Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Just don't be combative with the police and you'll be fine.

Too bad George Floyd didn’t know about your advise or he would be alive today. Oh no , he did take your advise and was cooperative yet he died and initial report said Floyd was resisting arrest.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They rolled him on his side after he called out, “I can’t breathe.”

Mr. Ellis was still breathing when medical personnel arrived, Detective Troyer said. He was removed from handcuffs while personnel worked on him for about 40 minutes, Detective Troyer said. He was then pronounced dead.

Mr. Ellis died from respiratory arrest, hypoxia and physical restraint, according to the medical examiner’s office. The report listed methamphetamine intoxication and heart disease as contributing factors.

This sound more tragic than intentional. God bless the family.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They rolled him on his side after he called out, “I can’t breathe.”

Mr. Ellis was still breathing when medical personnel arrived, Detective Troyer said. He was removed from handcuffs while personnel worked on him for about 40 minutes, Detective Troyer said. He was then pronounced dead.

Mr. Ellis died from respiratory arrest, hypoxia and physical restraint, according to the medical examiner’s office. The report listed methamphetamine intoxication and heart disease as contributing factors.

This sound more tragic than intentional. God bless the family.

Thank you

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Too bad George Floyd didn’t know about your advise or he would be alive today. Oh no , he did take your advise and was cooperative yet he died and initial report said Floyd was resisting arrest.

We don't know that for sure. It appears that Floyd was actually placed in the squad car before he wound up on the ground.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our brother has said that he is afraid. That is what the OP is really about. Can we understand his fear?
Yes, at the same time ( not that all black families do this by any means, but it seems like some of them always use the race card when a particular event ( not this one) has nothing to do with race. I will say that as a white female I do find black males incarceration rates/ sentences to be unfair, but at least for me again as a white female the movement ( even when it is true in a particular case loses some credibility when one they seem to always pull it ( some of them) and two when people ( no matter their race loot and riot. If a particular officer is shown to be racially profiling he or she should be fired ( before something like this happens.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If a particular officer is shown to be racially profiling he or she should be fired ( before something like this happens.
Yes, I agree with you here.The officer who killed Floyd had had 18 complaints lodged against him. Had he been fired, this would not have happened.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree with you here.The officer who killed Floyd had had 18 complaints lodged against him. Had he been fired, this would not have happened.
Do you know how many of those complaints were for excessive force?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office concluded that the death of the man, Manuel Ellis, 33, was a homicide. Investigators with the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department were in the process of preparing a report about the March death, which occurred shortly after an arrest by officers from the Tacoma Police Department, said the sheriff’s spokesman, Ed Troyer.
Another Man Who Said ‘I Can’t Breathe’ Died in Custody. An Autopsy Calls It Homicide.

This homicide took place all the way back in March and it's just now being reported nationally so how many other excessive force cases don't we hear about?
If I were black I'd be afraid of the cops, too.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Lord is with you brother. Life is full of dangers but even if bad things happen to us, He is always there. Rest in His peace, pray when you feel vulnerable, keep your eyes on what is eternal.

" Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you know how many of those complaints were for excessive force?
No, I don't know . But by 18 complaints against him, it seems to me that he should have been fired.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't know . But by 18 complaints against him, it seems to me that he should have been fired.
The thing is that complaints can be meaningless for instance 'He was disrespectful and rude.' 'He took too long to check out my information.'

I could have complained about an officer who stopped me because he didn't know the law in this state. As a state patrol officer, he should have known the law.

Should a police officer be fired for any of these reasons? I don't think so.
I'm making this point because we need to be careful not to judge an officer when the media gives us only the number of complaints made against them without any description of the complaints.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0