Another shooting - San Bernadino California.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Care to point out the Gospel verse where Jesus excludes the pot-smokers from his ministry? Because I know a couple of Christians who certainly don't mind the occasional toke...

Intoxication is condemned by Christ. Both by alcohol and drugs.

The word used in English translations for "sorcery" comes from the Koine Greek word pharmakeus. Our word for pharmaceutical. Sorcery was usually accompanied by use of drugs to alter the mind.

“He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:7-8‬ ‭NASB‬‬
http://bible.com/100/rev.21.7-8.nasb

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He was a Christian??? LOL...

http://barbwire.com/2015/12/03/planned-parenthood-killer-was-a-deranged-pothead/

The liberals were quick to blame conservative Christians, Republicans, and others on the right for the carnage in the Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic. It turns out the killer was a paranoid pothead who probably moved to Colorado because it offered him plenty of legal weed. The murders were just the latest example of President Obama’s pro-pot policies causing “active shooter” cases in which innocent people get maimed and killed.

While “progressives” hope to capitalize on the killings by stopping investigations into Planned Parenthood, the case of Robert Lewis Dear has backfired on them in more ways than one. Dear, who looks stoned out of his mind in his mugshot, looks like another case of a cold-blooded killer whose actions may be attributed to his heavy use of a substance that many progressives deem harmless and safe.

Significant psychological issues, can give one the same look of being on drugs.

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

The word used in English translations for "sorcery" comes from the Koine Greek word pharmakeus. Our word for pharmaceutical. Sorcery was usually accompanied by use of drugs to alter the mind.

“He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."”
arkadaşım teşekkür ederiz (Thank you my friend)...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

You're not one of those people who think Jesus turned water into non-alcoholic grape juice at Cana, are you?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're not one of those people who think Jesus turned water into non-alcoholic grape juice at Cana, are you?

No it was real wine.

Please look at my comments and consider INTOXICATION as a key word.

Meaning stoned out of your mind.

Totally high.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No it was real wine.

Please look at my comments and consider INTOXICATION as a key word.

Meaning stoned out of your mind.

Totally high.

Which means that the "occasional toke" as I previously said, would not present a problem (Biblically speaking), just as a glass or two of wine is fine, but getting fall-down drunk is not.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which means that the "occasional toke" as I previously said, would not present a problem (Biblically speaking), just as a glass or two of wine is fine, but getting fall-down drunk is not.

IMO it depends on the person. I've seen non Irishmen get sloppy drunk on one beer.

This is one of those self control matters.

Some Christians won't touch anything which can intoxicate. I respect their position. As I do those who drink some alcohol now and then.

Pot and other drugs had a checkered history in my family. I also volunteered at a Gospel Mission home where we had recovering drug addicts and alcoholics.

I think the tendency for addiction no matter the substance has a lot to do with genetics. Those so inclined should not touch any type of drugs or alcohol.

Some terminal cancer patients have sworn that pot helped them with nausea. I believe them. I went through chemo a few years back and what they gave me worked ok but I was still young and in good shape and not terminal.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMO it depends on the person. I've seen non Irishmen get sloppy drunk on one beer.

This is one of those self control matters.

Some Christians won't touch anything which can intoxicate. I respect their position. As I do those who drink some alcohol now and then.

Pot and other drugs had a checkered history in my family. I also volunteered at a Gospel Mission home where we had recovering drug addicts and alcoholics.

I think the tendency for addiction no matter the substance has a lot to do with genetics. Those so inclined should not touch any type of drugs or alcohol.

Some terminal cancer patients have sworn that pot helped them with nausea. I believe them. I went through chemo a few years back and what they gave me worked ok but I was still young and in good shape and not terminal.

You are correct. Genetics does play a large role in whether one becomes addicted or abuses any substance.

With that said, there are far more people who abuse alcohol, than abuse pot. Also, the likely hood of addiction depends on how addictive the substance is, with certain drugs being high risk and others being very low risk.

Lastly, studies have shown, moderate consumption of alcohol can actually have a positive impact on health for many people. Pot is a different story and although it is not addictive, nor is it abused like alcohol, I know of no positive impacts on health, with moderate use, besides medical reasons.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That comment is intended to belittle Christianity by your "magic man in the sky" garbage.
Or Islam.

Talking about killing Muslims and eradicating Islam seems to be fine around here.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He was a Christian??? LOL...

http://barbwire.com/2015/12/03/planned-parenthood-killer-was-a-deranged-pothead/

The liberals were quick to blame conservative Christians, Republicans, and others on the right for the carnage in the Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic. It turns out the killer was a paranoid pothead who probably moved to Colorado because it offered him plenty of legal weed. The murders were just the latest example of President Obama’s pro-pot policies causing “active shooter” cases in which innocent people get maimed and killed.

While “progressives” hope to capitalize on the killings by stopping investigations into Planned Parenthood, the case of Robert Lewis Dear has backfired on them in more ways than one. Dear, who looks stoned out of his mind in his mugshot, looks like another case of a cold-blooded killer whose actions may be attributed to his heavy use of a substance that many progressives deem harmless and safe.
If pot causes mass shootings, California would lead the country. I'd bet without looking at the numbers, there's more potheads just in LA county than there are people in the entire state of Colorado.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If pot causes mass shootings, California would lead the country. I'd bet without looking at the numbers, there's more potheads just in LA county than there are people in the entire state of Colorado.

It's usually what they lace the pot with or take with it.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0