Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Paul roasted the Corinthians for their willingness to accept what was (and still is) false. HE rebuked them for accepting the false spirit as well as the false Jesus. I see great parallels between Pentecostalism and the Church at Corinth. They were gifted but did not show the fruit of the Spirit. So what are the signs of the false spirit? (I take this from John 16, which is the signs of the true Holy Spirit.)
It does not confess and glorify Christ
It speaks independently of Christ
The false spirit glorifies itself, not Christ
It does not speak truth or lead believers into the truth

The false spirit is a product of the false gospel. I heard a "prophet" declare that the Holy Spirit is Lord, based on one verse of scripture. This is a twisted interpretation that ignores every other declaration that Jesus is Lord. Lord Jesus defeated Satan, it was Lord Jesus who was crucified and rose again, it is Lord Jesus who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Satan will do and say anything that undermines this truth in the hearts of believers.

If the spirit operating at your fellowship fails the "John 16" tests, I suggest you ask God to reveal the truth about it. The false spirit causes people to turn away from their pure devotion to Christ. It hates the name of Jesus, especially "Lord Jesus".

Another sign of the false spirit is an emphasis on "fire". The fire of God is a consuming judgement of truth, not a warm fuzzy feeling. When God's true fire falls, you will know all about it and it will not be fun. The fire of the false spirit is "strange fire" and totally unacceptable to God.

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul roasted the Corinthians for their willingness to accept what was (and still is) false. HE rebuked them for accepting the false spirit as well as the false Jesus. I see great parallels between Pentecostalism and the Church at Corinth. They were gifted but did not show the fruit of the Spirit. So what are the signs of the false spirit? (I take this from John 16, which is the signs of the true Holy Spirit.)

The false spirit is a product of the false gospel. I heard a "prophet" declare that the Holy Spirit is Lord, based on one verse of scripture. This is a twisted interpretation that ignores every other declaration that Jesus is Lord. Lord Jesus defeated Satan, it was Lord Jesus who was crucified and rose again, it is Lord Jesus who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Satan will do and say anything that undermines this truth in the hearts of believers.

If the spirit operating at your fellowship fails the "John 16" tests, I suggest you ask God to reveal the truth about it. The false spirit causes people to turn away from their pure devotion to Christ. It hates the name of Jesus, especially "Lord Jesus".

Another sign of the false spirit is an emphasis on "fire". The fire of God is a consuming judgement of truth, not a warm fuzzy feeling. When God's true fire falls, you will know all about it and it will not be fun. The fire of the false spirit is "strange fire" and totally unacceptable to God.

Nowadays, I won't go to churches that spend 90% of the time preaching on deliverance and breakthrough.The Lord has let me have a peep, into what really goes on behind closed doors in some churches.There are some very strange spirits, operating in certain Churches i tell you.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Nowadays, I won't go to churches that spend 90% of the time preaching on deliverance and breakthrough.The Lord has let me have a peep, into what really goes on behind closed doors in some churches.There are some very strange spirits, operating in certain Churches i tell you.
We do cast out evil spirits as a normal part of the ministry. You are right that it should not be an obsession.
I prayed for breakthrough for years. My breakthrough came when Lord Jesus revealed to me that i did not need a breakthrough. He said from the cross, "It is finished!" And so it is. Every possible need of every human being is already met in Christ. It is ours. All we need to do is receive it. We do need to know our inheritance. Most Christians have no clue and spend their lives asking God to do what He's already done in Christ. I was one of the clueless for an embarrassingly long time. I'm so glad that I've come to the knowledge of the Truth. It was entirely the mercy and grace of God, who gave me eyes to see and ears to hear.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He makes us humble. We are given everything we need through Jesus Christ. And with faith nothing is impossible for God, when we trust Him.

All who gets into a calling by God, are truly meant to becoming humble in spirit. Taking the position of a servant.

In many churches today you see many of these who are in leader positions as not humble. It is the way of the world. To have a own prideness when one reaches far.

But this is not the way of a true leader in Christ, as the apostle Paul saw himself, he thought of himself as the least as an apostle;

"For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:9-10)

When we truly understand His grace, and stand in it, it humbles us before God. As we could do nothing to save ourselves, our works would earn nothing of worth before God! Only through what His Son Jesus Christ did for us, have we found worth and approval before God!

And this should teach us to remain humble before Him! As in ourselves we are nothing, but when we are in Christ we are given everything!

God keep on blessing you in Jesus's Name!

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul roasted the Corinthians for their willingness to accept what was (and still is) false. HE rebuked them for accepting the false spirit as well as the false Jesus.

Roasted???

That wouldn't be very loving!

Paul certainly was offering reproof and understanding to the church at Corinth - but note - it was a Christian church not a pagan church.

1 Cor 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus

Paul wrote a number of letters and it seems there are things to learn from in all of them, which is a lot different for saying He was "Roasting" them.

1 Cor 12:27 Now you are Christ's body, and individually member of it

Yeah - Paul was offering correction and teaching but if someone is thinking that Paul was telling them they were serving a false Jesus they are just wrong. They need to read their Bible again, because according to Paul they were "Christ's body"!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He makes us humble. We are given everything we need through Jesus Christ. And with faith nothing is impossible for God, when we trust Him.

All who gets into a calling by God, are truly meant to becoming humble in spirit. Taking the position of a servant.

In many churches today you see many of these who are in leader positions as not humble. It is the way of the world. To have a own prideness when one reaches far.

But this is not the way of a true leader in Christ, as the apostle Paul saw himself, he thought of himself as the least as an apostle;

"For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:9-10)

When we truly understand His grace, and stand in it, it humbles us before God. As we could do nothing to save ourselves, our works would earn nothing of worth before God! Only through what His Son Jesus Christ did for us, have we found worth and approval before God!

And this should teach us to remain humble before Him! As in ourselves we are nothing, but when we are in Christ we are given everything!

God keep on blessing you in Jesus's Name!
Great post on humility; Philippians 2 also is relevant, about the Lord Jesus Who 'humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross'.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post on humility; Philippians 2 also is relevant, about the Lord Jesus Who 'humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross'.

This is true.

And we are also meant to be taking His example. Going into what God has ordained and prepared for us since the beginning of time when the foundation of the world was first laid.

Though becoming humble isn't easy, it takes much change and breaking down to do with a person. The changes done are often differently done than what we think is good, and it is mostly not very comfortable for us. But everything has a purpose in God, and we need going through much which will be painful and difficult for us, to truly become that type of humble as what Jesus Christ was as well as becoming as obedient as He was, to the Father's plan in mind for us.

All to bring glory to His Son Jesus Christ :crown:

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is true.

And we are also meant to be taking His example. Going into what God has ordained and prepared for us since the beginning of time when the foundation of the world was first laid.

Though becoming humble isn't easy, it takes much change and breaking down to do with a person. The changes done are often differently done than what we think is good, and it is mostly not very comfortable for us. But everything has a purpose in God, and we need going through much which will be painful and difficult for us, to truly become that type of humble as what Jesus Christ was as well as becoming as obedient as He was, to the Father's plan in mind for us.

All to bring glory to His Son Jesus Christ :crown:
We need indeed to keep our eyes upon Him. Hebrews 12.2. (The Western world is so psycho-obsessed and introspective.)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Amen.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am very, very cautious of anyone who declares off the bat that they are an "Apostle" or "Prophet". I don't immediately reject them wholesale, but take steps back, and give myself permission to be skeptical, and guarded.

God can speak through anyone, true. But the egoism and wild claims of divine power and authority that some Pastors give themselves is extraordinary. Even Popes go to confession and make mistakes. And sin, and mis-speak, and get things wrong at times. So. Yeah. Just be careful of anyone claiming great, great things for themselves, on only their own word.

And may Christ give us the graces of humility, charity, and a capacity to admit when we're wrong, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need indeed to keep our eyes upon Him. Hebrews 12.2. (The Western world is so psycho-obsessed and introspective.)

We do need to keep our eyes on Jesus.

Can you explain for me what you mean with psycho obsessed and introspective? As I have seen into google search what this means, but still, in the internet they describe it in more ways.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We do need to keep our eyes on Jesus.

Can you explain for me what you mean with psycho obsessed and introspective? As I have seen into google search what this means, but still, in the internet they describe it in more ways.
In summary, obsessedly inward-looking...

Upvote 0