Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This was posted in another thread, but was totally ignored. Perhaps this information will get the attention it deserves with a thread of its own. I'm not reporting here on conspiracy theories, but reports that have come from mainstream news outlets.

How many of you remember the anthrax attacks that took place shortly after 9/11? I'm sure many of you do, but I know a fair amount of people that forget.

The case is officially labled as "gone cold" by the FBI.

How many of you are aware that the anthrax used in the attacks was traced to Fort Detrick, Maryland? New Scientist confirmed that the strain indeed came from Maryland. See the story here.

The BBC program Newsnight aired a program in early 2002 regarding the anthrax attacks that stated in part,

"Initially the investigation looked for a possible Al-Qaeda or Iraqi link, then to a domestic terrorist, then inwards to the US bio-defence programme itself. But in the last four or five weeks the investigation seems to have run into the sand...There have been several theories as to why ...

Three weeks ago Dr Barbara Rosenberg - an acknowledged authority on US bio-defence - claimed the FBI is dragging its feet because an arrest would be embarrassing to the US authorities. Tonight on Newsnight, she goes further...suggesting there could have been a secret CIA field project to test the practicalities of sending anthrax through the mail - whose top scientist went badly off the rails..."

Now, the History Channel has aired a documentary stating that the anthrax attacks were likely an "Inside job".

Watch the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdamOzrfZI0

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
cricket_song.gif
http://www.denverpestcontrol.com/images/cricket_song.gif

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just like all the other 9-11 conspiracy theories,
we will never know.
People died from the anthrax attacks, they had to be linked to 9-11, or just someone using the fear of the attacks to make people more afraid, be it goverment or
individuals.
Like in most investigations,
no one is above suspicion. But I will not leap to saying our goverment(as a whole) was involved. MAybe a few
sick individuals, but not the whole.
The bigger the conspiracy, the less likely it is true.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've heard of that guy. IIRC he has ties to right-wing militia and antiabortion groups.

Left wing=Unibomber type
Right wing=(mind blank, the guy who blew up the Oklahoma federal building.)
Both extreme wings are dangerous.

But like I said, the bigger the conspiracy the less likely they will suceed. The more people monitoring the conspirators the less likely they will get away with it.
So Bush administration is out, the farther away from the administration, the larger the conspiracy, back to my original point.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Left wing=Unibomber type
Right wing=(mind blank, the guy who blew up the Oklahoma federal building.)
Both extreme wings are dangerous.

But like I said, the bigger the conspiracy the less likely they will suceed. The more people monitoring the conspirators the less likely they will get away with it.
So Bush administration is out, the farther away from the administration, the larger the conspiracy, back to my original point.

Timothy McVeigh. I basically agree. Most terror cells are small but supported by like-minded groups which do not participate in the violence but condone it either implicitly or explicitly. An example is the support among establishment antiabortionist groups for the terrorist groups Operation Rescue and The Army of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel19

Oct 9, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how this discussion got onto the topic of anti-abortion groups and right wing militias. Frankly, I see this as a way to muddy the waters and associate the information in the OP with these subjects.

We're talking here about the anthrax attacks that took place shortly after 9/11 being directly connected to Fort Detrick, Maryland and strains of anthrax that were created in a highly sophistacated lab, most likely U.S. government run.

Here's another bit of information for you - The White House staff was put on Cipro days before anyone knew anything about anthrax being released. The Washington Post reported,

"On the night of the Sept. 11 attacks, the White House Medical Office dispensed Cipro to staff accompanying Vice President Dick Cheney as he was secreted off to the safety of Camp David, and told them it was "a precaution," according to one person directly involved."

CNN reported on the anthrax investigation in 2002, saying,

"This discovery lends credence to the theory that whoever mailed the finely milled anthrax spores -- known to be of the Ames strain -- has a current connection to a sophisticated laboratory.

Investigators have long believed the suspect possessed a sophisticated knowledge of anthrax and a high level of training."

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know how this discussion got onto the topic of anti-abortion groups and right wing militias.

Everybody in the know is aware these are the groups which aided and abetted the perpetrators(s).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Honestly, I've never seen a board where discussions get de-railed and muddied so quickly.

We haven't talked one bit about the core of the information here.

It seems to be much easier to evade the truth. Sad isn't it?

Upvote 0