woman’s account images of a receipt from the clinic, a sympathy card from Walker and a check that Walker had written.

The check that Donald Trump used to bribe Stormy Daniels has been made public, but Trump and many of his followers still deny it. Is there no shame? Will they admit their hypocrisy? (Rhetorical question)

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

The son of Republican Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker on Tuesday continued his social media attack against his father in a series of new videos, labeling Walker’s behavior on the campaign trail as “atrocious.”

“Family values, people? He has four kids, four different women, wasn’t in the house raising one of them,” Christian Walker said in a tweeted video. “He was out having sex with other women. Do you care about family values?”

Christian Walker also accused his father of lying when he denied a Daily Beast report published Monday that Herschel Walker had once paid for a girlfriend’s abortion. The Senate candidate, who has adopted an unyielding stance against abortion rights while on the campaign trail, on Monday threatened to sue the Daily Beast after it published the report.

“I never asked anyone to get an abortion. I never paid for an abortion, and it’s a lie. And I’m going to continue to fight,” Walker said, suggesting the reporting was a dishonest attack by his political opponents in a tight, vital race for both parties. The candidate, a former University of Georgia football star backed by former President Donald Trump, has said he supports an exception-free ban on abortion, telling reporters in May that “there’s no exception in my mind” for the procedure.

In the article, published on Monday evening, the Daily Beast posted as corroboration of the woman’s account images of a receipt from the clinic, a sympathy card from Walker and a check that Walker had written.

The check that Donald Trump used to bribe Stormy Daniels has been made public, but Trump and many of his followers still deny it. Is there no shame? Will they admit their hypocrisy? (Rhetorical question)
Will who admit what hypocrisy?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t think Herschel Walker has quite the draw that Trump did who was in part elected just to avoid a Clinton administration. Georgia voters can go without Herschel Walker as their senator, and I don’t think he was a very good candidate to begin with. This may be the end of his senate campaign.

I think Christian’s comments reveal some very deep seated issues he was with his dad and how absent he likely was for his kid’s upbringing. The fact he chose to lash o it so publicly and this close to the election tells me he’s been holding onto this for some time. My hope is this is a wake up call and that Herschel calls off his campaign and takes some time to patch things up with all of his kids for their sake. It would come off as very selfish to continue with this election while his own family is suffering because of it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t think Herschel Walker has quite the draw that Trump did who was in part elected just to avoid a Clinton administration. Georgia voters can go without Herschel Walker as their senator, and I don’t think he was a very good candidate to begin with. This may be the end of his senate campaign.

I think Christian’s comments reveal some very deep seated issues he was with his dad and how absent he likely was for his kid’s upbringing. The fact he chose to lash o it so publicly and this close to the election tells me he’s been holding onto this for some time. My hope is this is a wake up call and that Herschel calls off his campaign and takes some time to patch things up with all of his kids for their sake. It would come off as very selfish to continue with this election while his own family is suffering because of it.

Or... he could handle private things privately -

Wouldn't it be also great if his relationship with his adult son was restored. The two things can happen at the same time.

I seem to know as much about humanism as you seem to know about Christianity - Is there room in the humanist experience for restoration and forgiveness? And if so, why couldn't it happen without the man giving up a promising future?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

So, who is this article about: Walker or Trump or Trump supporters? Maybe edit either the story or the title to reflect accuracy.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Or... he could handle private things privately -

Wouldn't it be also great if his relationship with his adult son was restored. The two things can happen at the same time.

I seem to know as much about humanism as you seem to know about Christianity - Is there room in the humanist experience for restoration and forgiveness? And if so, why couldn't it happen without the man giving up a promising future?
The only people he should be seeking forgiveness from are his kids and maybe his God. Not sure what my humanism has to do with that or anything mentioned in this thread, so kindly leave it and myself out of the discussion.

Sound good?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't get GOP support of this man. He lies about his family and about his own actions. He does not deny holding a gun to his ex-wife's head. He has sired multiple children by multiple women and abandoned his families and terrorized his kids by his violence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3673430-son-rips-herschel-walker-on-family-values/

This abortion - for which the woman has receipts - is only the latest.

However, he supports Trump. Is that all it takes?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,131.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't get GOP support of this man.
Because he's the candidate. That's enough. It doesn't matter one tiny bit what kind of person the candidate is. I know Republicans (people in my family) that would vote for the reanimated corpse of Charles Manson if they thought a deranged brain-eating zombie would "own" the libs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't get GOP support of this man. He lies about his family and about his own actions. He does not deny holding a gun to his ex-wife's head. He has sired multiple children by multiple women and abandoned his families and terrorized his kids by his violence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3673430-son-rips-herschel-walker-on-family-values/

This abortion - for which the woman has receipts - is only the latest.

However, he supports Trump. Is that all it takes?
That’s the problem we are faced with. Either support a candidate that wants to save the lives of babies, or support a candidate that supports the woman’s right to kill her baby. So sometimes you have to hold your nose while voting.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only people he should be seeking forgiveness from are his kids and maybe his God. Not sure what my humanism has to do with that or anything mentioned in this thread, so kindly leave it and myself out of the discussion.

Sound good?

sure. As long as that goes both ways. Kindly leave Christianity comment out of yours please

I think Christian’s comments reveal some very deep seated issues he was with his dad and how absent he likely was for his kid’s upbringing. T.

You were the one to bring in an observation about perceived comments from Christians, it is logical to as you about your view from a humanist perspective.

if you do not want personal beliefs brought into a conversation, let’s make a deal. You don’t bring in my personal beliefs and I will not bring in yours

deal?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, those are the values of today's Republican Party. Republican voters made that very clear in the 2016 presidential primary....

The fact that Walker is the GOP nominee for US Senator demonstrates how broken the party is...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because he's the candidate. That's enough. It doesn't matter one tiny bit what kind of person the candidate is. I know Republicans (people in my family) that would vote for the reanimated corpse of Charles Manson if they thought a deranged brain-eating zombie would "own" the libs.

That is very telling.

That means there are millions of voters out there that believe the country would be better off with a “deranged brain eating zombie” would be better than a Liberal Democrat.

They might not be far off.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s the problem we are faced with. Either support a candidate that wants to save the lives of babies, or support a candidate that supports the woman’s right to kill her baby. So sometimes you have to hold your nose while voting.

Take that up with GOP primary voters in Georgia. There were two other candidates on the ballot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
sure. As long as that goes both ways. Kindly leave Christianity comment out of yours please

You were the one to bring in an observation about perceived comments from Christians, it is logical to as you about your view from a humanist perspective.

if you do not want personal beliefs brought into a conversation, let’s make a deal. You don’t bring in my personal beliefs and I will not bring in yours

deal?

@GoldenBoy89 was referring to comments by Herschel Walker’s son whose name is “Christian.” He wasn’t talking about followers of a certain religious sect.

• Friendly
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,131.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That is very telling.

That means there are millions of voters out there that believe the country would be better off with a “deranged brain eating zombie” would be better than a Liberal Democrat.

They might not be far off.
The country has nothing to do with it. They only care about winning. Some of my family live in a state where they were told that voting for a particular candidate would end up hurting them financially. They did it anyway and suffered the consequences. But they didn't care, as long as a Democrat didn't win. I know a lot of Republicans who are the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face. They're proud idiots.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

deal?
I think Christian is the son's name. There may have been some mix up there.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The country has nothing to do with it. They only care about winning. Some of my family live in a state where they were told that voting for a particular candidate would end up hurting them financially. They did it anyway and suffered the consequences. But they didn't care, as long as a Democrat didn't win. I know a lot of Republicans who are the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face. They're proud idiots.
Voting for the current President has not cost Democrats financially?

Upvote 0