Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Heather Cox Richardson is an American professor who has taught at MIT and Boston College, written six books, appeared on NCR, etc. She is one of the most common-sense analysts I know.

This letter told me a lot about the Freedom Convoy--her analysis starts around paragraph 8.
February 11, 2022 - by Heather Cox Richardson (substack.com)

I'll summarize some of her points:
  • "organized by James Bauder, a conspiracy theorist who believes Covid-19 is a political scam and has endorsed the QAnon movement.
  • The protests were neither popular nor representative of truckers: there were never more than about 8000 protesters, 90% of truckers crossing the border are vaccinated, and the Canadian Trucking Alliance strongly opposes the protest.
  • The idea of shutting down supply chains does not interest the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (union representing American truckers), which yesterday denounced the convoy. “The livelihood of working Americans and Canadians in the automotive, agricultural, and manufacturing sectors is threatened by this blockade.
  • Disrupting a nation’s supply chains destabilizes its economy and thereby weakens the government in power."
This is the first comprehensive analysis of the blockade that makes sense to me. The motives seem to have nothing to do with "freedom" and everything to do with cooperating with forces that would threaten democracy in Canada and other countries which may be attacked by the same group.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5G and QAnon: how conspiracy theorists steered Canada’s anti-vaccine trucker protest

Until now, a litany of organizations had protested Canada’s strict public health measures, but largely in isolation. One such group, Hold Fast Canada, had organized pickets of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s headquarters, where they claimed that concentration camps had already been introduced in the country.

Another group, Action4Canada, launched legal challenges to mask and vaccine mandates. In one 400-page court filing, they allege that the “false pronouncement of a Covid-19 ‘pandemic’” was carried out, at least in part, by Bill Gates and a “New World (Economic) Order” to facilitate the injection of 5G-enabled microchips into the population.

Both groups are listed as “participating groups” on the Canada Unity website, and sent vehicles and personnel to join the convoy. -

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Heather Cox Richardson is an American professor who has taught at MIT and Boston College, written six books, appeared on NCR, etc. She is one of the most common-sense analysts I know.

This letter told me a lot about the Freedom Convoy--her analysis starts around paragraph 8.

• "organized by James Bauder, a conspiracy theorist who believes Covid-19 is a political scam and has endorsed the QAnon movement.
  • The protests were neither popular nor representative of truckers: there were never more than about 8000 protesters, 90% of truckers crossing the border are vaccinated, and the Canadian Trucking Alliance strongly opposes the protest.
  • The idea of shutting down supply chains does not interest the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (union representing American truckers), which yesterday denounced the convoy. “The livelihood of working Americans and Canadians in the automotive, agricultural, and manufacturing sectors is threatened by this blockade.
  • Disrupting a nation’s supply chains destabilizes its economy and thereby weakens the government in power."
This is the first comprehensive analysis of the blockade that makes sense to me. The motives seem to have nothing to do with "freedom" and everything to do with cooperating with forces that would threaten democracy in Canada and other countries which may be attacked by the same group.

So in other words they're just like any other group protesting some action by the government.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,808.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A judge has ordered the convoy to stop blocking the border. The police have come to supervise the project but only one truck has had to be towed.

Trudeau announced he and President Biden are in agreement about these disruptions at the border.

California police and highway patrol are on alert to prevent attempts to disrupt the Super Bowl.

I am glad the convoy at the border is breaking up peacefully.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in other words they're just like any other group protesting some action by the government.
Sure. All protest groups wish innocent people to loose their jobs.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A judge has ordered the convoy to stop blocking the border. The police have come to supervise the project but only one truck has had to be towed.

Trudeau announced he and President Biden are in agreement about these disruptions at the border.

California police and highway patrol are on alert to prevent attempts to disrupt the Super Bowl.

I am glad the convoy at the border is breaking up peacefully.

The truckers should have blocked access to truck building facilities in Canada so they could have protested for years without interference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes little sense to me is American politicians like Rand Paul are encouraging truckers to block DC and other American cities too. Is it just political posturing to win more grievance votes? It just seems unamerican for leaders to add fuel to the fire when they are elected to help create solutions to problems.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Like the ones who burned all those businesses down last year.
I agree. I drive to Kenosha daily. Imagine if it had been more than "Unrest".

AP20243637251342.jpg

4fdc52f06a4c5b64499d133abbd4e620

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I thought it was 'mostly peaceful protests' as reported by our ever dependable LSM.
Really? Well if you ignore Kenosha, then yes mostly peaceful.
But that was more local Police shooting without good reason that caused Kenosha to burn.

I was "swamped" by local BLM marches and yes, no violence.
But I did want to "slap 'em" on occasion.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When the truckers get done at the northern border maybe they can truck on down to the southern border and stop some of the drugs that are killing people and put a bite on the income of the cartels, seems they know how to secure a border.

• Haha
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wonder how much the blm looters and arsonists cost workers/minute?
Is that how morality works?
"I wonder is we have da rights to be as stu-pid as anyone in BLM be doin!, yo?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0