• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Another way for the Lord to Deliver

KatyAD111

Jun 1, 2010
United States...Richmond VA
✟8,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey I just wanted to let y'all know that This morning, I actually layed my head down on a pillow...while i was feeling sick and had faith i was laying my head over Jesus's heart. I won't describe to you what happend after that...but I will simply tell you he healed me.

Just have faith and believe. All things are possable for those who believe in him. Just believe it's him, that he is there. He will heal you. He will heal you in anyway you believe he can heal you.

God Bless,
-Katy & Jesus

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
sometimes God chooses to heal and for your healing we truly praise him and give all glory to him.

But...sometimes He chooses not to heal and as He told Paul, "my grace is sufficient for you". God answers all our prayers...yes, no and wait.

Example. I wanted to be the new super for our Dept but didn't get it. Another christian I worked with wanted it so bad she had her self tied in knots. Thursday night our new super who's only been there a yr and a half ended up in the cardiac unit of the hospital...the stress of cleaning up our dept from the last super just about killed him...
He's a christian, why is he in hospital and why did God spare us the "promotion"

I have heard stories here that have broken my heart and I still struggle with my "why" questions for God. I don't know why He heals some but not others but I re-frame from telling others that if only they had the faith...it's not about our faith but His will and we must be careful not to add to the load others already carry with guilt that they are part of the reason they are not healed. No doubt we all need to deal with sin but no one reason can be sighted for our afflictions.

I say this with all the humility and love I can and by no means wish to hurt anyones feelings...or course this is just all my opinion.

Upvote 0
H

Human Clay

sometimes God chooses to heal and for your healing we truly praise him and give all glory to him.

But...sometimes He chooses not to heal and as He told Paul, "my grace is sufficient for you". God answers all our prayers...yes, no and wait.

Example. I wanted to be the new super for our Dept but didn't get it. Another christian I worked with wanted it so bad she had her self tied in knots. Thursday night our new super who's only been there a yr and a half ended up in the cardiac unit of the hospital...the stress of cleaning up our dept from the last super just about killed him...
He's a christian, why is he in hospital and why did God spare us the "promotion"

I have heard stories here that have broken my heart and I still struggle with my "why" questions for God. I don't know why He heals some but not others but I re-frame from telling others that if only they had the faith...it's not about our faith but His will and we must be careful not to add to the load others already carry with guilt that they are part of the reason they are not healed. No doubt we all need to deal with sin but no one reason can be sighted for our afflictions.

I say this with all the humility and love I can and by no means wish to hurt anyones feelings...or course this is just all my opinion.

I don't believe Paul's thorn was an illness. I think the bible clearly states that it was a "messenger of Satan". Every where else in the bible that the term thorn in the side, prick in the eye, etc is used it refers to others being persecuted. We use similar phrases today, pain in the neck for example. Paul wanted to be rid of this messenger of Satan who sent that Paul may not be exalted above measure. Now the bible tells us that if we resist Satan he will flee. I think when people use a reason of Paul's thorn in the flesh not be be healed, than they get exactly that.

Than there is the God heals some but not others. I have a problem with that, because it is not based on scriptures. My bible tells me that God is not a respecter of persons. If He is not a respecter of persons, why would He heal one, but not another?

God's will is that all be saved but not all are saved. We have to come to the knowledge of the Truth. Jesus is the Truth, and He came in the flesh to show us who the Father is. We can see who the Father is but what Jesus did. If anyone of us lacks wisdom, let us ask God in Faith and He will give it to us. If we need His Spirit, let us ask of Him. Sometimes we just get blinded by Satan's lies and believe those fiery darts that He throws at us. He is a liar and there is no truth in Him. He seeks out to destroy us with his lies, fears, pains, etc.

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
soooooo, if we just believe and have enough faith God has to grant my request or maybe with enough of my own faith I don't need God and my faith will heal me and maybe we can avoid dieing all together...why did Timothy need to take wine for his messed up gut, surely he was a giant of the faith...or maybe vets who have lost their limbs only need to have more of their own faith...

At what point does our faith fail us and we get sick and die...not to mention circular reasoning with a strawman to knock down and no real scripture to back it up...

It would probably make a good word study but I am beyond fed up with health and wealth aberrant theology based on what "I" can demand from God. He owes me nothing it goes, Thy will be done...not mine be done.:argh:

Upvote 0
H

Human Clay

soooooo, if we just believe and have enough faith God has to grant my request or maybe with enough of my own faith I don't need God and my faith will heal me and maybe we can avoid dieing all together...why did Timothy need to take wine for his messed up gut, surely he was a giant of the faith...or maybe vets who have lost their limbs only need to have more of their own faith...

At what point does our faith fail us and we get sick and die...not to mention circular reasoning with a strawman to knock down and no real scripture to back it up...

It would probably make a good word study but I am beyond fed up with health and wealth aberrant theology based on what "I" can demand from God. He owes me nothing it goes, Thy will be done...not mine be done.:argh:

I can understand your frustrations. I was in chronic pain myself for years. I had all kinds of people tell me all sorts of reasons for my pain. My pain made me seek God for Truth, for His wisdom.

I know sometimes it's not just about faith. God gives us all a measure of faith. Sometimes it is about doubt, about believing our thoughts. If you do not believe you can be healed, if you have no hope for it, than it would be difficult to receive it.

In regards to Timothy, who knows why he had to drink wine for his stomach. I have read where the water he was drinking could have been toxic and contained bacteria and drinking the wine killed the bacteria thus relieving his stomach.

If you want to know God's will, look at what Jesus did. He was the perfect representation of God. There is plenty of scripture to back that up. This is not about health and wealth theology, what you can demand from God, etc. Jesus said there will be trials and tribulations, and that includes sickness. There will always be sickness and death. That doesn't mean Jesus doesn't still offer healing to us.

Jesus did pray thy will be done, but He also said on earth as it is in heaven. From my own experience, the medical profession is very limited in offering healing for chronic conditions.The bible says not to put your faith in man, but in the power of God. There is plenty of scripture that talks about health and healing. A merry heart doeth good like medicine, physical exercise profits little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, etc. I know in my situation fear wreaked havoc on my body and that is what eventually caused my chronic pain. Fear comes when there is a lack of love. I was not perfected in love so I had fear, and it eventually affected my health. In these days, many people's heart are failing them because of fear.

Upvote 0