Another look at the Trinity.

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have recently come to look at the Trinity from another angle.

God is a Spirit. God communicates with man in two forms. The one form is spiritual, and the other form is physical.

God has made man in his image, and we know that it is not our physical image that God is referring to, but rather our spiritual image. God has given us a spirit.

The Word of God is one part of the Trinity, and takes on the physical aspect of God's communication with us. We see this in the fact that the Word was made flesh.

The Holy Spirit is another part of the Trinity, and communicates with us through our spirit.

The two forms of communication lead to salvation.

The Trinity therefore is the Father (Who is a Spirit), and his two forms of communication with us, which are both spiritual (The Holy Spirit), and physical which is God's Word (In the manifestation of Jesus).

Does this make sense to anyone?

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

God is a Spirit. God communicates with man in two forms. The one form is spiritual, and the other form is physical.

God has made man in his image, and we know that it is not our physical image that God is referring to, but rather our spiritual image. God has given us a spirit.

The Word of God is one part of the Trinity, and takes on the physical aspect of God's communication with us. We see this in the fact that the Word was made flesh.

The Holy Spirit is another part of the Trinity, and communicates with us through our spirit.

The Trinity therefore is the Father (Who is a Spirit), and his two forms of communication with us, which are both spiritual (The Holy Spirit), and physical which is God's Word (In the manifestation of Jesus).

What is your argument for why this God exists though?

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is your argument for why this God exists though?
Why does God exist?

God has communicated to me in two forms. Anybody can write a book, but only God could have written the Bible and given us Jesus. This is the arm of God and one part of the Trinity.

Nobody could make an argument for why God exists that would satisfy you except you meet God personally. I cried out to God with a meek and contrite spirit. God's Spirit answered my spirit, and presented Christ as all that represents goodness. Unless your spirit meets God's spirit you will never have a relationship with God, nor will you have confidence that God exists.

You only have to look around and see God's handy work to realize that a majestic designer was at work.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why does God exist?

God has communicated to me in two forms. Anybody can write a book, but only God could have written the Bible and given us Jesus. This is the arm of God and one part of the Trinity.

Nobody could make an argument for why God exists that would satisfy you except you meet God personally. I cried out to God with a meek and contrite spirit. God's Spirit answered my spirit, and presented Christ as all that represents goodness. Unless your spirit meets God's spirit you will never have a relationship with God, nor will you have confidence that God exists.

You only have to look around and see God's handy work to realize that a majestic designer was at work.

It sounds like you are saying that there is no good reason to believe in God apart from personal revelation. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

That's an interesting take. I never thought of it that way.

In a similar vein I've heard that one aspect of the Word is that he is the Father's interface to the physical universe, going as far back as the creation itself. And in some early Jewish literature the Word of the Lord does various physical things that the scriptures say the Lord did, such as walk in the garden of Eden.

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you are saying that there is no good reason to believe in God apart from personal revelation. Is that correct?
No that is not what I am saying. You can't know God apart from seeking him with a meek and contrite spirit. Many have tried to prove intellectually that God doesn't exist only to come to the realization that he does.

When I met God I was questioning his fairness. I didn't see how God was fair in his dealings with man. I wasn't studying his word as found in the Bible. People come to know God through his Word, but that wasn't how I found God, at least in the physical aspect. There are two ways that God communicates with us. One way is the Bible, the other is the Holy Spirit. Either way it is God's Word that brings us to a knowledge of him.

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's an interesting take. I never thought of it that way.

In a similar vein I've heard that one aspect of the Word is that he is the Father's interface to the physical universe, going as far back as the creation itself. And in some early Jewish literature the Word of the Lord does various physical things that the scriptures say the Lord did, such as walk in the garden of Eden.
Jesus is the Word of God manifested in the flesh. Jesus had a day that he was begotten in the flesh, but the Word of God always was. I see Jesus as the one speaking in the Garden, and as the one speaking to Moses from the burning bush.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No that is not what I am saying. You can't know God apart from seeking him with a meek and contrite spirit. Many have tried to prove intellectually that God doesn't exist only to come to the realization that he does.

I'm less interested in "knowing God" and more interested in knowing whether he exists. I'm not sure how one would go about proving he doesn't exist, which casts doubt over your claim that "Many have tried to prove intellectually that God doesn't exist only to come to the realization that he does." Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a deity. We can't prove he doesn't exist any more than we can disprove the existence of Thor. In any case, would you care to walk us through the process whereby we inadvertently prove God's existence while trying to disprove it?

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm less interested in "knowing God" and more interested in knowing whether he exists. I'm not sure how one would go about proving he doesn't exist, which casts doubt over your claim that "Many have tried to prove intellectually that God doesn't exist only to come to the realization that he does." Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a deity. We can't prove he doesn't exist any more than we can disprove the existence of Thor. In any case, would you care to walk us through the process whereby we inadvertently prove God's existence while trying to disprove it?
You want proof that God exists? You need only to examine the date on your birth certificate, or your car registration, or your next bottle of milk, or your next loaf of bread. You cannot mail anything internationally or ship anything internationally without it having the date on it. That date is an exact reference to the Son of God who died that you might have eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You want proof that God exists? You need only to examine the date on your birth certificate, or your car registration, or your next bottle of milk, or your next loaf of bread. You cannot mail anything internationally or ship anything internationally without it having the date on it. That date is an exact reference to the Son of God who died that you might have eternal life.

I really don't think that counts as a proof for God, however.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Why don't you read over the proofs, traditional and contemporary, that the major philosophers and theologians have proposed for God's existence, the rebuttals, and then the responses to the rebuttals? There tons of literature on that.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Word of God manifested in the flesh. Jesus had a day that he was begotten in the flesh, but the Word of God always was. I see Jesus as the one speaking in the Garden, and as the one speaking to Moses from the burning bush.
OK, but what about the Father and Spirit?

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

When I met God I was questioning his fairness. I didn't see how God was fair in his dealings with man. I wasn't studying his word as found in the Bible. People come to know God through his Word, but that wasn't how I found God, at least in the physical aspect. There are two ways that God communicates with us. One way is the Bible, the other is the Holy Spirit. Either way it is God's Word that brings us to a knowledge of him.

What is your evidence that many atheists have converted because they couldn't disprove God? Maybe in a few rare instances, but overally no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why does God exist?

That's not completely accurate. Many Christians, including myself, believe that while the Bible may be inspirited, it was not all dictated by God. There are, for example, about 100 major contradictions.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you read over the proofs, traditional and contemporary, that the major philosophers and theologians have proposed for God's existence, the rebuttals, and then the responses to the rebuttals? There tons of literature on that.

Not very helpful.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Oh, you're one of those. Lol.

Upvote 0

thankfulttt

Oct 26, 2014
✟11,502.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I really don't think that [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]s as a proof for God, however.
Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Consider that almost every one of the disciples suffered martyrdom. If it was a lie that Jesus rose from the dead, why would they choose to die for a lie?

There is more evidence for the suffering of the disciples than any other event that far back in history.

Upvote 0