Another One Bites the Dust, 10th general killed by Ukraine (updated thread)!)

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Re edited post based on the latest stories. Ukraine killed 10 generals so far. This is really big, when you compare this to other major wars like World War II. A few generals are occasionally killed throughout the entire course of your typical modern war (over the course of a few years): doing such things as managing offensive operations, inspecting troops, or are intercepted when they are traveling, but by and large generals are almost as safe as their countries leader, being usually way behind enemy lines.

Russian military leaders try to lift troop morale as tenth general killed

Tenth Russian General Reportedly Killed in Ukraine - KyivPost - Ukraine's Global Voice

A Russian general who commanded electronic-warfare units was killed in a strike that killed 100 soldiers, Ukraine official says

Last edited:

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well this seems like something worth reporting. I just noticed the conservative Blog Hot air reported this from a New York post article. The article had censored profanity so looking for other sources to link to.

Debacle: Russia loses 4th general in combat, stalls at Odessa

Four Russian Generals Killed in Three Weeks Show Moscow’s Vulnerabilities in Ukraine

Does it violate this rule?: Admin Announcement - A change regarding profanity in certain Discussion & Debate forums

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's pretty significant though, I wonder how many generals russia has?

One of the articles linked says they had 20 in that country to start with, so killing 20% of them in that short amount of time is really good. If you compare it other things like how many German generals were killed in action in World War II. I watched or read something on that recently, I thought there were 6 for all of World War 2 (having trouble finding that video or article again).

That shows how vicious the fighting is and I'm sure there is lots of incentive to be hands on to try to increase the effectiveness of the army since Putin's unhappiness is something they got to worry about but that sort of thing makes you vulnerable to snipers, drones etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of the articles linked says they had 20 in that country to start with, so killing 20% of them in that short amount of time is really good. If you compare it other things like how many German generals were killed in action in World War II. I watched or read something on that recently, I thought there were 6 for all of World War 2 (having trouble finding that video or article again).

That shows how vicious the fighting is and I'm sure there is lots of incentive to be hands on to try to increase the effectiveness of the army since Putin's unhappiness is something they got to worry about but that sort of thing makes you vulnerable to snipers, drones etc.
The situation definitely lends to lots of casualties, urban combat with pressure for results is a bad recipe.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Interesting enough I learned a week or two ago, that this sort of thing is kind of minor when it comes to the history of Russia and the Soviet Union... they once lost 16 Admirals and generals in one fell swoop due to penny pinching! (Keeping an old jet in service)!

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well this seems like something worth reporting. I just noticed the conservative Blog Hot air reported this from a New York post article. The article had censored profanity so looking for other sources to link to.

Ukraine says it's killed another Russian general, the 4th since Putin's invasion began

Ukraine says it has killed another Russian general, the fourth since the invasion began last month.

Maj. Gen. Oleg Mityaev was killed Tuesday during the Russian assault on the city of Mariupol, Anton Gerashchenko, an advisor to Ukraine's Interior Ministry, wrote on Telegram Wednesday.

War in Ukraine: Fourth Russian general killed - Zelensky

Fourth Russian General Killed in Mariupol Fighting, Ukraine Says
Hey it provides upward mobility

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From who?.....Ukrainians or Putin? :)-o)

Ukrainians actually. It's kind of funny with all the Putin talk, everybody except the domestic protestors there are afraid of him, including the generals. Kind of reminds me of the depictions of Hitler in recent movies like Downfall. In spite of those kind of depictions both Putin and Hitler are suppose to have never killed their generals over perceived incompetence, cowardice etc. Which I guess makes sense, being perceived as a potential future rival is usually the big ticket for that (Stalin purged his generals because he was afraid of another military uprising or coup like in the aftermath of the Russo-Japanese war).

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Ukrainians actually. It's kind of funny with all the Putin talk, everybody except the domestic protestors there are afraid of him, including the generals. Kind of reminds me of the depictions of Hitler in recent movies like Downfall. In spite of those kind of depictions both Putin and Hitler are suppose to have never killed their generals over perceived incompetence, cowardice etc. Which I guess makes sense, being perceived as a potential future rival is usually the big ticket for that (Stalin purged his generals because he was afraid of another military uprising or coup like in the aftermath of the Russo-Japanese war).
Putin is becoming more and more Stalinistique (if that's a word). We may regret not doing more to help Ukraine.....it may have been helping ourselves.
Putin's inhumanity in Ukraine emerges as calls for 'self-purification' of 'traitors' as mass graves are dug
Maybe Putin will push his generals to the point where they remove him as president......we can only hope as he is beginning to show some signs of instability.
Top Russian general reportedly detained as Putin targets 'traitors' amid Ukraine invasion

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Interesting enough I learned a week or two ago, that this sort of thing is kind of minor when it comes to the history of Russia and the Soviet Union... they once lost 16 Admirals and generals in one fell swoop due to penny pinching! (Keeping an old jet in service)!
Reminds me of when. Guy you don't like needs help, then it is said: guess we'll have an early supper.

or something like that, something probably lost in translation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

That's interesting.

I saw this video today proposing impeachment of Biden by some Republican in congress and not for the usual stuff but because he has only released one Billion dollars of aid for Ukraine compared to the 13 Billion of aid that congress approved. Now imagine if the lion share of that aid, was mostly given to the makers of Javelin and Stinger missiles to make more to ship out, and the rest went for some of there other needs and also paid for logistics costs of the deliveries of such supplies....

Upvote 0