✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Anti-abortion Dems request platform change, plan protests ahead of convention
Ahead of next week's convention, anti-abortion Democrats are lobbying their party to fix what they describe as an "extreme" deviation on the issue that could effectively surrender certain states to Republicans in November.

"We should not cede large swathes of the United States to the Republican Party," read a letter signed by Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards and dozens of other Democratic politicians.

The letter warns that the party's platform will alienate pro-life Democrats, and calls on the platform committee to reintroduce more moderate language from the party's 2000 platform.

Maybe some comments from democrats here at CF?

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What??? This is a joke? Right? :wave: Funny. ^_^
No, there are anti-abortion democrats out there. The party typically ignores them and, unfortunately, they continue to vote democrat. One would think they at least would vote 3rd party, if not republican, to express their position but there it is. That is why I was hoping for some anti-abortion democrats here at CF to maybe explain the whys of their voting.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, there are anti-abortion democrats out there. The party typically ignores them and, unfortunately, they continue to vote democrat. One would think they at least would vote 3rd party, if not republican, to express their position but there it is. That is why I was hoping for some anti-abortion democrats here at CF to maybe explain the whys of their voting.
Good luck on finding one of them! ;)

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anti-abortion Dems request platform change, plan protests ahead of convention
Ahead of next week's convention, anti-abortion Democrats are lobbying their party to fix what they describe as an "extreme" deviation on the issue that could effectively surrender certain states to Republicans in November.

"We should not cede large swathes of the United States to the Republican Party," read a letter signed by Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards and dozens of other Democratic politicians.

The letter warns that the party's platform will alienate pro-life Democrats, and calls on the platform committee to reintroduce more moderate language from the party's 2000 platform.

Maybe some comments from democrats here at CF?

I wonder how many Pro-life Democrats out there. I had some relatives that were generational Democrat and Catholic that were pro-labor union etc. but I'm not sure if they are still voting Democrat with the parties shift to the left. I'm sure they are probably still registered Democrat but I think they could be spiting their vote at times. One problem is they are very devout Catholic, and that might be a deal breaker on some elections.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many Pro-life Democrats out there. I had some relatives that were generational Democrat and Catholic that were pro-labor union etc. but I'm not sure if they are still voting Democrat with the parties shift to the left. I'm sure they are probably still registered Democrat but I think they could be spiting their vote at times. One problem is they are very devout Catholic, and that might be a deal breaker on some elections.
Lets hope! And lets vote! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0