Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Paul is describing this matter as 'our' persecution. It is not to be defrayed the deflected to other people or places.

Deferral is futile. So is denial of the fact.

s
I would say that is a correct assessment :thumbsup:

Matt 23:34 "Because of this behold! I am Commissioning toward ye Prophets and Wisemen and Scribes.
Out of them ye shall be killing and ye shall be crucifying and out of them ye shall be scourging in the synagogues of ye,
and ye shall be persecuting from city into city"

Matt 24:9 Then they shall be delivering up ye into tribulation and they shall be killing ye and ye shall be being hated by all of the nations because of the Name of Me.
10 "And then shall be being snared many, and one another they shall be delivering up and they shall be hating one another.

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
Covenantle parable of lazarus and rich man

Luke 16:26 And upon all of these between us and ye a great chasm hath been established so that those willing to cross-over hence toward ye no may be able, neither thence toward us may be ferrying

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your response appear as unrelated to the OP..(that's why we cant conduct a reasonable dialog in the SDA forum.)
Maybe you can explain your logic.
One thing about covenants, it's given to explain the rules. It's not given in secret or in prophetic imagery.
You mean I am not the only one having this problem.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because I'd like to get this out here:

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Could you explain what John saw here? What would be in this heavenly ark?

Revelation 11:19
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament:

We certainly know that The Temple of God was Jesus Christ in the flesh prior, and resurrected Flesh now.

In Him, The Temple, The Carrier, the ARK, Is 'every Word' of God.

Noah was carried in an ark. So was Moses. Ultimately though the Entirety of Gods Word Is from The Spirit of Christ, The Living Word, His Temple.

Jesus Is The Testament.

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

s

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Cribstyl Your response appear as unrelated to the OP..(that's why we cant conduct a reasonable dialog in the SDA forum.)
Maybe you can explain your logic.
One thing about covenants, it's given to explain the rules. It's not given in secret or in prophetic imagery.
You mean I am not the only one having this problem.
I love a mystery :)

Matthew 13:11 The yet answering, He said to them "that to ye it hath been given knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of the heavens. To those yet, not it hath been given",
[Mark 4:11/Luke 8:10/Colos 1:26/Revelation 10:7]

Colo 1:26 The mystery having been Hid from the ages and from the generations, now yet was made manifest to the holy-ones of Him.
27 To whom God wills, to make known any the riches of the glory of this, the mystery, in the Nations, which is Christ in ye, the hope of glory.
[Revelation 10:7]

roy orbison - She's A Mystery to Me - Mystery Girl - YouTube

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are 'two' covenants 'as it is written' into the Law.

One covenant is and remains firmly against 'sons of the flesh.'

The other is for the 'son of faith and promise.'

Both of these Covenants exist in Gods Immutable Law.

Paul describes them quite nicely in Galatians 4, stating therein that the son of the flesh still persecutes the son of faith and promise. Paul goes on to describe that as an internal to external working of the produce of the lust of the flesh, even describing the 'works' of that lust where it becomes apparently viewed, externally viewed, and that we as believers are to avoid all such works.

Many believers think that the first Covenant has fallen or is currently passed away. That is not the case.

Galatians 4:
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

enjoy!

squint
I think that is a fair statement about covenants. I would say and agree that the covenant not of promise applies only to Israel and not one else according to Deuteronomy.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that is a fair statement about covenants. I would say and agree that the covenant not of promise applies only to Israel and not one else according to Deuteronomy.
The OC Israelites had a lot to deal with and under a lot of pressure from YAHWEH

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

Rotherham) Deuteronomy 28:1 And it shall be if thou wilt hearken unto the voice of Yahweh thy God, to observe to do all his commandments which I am commanding thee to-day, then will Yahweh thy God set thee on high above all the nations of the earth;

Rotherham) Deuteronomy 28:15 But it shall be, if thou do not hearken unto the voice of Yahweh thy God to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I am commanding thee to-day, then shall come in upon thee all these curses and shall reach thee:--

http://www.christianforums.com/t7459656-101/#post54524331
National Israel is cursed forever !

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There are 'two' covenants 'as it is written' into the Law.

One covenant is and remains firmly against 'sons of the flesh.'

The other is for the 'son of faith and promise.'

Both of these Covenants exist in Gods Immutable Law.

Paul describes them quite nicely in Galatians 4, stating therein that the son of the flesh still persecutes the son of faith and promise. Paul goes on to describe that as an internal to external working of the produce of the lust of the flesh, even describing the 'works' of that lust where it becomes apparently viewed, externally viewed, and that we as believers are to avoid all such works.

Many believers think that the first Covenant has fallen or is currently passed away. That is not the case.

It is the case...

Heb 10:9then he added, ‘See, I have come to do your will.’ He abolishes the first in order to establish the second.
Galatians 4:
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 11:19
And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament:

We certainly know that The Temple of God was Jesus Christ in the flesh prior, and resurrected Flesh now.

In Him, The Temple, The Carrier, the ARK, Is 'every Word' of God.

Noah was carried in an ark. So was Moses. Ultimately though the Entirety of Gods Word Is from The Spirit of Christ, The Living Word, His Temple.

Jesus Is The Testament.

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

s

jer 3;16 And when you have multiplied and been fruitful in the land, in those days, declares the LORD, they shall no more say, “The ark of the covenant of the LORD.” It shall not come to mind or be remembered or missed; it shall not be made again.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There will always be difficulties when we say any Word of God is only applicable to X people.

Jesus did not present that to be the case:

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

And who is a Jew anyway?

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The term 'Jew' stems from Judah. Judah is representative of The Head. The MIND of Christ, The Lawgiver, The Living Word.

s

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is the case...

Heb 10:9then he added, ‘See, I have come to do your will.’ He abolishes the first in order to establish the second.
Hebrews is always a good read on Covenants and especially the OC vs NC Priesthood of believers :thumbsup:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7426625-10/#post56463318
Hebrew Chapt 10

10:9 Then he hast declared 'behold! I am arriving of the to do the will of Thee * the/O God*'.
He is taking away/anairei <337> (5719) the first, that the second He should be establishing/setting-up

Textus Rec.) Hebrews 10:9 tote eirhken idou hkw tou poihsai *o qeoV" to qelhma sou anairei to prwton ina to deuteron sthsh

Strong's Number G337 matches the Greek &#7936;&#957;&#945;&#953;&#961;&#8051;&#969; (anaire&#333;), which occurs 24 times in 22 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV337.

anaireo an-ahee-reh'-o from 303 and (the active of) 138; to take up, i.e. adopt; by implication, to take away (violently), i.e. abolish, murder:--put to death, kill, slay, take away, take up.
303. ana an-ah' a primary preposition and adverb; properly, up; but (by extension) used (distributively) severally, or (locally) at (etc.):--
138. haireomai hahee-reh'-om-ahee probably akin to 142; to take for oneself, i.e. to prefer:--choose. Some of the forms are borrowed from a cognate hellomai hel'-lom-ahee; which is otherwise obsolete.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the case...

The 'covenant' against the son, the 'lust' of the flesh does not apply to the children of promise. Nevertheless 'we' all carry that working.

s

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

The 'covenant' against the son, the 'lust' of the flesh does not apply to the children of promise. Nevertheless 'we' all carry that working.

s

but why does hebrews say the old cov was abolished?

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps we need to look at it in relation to the covenantle book of Revelation ;) :idea:

Hebrews 8:13 in the to be saying 'NEW', He hath made OLD the first.
The yet being aged and being obsolete nigh of disappearance
[Luke 5:37-39/Reve 19:3]

Reve 19:3 And a second-time they have declared "allelouia and the smoke of Her is ascending into the Ages of the Ages".

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are 'two' covenants. The children of promise are not under the covenant against the son of flesh/lust birth. Nevertheless that 'son of lust' was born of the father of faith, Abraham, just as we also bear and receive personal persecution from and struggle with.

There are many pictures in the O.T. of this exact matter. But sons/lusts of the flesh will find no understanding. They are not 'in Truth' to receive any of the promise, nor will they ever understand.

They are 'locked out.'

s

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There are 'two' covenants. The children of promise are not under the covenant against the son of flesh/lust birth. Nevertheless that 'son of lust' was born of the father of faith, Abraham, just as we also bear and receive personal persecution from and struggle with.

There are many pictures in the O.T. of this exact matter. But sons/lusts of the flesh will find no understanding. They are not 'in Truth' to receive any of the promise, nor will they ever understand.

They are 'locked out.'

s

will ya just please tell me why hebrews says the first was abolished!?:doh:

you said it was not, i rebutt, then we get this..wow...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

They are 'locked out.'

s
Kinda like 5 of the 10 virgins in Matt 25 :)

Matt 25:6 Of middle yet of night a cry has occured "behold! the Bridegroom. Be ye coming out! into meeting of Him".
Of coming away yet of them to purchase, came the Bridegroom and the prepared ones entered with Him into the marriage-festivities, and is locked the door.
11 Subsequently yet are coming also the rest of the virgins saying "Lord! Lord! open Thou! to us"
[Exodus 12:29/Reve 15:8]

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7293297

The Parable of the Ten Virgins of Matthew 25: 1-13

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
will ya just please tell me why hebrews says the first was abolished!?:doh:

you said it was not, i rebutt, then we get this..wow...

The covenant against the lust of the flesh remains fully in force unto eternal condemnation.

s

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kinda like 5 of the 10 virgins in Matt 25

Matt 25:6 Of middle yet of night a cry has occured "behold! the Bridegroom. Be ye coming out! into meeting of Him".
Of coming away yet of them to purchase, came the Bridegroom and the prepared ones entered with Him into the marriage-festivities, and is locked the door.
11 Subsequently yet are coming also the rest of the virgins saying "Lord! Lord! open Thou! to us"

2 Samuel 22:29
For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.

Proverbs 6:23
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Isaiah 42:16
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

s

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
2 Samuel 22:29
For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.

Isaiah 42:16
And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

s
Gotta shine the light that is of our Lord and Savior Jesus :preach: :crossrc:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7591195/#post58574431
Holiness

Matt 4:16 The people, the one-sitting in darkness perceived a great Light
And/also to the ones sitting in part and shadow of death, a Light springs-up to them.
[Isaiah 60:2,3/John 1:4]

Luke 2:32 A Light into a un-covering-veiling/apo-kaluyin <602> of Nations and glory of people of Thee Israel

Steve Miller Band - I want to turn the world around - YouTube

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

s
Bible does not hide what God establish within His covenants.
What are you talking about?:doh: (you're not playing the right notes to the bible.)
I dont expect you to answer the direct questions posed to you by Frogster and others, because you have you own version of the covenants.

Upvote 0