Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am very glad that they did not mention his race. It is terrible regardless of race.

I respect our police officers, but you don't know what can happen when dealing with cops.

Protest in Pennsylvania after cop uses knee to restrain man
That restraint has been used a countless times over at least 30 years that I know of, It will take a while for officers to unlearn using it. If the police do not receive the funds needed to do the appropriate training it will continue to be used, old habits need to be replaced with new habits and that will not happen without training.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That restraint has been used a countless times over at least 30 years that I know of, It will take a while for officers to unlearn using it. If the police do not receive the funds needed to do the appropriate training it will continue to be used, old habits need to be replaced with new habits and that will not happen without training.

True.

And you also need to give police an alternative that works.

Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True.

And you also need to give police an alternative that works.

What about the solution police in Norway has used for 30 years? Restrain to recovery position (side position(. Preferably toward right, thus restraining right hand the best way.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about the solution police in Norway has used for 30 years? Restrain to recovery position (side position(. Preferably toward right, thus restraining right hand the best way.

It might well be the case that, taking everything into account, restraint in the side position is best. Certainly prone restraint is unsafe for prolonged periods.

But I was referring to putting a knee on the restrained person. Done right, that allows for the application of carefully controlled force, and is safer and more effective than any other option that I'm familiar with.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why are you glad that they did not mention his race?

@Radagast was correct in what he said.

When they mention race people get angry and we start fighting about it. But I might have not helped by mentioning the fact that they did not mention race. But the article did say that they did not mention race. And I wanted to stop an argument before it started. I thought that people would immediately start saying "you see what police do to black people." And I wanted to prevent that.

I was also saying that horrible things that happen to other people are horrible regardless of race.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might well be the case that, taking everything into account, restraint in the side position is best. Certainly prone restraint is unsafe for prolonged periods.

But I was referring to putting a knee on the restrained person. Done right, that allows for the application of carefully controlled force, and is safer and more effective than any other option that I'm familiar with.

Well, the "sideway restraing" in Norway actually replaced the former use of a knee upon a restrained person, strictly forbidden in Norway today (and a policeman documentated ignoring this will be out of duty immidately due to "unproper and non-allowed work") . It's the policeman's/-mens duty to restrain as sufficient this way until handcuffs and possible footcuffs have been used (when considered necessary, only to be used when NEEDED). Policemen are testeD for their ability to ackutally do this before their first patrol service, trained for this once a month and retested every 12th month. When not passing the test they are temporary out of patrol service until actually able to do this.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the "sideway restraing" in Norway actually replaced the former use of a knee upon a restrained person, strictly forbidden in Norway today

But how do you stop someone on their side from thrashing around and injuring themselves?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Radagast was correct in what he said.

When they mention race people get angry and we start fighting about it. But I might have not helped by mentioning the fact that they did not mention race. But the article did say that they did not mention race. And I wanted to stop an argument before it started. I thought that people would immediately start saying "you see what police do to black people." And I wanted to prevent that.

I was also saying that horrible things that happen to other people are horrible regardless of race.

The media is fueling all the race issues. They could very easily start reporting on whites being treated the same by police so that people could see its not about race. If that were to happen the focus could be on police issues and we might actually be able to make some changes.

Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But how do you stop someone on their side from thrashing around and injuring themselves?
Well Norwegian police do by putting a pillow under the side of head down and a hand upon the side up. The poice also ensure that a person clearly/possibly sick are lead/carried/driven to a doctor as soon as he is scured, and person clearly NOT sick are brough to a temporary cell at police station, tried to calm down and offered an tablet for resting. What a person clearly not sick may choose to do is his choise, but of course a such cell is duly secured (vandalism and hurting the detend) and monitored

• Informative
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0