Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Former Dispensationalist Pastor Steve Gregg answers those who deny the connection between Israel and the Church.

Once a person comes to understand the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34, which is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24, modern Dispensational Theology falls apart, and the pretrib removal of the Church falls with it.

Watch the YouTube videos "The New Covenant" by Bob George, and "New Covenant Theology Made Simple" by David H. J. Gay, and “The Prophecy of Daniel 9” by Dr. Kelly Varner.

Last edited:

philadelphos

Sydney
Jun 20, 2019
Sydney
✟45,144.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Informative video.

'Denial of the connection between Israel and the Church' began very early in church history, political history, and the Romish harlot of Babylon... Anti-semitic discrimination against Jews and non-Gentile believers is ancient. A fact grossly under-appreciated.

See Rick Aharon Chaimberlin, Anti-Judiasm and the Council of Nicea, www.yashanet.com/library/antisem.htm.

Quote: "The Jewish Temple was destroyed in 70 CE by the Romans under Titus. Then Israel was totally destroyed as a nation with the defeat of Bar Kochba (a false Messiah) in 135 CE. Hundreds of thousands of Jews were massacred. Most of the survivors were dispersed into the Gamut (Diaspora or Exile), many of who were sold into slavery. The final utter defeat of Israel was seen by many Christians as a sign that Israel was rejected by her God. The "Church" was seen as the new Israel. Anti-Semitism began to take a firm hold on Christianity. By the time that Constantine called the first general church council at Nicea in 325, anti-Semitism was endemic in the "Church." The Council of Nicea was attended by 318 bishops, none of whom were of Jewish ancestry."

Romans 11 on the Remnant Few,

"I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying, Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." (Rom. 11:1-5) Romans 11 KJV;TR1550 - I say then, Hath God cast away his - Bible Gateway

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Former Dispensationalist Pastor Steve Gregg answers those who deny the connection between Israel and the Church.

Ive just finished watching Steve Gregg. He is impressive but I doubt that everyone will bother watching all of it. Personally I relate to Historicism more than Partial Preterism, but credit where credit is due.

What a pity the Jesus movement of the 70's got hijacked by dispensationalism.

Upvote 0