GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
I want to have a discussion on churchs that preach or teach another Gospel, and another Jesus.
Jesus said,
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I believe that if any church preaches anything OTHER than JESUS being the ONLY way to heaven, they are preaching a false Jesus and a false gospel.

It seems to me that the world is becomming more and more tolerant of churches preaching and teaching this false gospel. Churches are having these modern services and they are worshipping but not preaching the WORD. There is no conviction in these churches. How can one be saved without repentance?
Would you concider a church to be a TRUE christian church if they did not give an oppurtuinty for anyone visiting to be born again that day? Would you consider a church to be a TRUE christain church if they are teaching works salvation? What about churches that teach and preach peace at all costs without preaching grace before it?
What are we tolerating here? Tell me, what is a TRUE christain church?

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Any church that preaches that there is MORE than one way to heaven other that Jesus Christ, they are preaching and teaching another gospel.

Galatians 1:6-9 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I belive that it is VITAL that we reconize what churches are preaching the true gospel and what churches are preaching "another" gospel. If we don't discern this, then we can be so easily decieved.

GEL

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Churches that preach another gospel need the whole tables turned over, reeds made into whips, with people proclaiming them as a brood of vipers...point blank.

And what's sad is that churches are not only teaching other ways into heaven, but they are becoming tolerant of everything that man wants to accept into the church.

If a supposed Christian church was teaching other ways to the Father, than solely through Jesus Christ, then in my mind they are not Christian to begin with. Shouldn't even be classified as a church.

I could ramble on and on for days about this subject. All of this just goes on to further prove that in the last days the church will not follow sound doctrine. I bet we can look at a church in a community and see this happening. Just image around the world.

In my opinion the church needs to not be all raindbow and flowers, let's accept everyone's beliefs, everyones public sins and not tell them that it's wrong. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings now would we? We worry more about their feelings than their souls, which is pathetic. I don't think Jesus worried too much to hurt a few people's feelings and pride when He said He was the way the truth and the life. Jesus even said that He did not come to bring peace, but division. Grace before peace, absolutely.

Good post.

Upvote 0

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Lord's Envoy said:
Amen, the road to heaven is pretty exclusive.

:amen:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Sword-In-Hand said:
In my opinion the church needs to not be all raindbow and flowers, let's accept everyone's beliefs, everyones public sins and not tell them that it's wrong. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings now would we? We worry more about their feelings than their souls, which is pathetic.
It's a way of being Politically and Ecumenically Correct.
I call the dessert churches. All the sweet stuff of the Bible and nothing to grow on. I love my desserts, but I also know that I need balance. Some fruits, vegetables, meats and milk. I don't find that in a lot of churches.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Gold Dragon said:
Jesus is the way the truth and the life. The trouble comes when we box Jesus into our way, our truth and our life.

Someone really should make that their sig. Because you know, once you've made it to someone's sig, you've made it big!

Really though, I agree GD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
GreenEyedLady said:
I want to have a discussion on churchs that preach or teach another Gospel, and another Jesus.
Jesus said,
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I believe that if any church preaches anything OTHER than JESUS being the ONLY way to heaven, they are preaching a false Jesus and a false gospel.

It seems to me that the world is becomming more and more tolerant of churches preaching and teaching this false gospel. Churches are having these modern services and they are worshipping but not preaching the WORD. There is no conviction in these churches. How can one be saved without repentance?
Would you concider a church to be a TRUE christian church if they did not give an oppurtuinty for anyone visiting to be born again that day? Would you consider a church to be a TRUE christain church if they are teaching works salvation? What about churches that teach and preach peace at all costs without preaching grace before it?
What are we tolerating here? Tell me, what is a TRUE christain church?

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Any church that preaches that there is MORE than one way to heaven other that Jesus Christ, they are preaching and teaching another gospel.

Galatians 1:6-9 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I belive that it is VITAL that we reconize what churches are preaching the true gospel and what churches are preaching "another" gospel. If we don't discern this, then we can be so easily decieved.

GEL

:thumbsup: :amen: Only one way and that way is Jesus. Some think they can make it by the Law of Moses, which is another gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ksen

Wiki on Garth!
Mar 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
GreenEyedLady said:
Would you concider a church to be a TRUE christian church if they did not give an oppurtuinty for anyone visiting to be born again that day?

I don't remember Peter or Paul giving a Finney-style invitation at the end of their sermons.......at least not the ones written down for us.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ksen said:
I don't remember Peter or Paul giving a Finney-style invitation at the end of their sermons.......at least not the ones written down for us.

I think the word is scripture is "reasoned".

Acts 18:4 Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

acts 18:19 They arrived at Ephesus, where Paul left Priscilla and Aquila. He himself went into the synagogue and reasoned with the Jews.

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ Is the pastor a shepard over his flock (congretation)? If so he needs to feed them food. If the pastor is just an evangelist then he should only preach the Gospel that Jesus taught. What role do you expect your pastor to fill? Churches that only preach the message of salvation every single service, while being evangelistic and full of religious zeal to get people saved are sometimes effective at getting people saved, but do not keep members for long, and they do not grow. Neither is their a great sense of disciplehood in their congregation. Members usually stick around these places out of a sense of guilt.
~ If you look at Ephesians though, you find that Jesus gave five offices to the church. The purpose of these offices it to build up the church so that THEY can do the work of ministering reconciliation to the lost. If the body is not built up and growing because it is not getting fed, it is not capable of ministering to the lost. Funny thing is that the churches and pastors like Joel Osteen who everyone wants to demonize for not preaching their version of the gospel the way they have been indoctinated to preach it over their years, are churches that have a lot of people getting saved.
~ It is the Holy Spirit that convicts men. It is not the job of a pastor to try to make everyone feel guilty so they accept the altercall or creed of a manmade organization (denominational churches).
~ I guess it depends on what your view of the church is.
~ I guess your view of the Church depends on who you think Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God the Father are.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng,

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
ksen said:

We are not talking about sermon styles or invitations.
The point is that some so called christain churchs are preaching or teaching OTHER ways to get to heaven.
If a church is preaching or teaching or tolerant of "other" ways to get to heaven they are preaching another Gospel. These are not for Christ, but against Him to decieve the believers.
GEL

Ps.
Looks like an inviation to me!!!!!!!!!!

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amen GEL!
I saw a cartton once about this where a pastor was answering to God for all the unsaved that attended his church and he answered, "What were they waiting for a formal invitation?" On the other hand there is a belief that only a few preselected folks are allowed to get saved, but I won't go there. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.